Preservation Evoker PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight / 10.0)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Preservation Evoker and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Preservation Evoker PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Preservation Evokers
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Obsidian Bulwark gives you an additional charge of your primary defensive, Obsidian Scales. Preservation Evokers can be quite easy to kill, so having an additional charge will help with your survivability.
- Tip the Scales makes your next empowered cast instantly at its maximum empower level. This is one of your best cooldowns, as you can instantly do large amounts of healing with Dream Breath or contribute to a kill with an instant Fire Breath.
- Time Spiral is unique, as it allows you and your teammates to use a mobility spell even if it is on cooldown. For example, if you are playing with a Windwalker, they can use their Roll even if it's on cooldown. For Evokers, this will allow you to use Hover.
Preservation Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Call of Ysera gives you some flexibility with your spells. After using Verdant Embrace, the healing from your next Dream Breath or Living Flame is increased.
- Golden Hour makes Reversion instantly heal your target for a portion of the damage dealt to them. This is already a strong HoT, and this talent makes it even better.
- Dream Flight is a strong 2-minute cooldown that allows you to fly to a specific location. This will heal all allies under you while flying and put a HoT on them. An important part of this talent is that it removes all roots, and you are immune to crowd control while flying.
- Time Dilation/ Delay Harm. In combination with Delay Harm, Time Dilation makes it so an ally will take 70% of the damage they should be dealt and turns it into a DoT on them. This is a potent spell when the enemy team is using burst cooldowns.
PvP Talents for Preservation Evoker
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents, each has uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Unburdened Flight is a crucial PvP talent to have. This makes it, so your Hover makes you immune to movement reduction effects. This is important because you have a short range on your healing spells and need to use your mobility to avoid damage and crowd control.
Situational PvP Talents
Nullifying Shroud prevents the next 3 crowd control effects on you. This lasts for 30 seconds but has a cast time. This is great for when you are playing into a composition with a lot of crowd control (Mage/Lock, RMP), but there is a cast time, so teams will know when to avoid crowd controlling you.
Dream Projection summons a copy of yourself that flies through your allies and heals them. After it expires, it will detonate and dispel all nearby allies and put a large HoT on them. This is great versus teams with multiple DoTs. This will actively dispel project effects, such as damage from Unstable Affliction or fear from Vampiric Touch.
Scouring Flame can be used if your team's strategy is to be aggressive. This makes it so Fire Breath burns away 1 beneficial Magical effect on all targets hit by it. This can be great versus teams with very few buffs.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page created.
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 8)
- All Trading Post Item Purchases Temporarily Non-Refundable
- Further Hints at Underground Zone in Patch 10.1
- New Book About the Old Gods Added in Patch 10.0.7
- Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Primordial Gems in Patch 10.0.7
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: January 31st
- Lost Ark Roadmap for February and March