Mistweaver Monk PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Mistweaver Monk and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Mistweaver Monk PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Mistweaver Monks
Here is the build for Mistweaver Monk if you want to play from range and focus on casted healing:
Here is the build for Mistweaver Monk if you want to play more aggressive and "Fistweave":
While the above calculator provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Monk Tree Talent Highlights
- Spear Hand Strike. This is a melee-ranged kick that will be useful in almost every matchup. Use this to interrupt incoming crowd control.
- Escape from Reality. Originally a legendary in Shadowlands, this talent allows you to port a second time within 10 seconds of using Transcendence: Transfer. This is crucial versus melee cleaves that target you.
Mistweaver Monk Tree Talent Highlights
- Mist Wrap. Enveloping Mist is crucial to Mistweaver healing, and increasing its healing and duration makes it even better.
- Song of Chi-Ji. This gives Mistweavers a third way to crowd control someone. You will now be able to use Paralysis, Leg Sweep, Ring of Peace, and Song of Chi-ji to crowd control an enemy healer.
- Overflowing Mists. Another talent that increases the healing of your Enveloping Mist. This is a great talent versus teams with no purges.
- Focused Thunder. This gives you more flexibility when you are using Thunder Focus Tea and works well with the Clouded Focus talent.
PvP Talents for Mistweaver Monks
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful, but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Peaceweaver reduces the cooldown of Revival and makes you immune to magical effects for a short period afterwards. This is an amazing PvP talent to use versus teams with magic damage and in Rated Battlegrounds.
Zen Spheres places a sphere of Hope or Despair over the target. This is a great talent to increase the overall damage output of your team and increase the healing you do to your target. Only one can be active at the same time:
- Sphere of Hope increases your healing done to the target by 15%.
- Sphere of Despair makes the target deal 10% damage to you, and takes 10% increased damage from all sources.
Situational PvP Talents
Zen Focus Tea helps Mistweavers deal with one of their greatest weaknesses, being interrupted. Because most healing spells Mistweaver have are used while channeling Soothing Mist, being interrupted is very common. Use Zen Focus Tea versus teams with multiple interrupts, especially verses classes with long interrupts (Mages, Warlocks, Rogues).
Grapple Weapon disarms the enemy for 6 seconds. This can be crucial utility against teams with a melee DPS on it. This is also a great option when playing against Death Knights. When you Disarm them, they will not be able to heal and can result in you killing them.
Eminence allows you to use Transcendence: Transfer while stunned. This talent can be useful versus teams with mobile melee specs on them (Demon Hunter, Windwalker, Feral Druid) or against teams that rely on setup to get kills (Jungle and RMP).
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated Recommended Talents for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated Recommended Talents for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 05 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.
- Updated Talent Calculator.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Talent Tree.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 06 Feb. 2023: Updated Recommended Talents.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Updated Talents for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Best talents.
- 21 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: No Updates made for 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Tier 3 Regular Talent.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated PvP talents.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Tier 6 Regular Talents.
- Updated Talent Table.
- 26 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players