Mistweaver Monk Healing Spec, Builds, and Talents — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the best talents for each tier for your Mistweaver Monk in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. We also have default talent lists for various types of content, such as raiding or Mythic+. If you play with Warmode on, we have your PvP talents covered as well.
Talent Cheat Sheet for Mistweaver Monks
Ideally, the best method for selecting talents is to gain a robust understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and then select the one most suited to the job at hand. However, as general recommendations, the following builds work well for their intended purposes. To see how these talents affect your rotation, check out our rotation guide.
It should also be noted that talents are now able to be free-swapped outside of combat. They do not require a rest area, tome, or any other frictional mechanics, so feel free to experiment!
Best Talents for Mistweaver Monk
Generic Raid Talents for newer Mistweaver Monk
This build is optimal if you are still working on the fundamentals of Mistweaver.
Be sure to make use of the 'Copy Export String' button to import the best build directly into your game!
The Clouded Focus Build
This build is built more around raid healing using ramp windows. The aim is to maintain as many Renewing Mists as possible, then we use Invoke Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent to ramp up even more via Rapid Diffusion culminating in a Soothing Mist into Vivify spam. Once our ramp is set up, we can freely spam Vivifies until our ramp dies down.
Mythic+ or Small Groups
This build is aimed more towards dealing damage and semi-passive healing via fistweaving. On the Monk side, it opts into more of utility like interrupts and CCs in order to prevent damage before it even happens. Also, it leans more into the DPS side of things since Mythic+ is much more DPS-centric. As for the Mistweaver side, it is more of the same: leaning into dealing damage and relying on Faeline Stomp and its supporting talents to take care of the maintenance healing. Also, if you are finding you are in need of more frequent available cooldowns for Mythic+ swapping Shaohao's Lessons for Veil of Pride can be an excellent option.
Talent Explanations for Mistweaver Monks
Note that we do not explain EVERY Talent in the tree on this page. We only explain Talents that are part of our optimal builds. For full details and explanations of every Talent, please visit our Spells page via the button below.
Mistweaver Monk talent breakdown
The following is going to be a quick explanation of the dos and don'ts of talent selection. Keep in mind that this is a broad strokes guideline, and even "undesirable" talents can find use in niche encounters.
|Soothing Mist||A weak single target heal, that enables stronger healers to be cast during its channel.|
|Rising Sun Kick||Our strongest single target DPS button, also interacts with other healing spells and talents.|
|Tiger's Lust||A powerful movement speed increase and snare break that we can cast on ourselves or other players.|
|Ferocity of Xuen||A passive damage increase to us that also buffs aspects of our healing based on talents like Ancient Teachings|
|Improved Detox||Allows us to dispel poisons and diseases as well. Due to its placement, it's sort of a no-brainer to pick unless there are literally neither of those debuffs in the content you are doing.|
|Paralysis||Incapacitates a target, the effect breaks on any damage. Walking too close to paralyzed targets will still put you in combat with them, unlike some other CCs. However, they can still be knocked using Ring of Peace as that does no damage.|
|Vivacious Vivification||Gives us an instant Vivify every 10 seconds, allowing us to weave heals into our DPS rotations more fluidly.|
|Transcendence||Allows you to place a ghost and swap back and forth with it's position. It's an extremely powerful movement ability.|
|Spear Hand Strike||Our interrupt, usually only needed for Mythic+|
|Fortifying Brew||Increases Health by 15% and reduces damage taken by the same amount.|
|Chi Burst||A moderately strong frontal heal, mostly taken to unluck further nodes.|
|Ring of Peace||Places an area on the ground that knocks all enemies out of it. Does not engage combat.|
|Fast Feet||Buffs Rising Sun Kick damage and is often used to fill out the tree|
|Diffuse Magic||Reduces magic damage taken by 60% and, removes all magic debuffs from you and applies them to their source. This can do insane damage when used to redirect certain abilities in high Mythic+|
|Dampen Harm||A damage reduction that prevents more damage, the bigger the hit you take.|
|Yu'lon's Grace||Grants you a stacking magic shield. It is very powerful against rot-type damage where you are not taking large, infrequent hits.|
|Close to Heart||Increases healing taken by you and your allies within 10 yards. A very strong passive Monk buff.|
|Generous Pour||Its the same thing as Close to Heart but grants avoidance instead.|
|Save Them All||Grants you a large 4s healing buff when healing targets below 35%.|
|Resonant Fists||Passively increases the damage you deal. Good as filler or for Mythic+|
|Summon Jade Serpent Statue||Summons a totem that will channel healing into a target for 8 seconds whenever you cast Soothing Mist on them. A lackluster talent that only starts to see play when you use the Clouded Focus build.|
|Bounce Back||A somewhat weak defensive option, but it can be taken if you need to maximize tankiness.|
|Enveloping Mist||Our big single target heal. Can be cast during Soothing Mist|
|Essence Font||Once our most powerful AoE heal, it has since lost favor to a more Vivify based build. Still useful in generic Mistweaver gameplay.|
|Renewing Mist||Our bread and butter HoT, if it overheals a target, it will jump to another injured target within 20 yards. Also, if you cast a Renewing Mist on a target that already has one, the old one will jump to an injured target (if there is an available one within 20 yards).|
|Life Cocoon||Our external cooldown. Places a big shield on the target and causes them to take extra healing from all HoTs.|
|Thunder Focus Tea>||A short cooldown used to empower one of our basic rotational healing abilities|
|Mana Tea||Our primary mana management tool. Spending mana generates stacks , and using this ability consumes those stacks and grants mana in return. Also, you gain a mini Innervate after channeling, the duration of which is based on the number of stacks you consumed.|
