Restoration Druid Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. Best in Slot for Restoration Druids
We do not believe Best in Slot list is possible to make due to way stat weights work for Restoration Druids. Each secondary stat is extremely close to each other with Intellect increasing the most per each item level. The optimal gearing strategy in this case would be to just equip highest item level pieces whenever possible, excluding trinket and Azerite armor pieces.
Having said all that, there will be a few situations where item level upgrades will not be actual upgrades. Sockets are usually worth a bit more than 10 item levels, Leech on the first 2-3 pieces is worth about 15-20 item levels, Avoidance is worth around 10-15.
Seal of the Zandalari Empire and Loa Exultant's Shroud set bonus works on all Battle of Dazar'alor bosses, in Atal'Dazar, and King's Rest dungeons. 150 Intellect bonus is equal to roughly 2 sockets, making it extremely hard to replace these 2 pieces.
2. Benthic Gear
Benthic gear comes from Nazjatar. It can be upgraded all the way to 425 item level and will keep any extra rolls like sockets, Leech, Avoidance or Speed upon upgrading. If you can get any Benthic piece with Leech roll to at least 420 item level, it will probably beat any base 430 item level item from Heroic difficulty The Eternal Palace.
You should be picking whichever combination will give you the most Intellect. You can pick a 5 item level lower weapon with Leech, but anything else will not be worth downgrading for. There are a few exceptions listed below:
- Seabreeze is a unique weapon that provides Haste on proc, although a slightly lower average than an equal item level weapon would. It also has a very low proc rate and a rather long buff duration, which makes it very random. You should generally avoid picking the same item level Seabreeze over any other weapon.
- Pillar of the Drowned Cabal is another unique weapon. It does not have any secondary stats, but has a powerful on-use effect. If you are able to utilise the healing from the proc, it can be worth 5-10 item levels, depending on how efficient you are with it.
- Anu-Azshara, Staff of the Eternal drops from Queen Azshara herself. It has slightly more secondary stats than an equal item level weapon and the proc itself is really strong. In a typical raid fight you can expect it to be worth 10-15 item levels.
We will list notable trinkets that you should aim to get.
- Azshara's Font of Power (Queen Azshara, The Eternal Palace).
- Deferred Sentence (The Queen's Court, The Eternal Palace).
- Luminous Jellyweed (Blackwater Behemoth, The Eternal Palace).
- Za'qul's Portal Key (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha, The Eternal Palace).
- Zoatroid Egg Sac (Orgozoa, The Eternal Palace).
- Incandescent Sliver (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Ward of Envelopment (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Crest of Pa'ku (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Void Stone (Uu'nat, Crucible of Storms).
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss).
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm).
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor).
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar).
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor).
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor).
- Sinister Gladiator's Medallion (PvP).
- Sinister Gladiator's Insignia (PvP).
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest).
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest).
- Sea Giant's Tidestone (World Quest).
- Abyssal Alchemist Stone, Crushing Alchemist Stone, Ascended Alchemist Stone (Alchemy, crafted).
4.1. Trinket Tier Rankings for Raiding
Rankings by tiers assume equal item levels. Any disparities in item levels, sockets and Leech on trinkets within one tier will make them better than others. With enough of an item level gap, trinkets from lower tiers can surpass those from higher ones.
- Tier S: Fangs of Intertwined Essence, Abyssal Alchemist Stone, Crushing Alchemist Stone, Ascended Alchemist Stone, Incandescent Sliver, Deferred Sentence, Azshara's Font of Power.
- Tier A: Luminous Jellyweed, Crest of Pa'ku, Conch of Dark Whispers, Dinobone Charm, Sea Giant's Tidestone, Mirror of Entwined Fate, Ward of Envelopment, Sinister Gladiator's Medallion, Sinister Gladiator's Insignia.
- Tier B: Lady Waycrest's Music Box, Ignition Mage's Fuse, Moonstone of Zin-Azshari, Void Stone.
- Tier C: Za'qul's Portal Key, Balefire Branch, Zoatroid Egg Sac.
4.2. Trinket Tier Rankings for Mythic+
- Tier A: Ignition Mage's Fuse, Dinobone Charm.
- Tier B: Mirror of Entwined Fate, Ward of Envelopment, Sea Giant's Tidestone, Crest of Pa'ku, Conch of Dark Whispers, Lady Waycrest's Music Box, Ascended Alchemist Stone, Deferred Sentence, Luminous Jellyweed.
- Tier C: Incandescent Sliver, Balefire Branch, Sinister Gladiator's Medallion, Moonstone of Zin-Azshari.
- Tier D: Zoatroid Egg Sac, Fangs of Intertwined Essence, Za'qul's Portal Key.
5. Azerite Gear for Restoration Druids
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Updated with The Eternal Palace trinket rankings and Azshara staff.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Added Benthic gear section.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 06 May 2019: Added weapon section.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Mar. 2019: Added Tortollan Seekers world quest trinkets.
- 22 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings, added Gift of the Loa set.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle for Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Update for Patch 8.1.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings for latest hotfixes.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Removed Doom's Hatred from the trinket list.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Added Dinobone Charm and Leyshock's Grand Compilation trinkets.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Classic Spotlight: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 12th
- Beguiling Affix - Void-Touched Emissary Nerf: July 12th
- 3 Days of WoW Game Time for Inactive Players
- WoW Classic Beta Ends Today
- Aqueous Reliquary Drop Clarifications
- Hunter Beta Issues - Not a Bug, Fixed and Actual Bugs
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 11th
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Completely lost here on Icy-Veins
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Restoration Druid 8.2