Preservation Evoker PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Preservation Evoker and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Preservation Evoker PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Preservation Evokers
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Obsidian Bulwark gives you an additional charge of your primary defensive, Obsidian Scales. Preservation Evokers can be quite easy to kill, so having an additional charge will help with your survivability.
- Tip the Scales makes your next empowered cast instantly at its maximum empower level. This is one of your best cooldowns, as you can instantly do large amounts of healing with Dream Breath or contribute to a kill with an instant Fire Breath.
- Time Spiral is unique, as it allows you and your teammates to use a mobility spell even if it is on cooldown. For example, if you are playing with a Windwalker, they can use their Roll even if it is on cooldown. For Evokers, this will allow you to use Hover.
Preservation Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Call of Ysera gives you some flexibility with your spells. After using Verdant Embrace, the healing from your next Dream Breath or Living Flame is increased.
- Golden Hour makes Reversion instantly heal your target for a portion of the damage dealt to them. This is already a strong HoT, and this talent makes it even better.
- Dream Flight is a strong 2-minute cooldown that allows you to fly to a specific location. This will heal all allies under you while flying and put a HoT on them. An important part of this talent is that it removes all roots, and you are immune to crowd control while flying.
- Time Dilation/ Delay Harm. In combination with Delay Harm, Time Dilation makes it so an ally will take 70% of the damage they should be dealt and turns it into a DoT on them. This is a potent spell when the enemy team is using burst cooldowns.
PvP Talents for Preservation Evoker
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents; each has uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Dream Projection summons a copy of yourself that flies through your allies and heals them. After it expires, it will detonate and dispel all nearby allies and put a large HoT on them. This is great versus teams with multiple DoTs. This will actively dispel project effects, such as damage from Unstable Affliction or fear from Vampiric Touch.
Nullifying Shroud prevents the next 3 crowd control effects on you. This lasts for 30 seconds but has a cast time. This is great for when you are playing into a composition with a lot of crowd control (Mage/Lock, RMP), but there is a cast time, so teams will know when to avoid crowd-controlling you.
Situational PvP Talents
Unburdened Flight is a crucial PvP talent to have. This makes it, so your Hover makes you immune to movement reduction effects. This is important because you have a short range on your healing spells and need to use your mobility to avoid damage and crowd control.
Obsidian Mettle make it so when Obsidian Scales is active, you are immune to interrupt, silence, and pushback effects. This is an excellent talent versus teams that are targeting you.
Scouring Flame can be used if your team's strategy is to be aggressive. This makes it so Fire Breath burns away 1 beneficial Magical effect on all targets hit by it. This can be great versus teams with very few buffs.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- Updated Recommended Talents.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Aug. 2023: Updated Talent Calculator.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- Updated Recommended Talents.
- 06 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Talent Tree.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Page created.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5