|Teachings of the Monastery||This Talent basically enables our DPS rotation, and is required in order to have a chance to reset Rising Sun Kick (which is important for talents like Rising Mist)|
|Revival||Our big raid cooldown, instantly heals the whole group and dispels all magic, poison, and diseases from them.|
|Restoral||It's just Revival, but without the magic dispel. It's important for fights in which dispelling many things at once can wipe the raid.|
|Invigorating Mists||Is what turns Vivify into a good heal, and activates our rotational goal of maintaining moderate to high Renewing Mists on the raid.|
|Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane||One of our two personal steroid cooldowns. This one revolves around DPSing in order to heal as many targets as possible with the mastery procs you generate from Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick and Spinning Crane Kick. Also, each cast of those abilities will cause your next Enveloping Mist to have a reduced mana cost and cast time, stacking up to 3 times.|
|Invoke Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent||This is the other side of the Chi-Ji join. Yulon is about hard casting Enveloping Mist in order to blanket the raid with Enveloping Breath and Renewing Mist (both those interactions are the results of later talents). Yulon will also passively heal the raid as well.|
|Rapid Diffusion||Will cause Enveloping Mist and Rising Sun Kick to apply Renewing Mist. Great for passively keeping Renewing Mists up during DPS windows or actively ramping them during Yulon windows.|
|Chrysalis/ Burst of Life||Most of the time, you'll take the reduced cooldown on Life Cocoon, but sometimes turning Life Cocoon into a mini group, HPS cooldown has its uses.|
|Mist Wrap||A very powerful passive, especially when playing Invoke Yulon, as you will be blanketing the raid quite often with Enveloping Mist. This talent also applies to Enveloping Breath|
|Celestial Harmony||During either of your Invoke cooldowns, casting Enveloping Mist will place Enveloping Breath on players around them. Also, this causes your Invoke abilities to shield 5 targets within 40 yards for a substantial amount of damage.|
|Lifecycles||Makes you generate more Mana Tea stacks, just by playing right.|
|Faeline Stomp||On its own, this is a very weak and lackluster talent, but it is made incredibly fun and powerful by its subsequent Talent unlocks, and its synergy with Ancient Teachings.|
|Ancient Concordance||Causes your Blackout Kicks to hit multiple targets which is insanely powerful during Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane windows. A 4 stacked Blackout kick cleaving onto multiple targets will basically fully heal any dungeon group.|
|Awakened Faeline||Increase the chance to reset Faeline, which is a nice quality of life change, but the powerful aspect of this Talent is allowing Spinning Crane Kick to transfer damage into healing. In Mythic+, assuming your tank is being self-sufficient, this takes care of most of the maintenance healing while freeing you up to DPS.|
|Ancient Teachings||Causes your DPS abilities to transfer damage into healing. Excellent maintenance healing during low damage moments.|
|Clouded Focus||Ramps up your Enveloping Mist and Vivify healing while channeling Soothing Mist. Becomes very powerful with the Aberrus tier.|
|Gift of the Celestials||Shortens the cooldown and duration of our Invoke spells. It is very handy in Mythic+ for Chi-Ji and enables insane ramping gameplay in Raids using Yulon.|
|Rising Mist||Causes Rising Sun Kick to extend the duration of our HoTs up to 100% of their duration. Essential for high Hot uptime, and therefore high Vivify cleave.|
|Sheilun's Gift||When paired with its subsequent talents, it makes for a powerful group cooldown that has the flexibility of being used early at a lower effectiveness.|
PvP Talents for Mistweaver Monks
- Eminence reduces the cooldown of Transcendence: Transfer by 15 seconds and allows you to port while stunned.
- Counteract Magic removing hostile magic effects from your target causes you to deal 10% increased healing to them for 10 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
- Dome of Mist causes Enveloping Mist to place a shield on the target for 120% of its remaining healing, if it is dispelled.
- Refreshing Breeze while channeling Soothing Mist, you can a stacking buff increasing Expel Harm's healing by 15% and allows it to dispel one Poison, Magic, and Disease effect from the target.
- Healing Sphere places a small orb on the ground that heals friendly targets who walk over it while also removing all harmful magic DoT effects.
- Zen Focus Tea causes you to be immune to silence and interrupt effects for 5 seconds on a 30-second cooldown.
- Grapple Weapon allows you to shoot a rope at a target, disarming them of their weapons for 6 seconds on a 45-second cooldown.
- Alpha Tiger Your first Tiger Palm on a target grants 20% haste for 8 seconds.
- Dematerialize causes you to take 30% less damage while stunned. This damage reduction decays by 10% per second.
- Mighty Ox Kick Knocks back your opponent.
- Peaceweaver Reduces Revival's cooldown by 50% and makes targets hit by it immune to magic for 2 seconds.
- Thunderous Focus Tea causes Thunder Focus Tea to make your Crackling Jade Lightning's knockback trigger instantly or causes Essence Font to increase your movement speed by 70% and make you immune to movement-impairing effects.
- 12 Nov. 2023: Slightly altered the recommended Clouded Focus talent build.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated all talent trees to reflect the Patch 10.2 changes
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated all talents trees to reflect the Mana Tea change, and other shuffling of talent positions.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1, and added the Clouded Focus build.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated to reflect the addition of the talent Legacy of Wisdom.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated to reflect the 10.0.5 talent tree rework.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Adjusted the talent selections for both Raiding and Mythic+.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Fixed a typo regarding Enveloping Breath.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle