Restoration Druid PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Restoration Druid in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Restoration Druid PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Restoration Druids in PvP
The stat priority for Restoration Druid in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. The most important secondary stat is Versatility. This increases the damage/healing you do and reduces the damage you take. Haste is the next strongest secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and reduces the cast time on your spells.
In general, Restoration Druids want to get trinkets that either help with Mana recovery or increase your survivability. The stats you want to be increasing are Intellect or Versatility. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall healing output. For more information about your spells in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Restoration Druid.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Unchained Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Vesper
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. These gems have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and sockets, read more on our dedicated page.
Something to note is that these gems are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful effects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Restoration Druid.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Restoration Druid:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated gear suggestions and added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Updated Best Trinkets.
- Added Gems and Enchants section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour