Restoration Druid PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Restoration Druid in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Restoration Druid PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Restoration Druids in PvP
The stat priority for Restoration Druid in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. The most important secondary stat is Versatility. This increases the damage/healing you do and reduces the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and reduces the cast time on your spells.
In general, Restoration Druids want to get trinkets that either help with Mana recovery or increase your survivability. The stats you want to be increasing are Intellect or Versatility. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall healing output. For more information about your spells in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Restoration Druid.
- Head: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Eternal Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Eternal Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Eternal Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Eternal Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Eternal Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon: Eternal Gladiator's Vesper
Tier Set Bonuses for Restoration Druids
Tier set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, the set bonuses provide a large amount of healing very often throughout an arena match. It is extremely important to obtain both the Restoration Druid 2-Piece and Restoration Druid 4-Piece bonuses as soon as possible. Here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Shoulders: Shoulderpads of the Fixed Stars;
- Chest: Chestguard of the Fixed Stars;
- Gloves: Handwraps of the Fixed Stars;
- Legs: Leggings of the Fixed Stars.
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and Intellect boost that will increase your survivability and healing output.
Eternal Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Eternal Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Eternal Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Eternal Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Restoration Druid:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Sets section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated gear suggestions and added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Updated Best Trinkets.
- Added Gems and Enchants section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4