Preservation Evoker Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Preservation Evoker in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.1.
In Modern WoW, there is no definitive BiS list for gearing. Too many variables impact which gear is best and which equipment you should aim for. That being said, resources do exist, such as the QuestionablyEpic website which can help you decide which gear to farm, what to select from your weekly Great Vault, and even what to equip from the items in your bags. More information about this website and other resources for simulating can be found on our dedicated simulations page:
Many people tend to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. In most cases, equipping a lower item-level piece because it has better secondary stats will result in a very minor change in output. Because of this, it is not always worth picking lower item-level gear. That being said, having a piece of gear with Leech and worse stats or a lower item level will likely be better. In these situations, you should compare the gear by visiting our simulation page above. If you would like a more in-depth look at our stats, please look at our dedicated page for it.
Preservation Evoker Gear Upgrades in Dragonflight Season 2
The Valor Upgrade system is gone in Season 2 and is replaced by a new system that allows for item upgrades to be obtained from a wider variety of content.
Dragonflight Season 2 introduces two new currencies: Flightstones and Shadowflame Crests, both obtainable from practically all forms of content in the game. They can be used to upgrade gear up to Item Level 441, which is entry-level Mythic Raid Item Level. They can also upgrade Crafted Gear up to iLvl 447, which is late-Mythic Item Level.
For more information on the new Gear Upgrades system, check out our dedicated page for it below.
As with Valor, the cost to upgrade scales differs per slot but now also increases quickly as item levels go up.
Best Items to Upgrade in Dragonflight Season 2
When deciding what to upgrade, you will want to start with a weapon, followed by trinkets, and then any leech pieces or items you won't see yourself replacing for a long time. Your theoretical order would look something like this:
Best Way to Spend Sparks of Shadowflame as Preservation Evoker
While you can craft any gear with sparks, you will often gain the most power from crafting a one-handed weapon first. After that, there are a few competitive options. Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards is extremely strong and a very good choice for your second spark item. Your second embellishment will come down to Undulating Sporecloak or Venom-Steeped Stompers. While the stompers provide slightly higher HPS, the sporecloak provides an insanely large shield that can save your life during difficult content. For this reason, we advise making sporecloak. If you are nnly focused on DPS and Mythic+, you could opt to craft with Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch.
Outside of this items, you should aim to increase your worst-geared item slot. If you have already crafted all your embellishments but have very low item level bracers, for example, it could be worth spending a spark on crafting some higher item level ones.
In Patch 10.0.7, new rings were added with powerful bonuses. Although their item level will be lower in Season 2 than other rings, you will still want to use one and farm one if you haven't already. When deciding between the Onyx Annulet and a standard ring, you should consider how much HPS you are doing. Anywhere below 120k HPS and the Onyx Annulet will be superior. Once you start really pushing high HPS, you will benefit more from the stats provided on a standard ring. If you aren't sure which gems you should be using for your ring, please visit the enchants page:
For more information on the best Primordial Gemstones to put in your Onyx Annulet, check out our Enchants and Gems page below.
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Trinkets for Preservation Evokers
When discussing trinkets, it is important to note that many trinkets have varying item levels. If you have the best trinket at a low item level, another lower-ranked trinket could potentially be better. As always, consult the QuestionablyEpic website to sim your gear and find out what your best combination of items is.
- Rashok's Molten Heart (Aberrus)
- Screaming Black Dragonscale (Aberrus)
- Neltharion's Call to Chaos (Aberrus)
- Ominous Chromatic Essence (Aberrus)
- Spoils of Neltharus (Neltharus)
- Rainsong (The Vortex Pinnacle)
- Idol of the Dreamer (Jewelcrafting)
- Idol of the Earth-Warder (Jewelcrafting)
- Idol of the Life-Binder (Jewelcrafting)
- Idol of the Spell-Weaver (Jewelcrafting)
- Sustaining Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Alacritous Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Whispering Incarnate Icon (Vault of the Incarnates)
- Broodkeeper's Promise (Vault of the Incarnates)
- Erupting Spear Fragment (Neltharus)
Cataclysm Timewalking is back as of May 23rd, 2023, and introduces new Trinkets and other items from dungeons like the Stonecore, Lost City of the Tol'vir, Throne of the Tides, End Time, Blackrock Caverns, and the Firelands Raid. The Firelands Trinkets can be upgraded to Item Level 437. They will only be available this week until Cataclysm Timewalking hopefully comes around again later.
Are Cataclysm Timewalking Trinkets worth it?
Overall, there isn't a single trinket that is really competitive with the best options in the current patch. Eye of Blazing Power can be a nice catch up trinket for an undergeared character, but you will replace it fairly quickly with other dungeon and raid trinkets.
- 26 May 2023: Information about Timewalking trinkets added.
- 20 May 2023: Embellishment recommendations changed to account for bug fixes.
- 16 May 2023: Embellishment recommendations updated.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.
- 28 Mar. 2023: Primordial Gem recommendations updated.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Added Spark of Ingenuity crafting recommendations.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
More Evoker Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5
- Twitch Revises Branded Content Guidelines After Backlash
- Welcome Back Gear Gift for Unplayed Characters in 10.1.5
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 6th
- Mythic+ Now Has Extra Affixes (Bug)
- Dragonflight 10.1.5 PTR Notes: June 6th
- Blizzard on Catalyst Quest Becoming Available Earlier Than Expected
- Mythic+ Dungeons Re-Enabled on Live Servers