Restoration Druid Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Druid in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Restoration Druid gear and best in slot.
Unfortunately, this ring comes with no secondary stats and the gems are not powerful enough to be better than even a fully upgraded 415 ring from Mythic+ without a socket.
For more information on the best Primordial Gemstones to put in your Onyx Annulet, check out our Enchants and Gems page below.
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Best in Slot for Restoration Druids
We do not believe a strict Best in Slot list is possible due to how stat weights work for Restoration Druids. Secondary stats are extremely close to each other, with Intellect increasing the most per each item level. The optimal gearing strategy, in this case, would be to equip the highest item-level pieces whenever possible, excluding trinkets and tier.
Your main goal should be to acquire Restoration Druid 2pc. It provides flat Critical Strike to almost all healing spells and will not push you into diminishing returns territory.
Restoration Druid 4pc is also a must-have in raiding. There are no scenarios where you would not use it, even at Normal item levels. For Mythic+ At some point, you should drop the 4-piece set bonus for more damage-oriented items, but the healing increase from the tier will still be significant. There are generally easier ways to gain damage elsewhere and leave tier on.
Crafted gear in Dragonflight
Crafting is an essential way of getting high-item-level gear. You will have two Spark of Ingenuity available on season start. After that, you will get one every two weeks. Combining Sparks with Primal Infusion or Concentrated Primal Infusion will let you get crafts in the 395-405 and 408-418 item levels, respectively. You will be able to get the latter by clearing Mythic+ dungeons at levels 16 or higher and by killing Mythic bosses.
Since there are only a couple of crafts you can make at these item levels, it is important to choose the slots wisely. We do not recommend crafting anything in the potential tier slots (Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Legs). Another factor to remember is Embellished items. You can only wear two items with these effects, similar to legendaries in previous expansions. These effects will not do nearly as much, but they still can significantly increase healing or damage.
There are a lot of embellished items available, so we will only highlight the good ones you might consider crafting, in no particular order:
- Potion Absorption Inhibitor — increases potion duration by 50%. This effect stacks. It is incredibly powerful in raid, especially combined with Alacritous Alchemist Stone.
- Elemental Lariat — this is a necklace with Embellishment built in. You can only get it on this piece. It is desirable, because the effect is decent; you can pick the stats, infuse it with sockets, and finally, the proc will be for Haste. You should only craft this, if you do not play on using any gold on potions.
- Flaring Cowl has a very small range and does not do a lot of damage, but it can proc damage from Seal of Diurna's Chosen. Only use Flaring Cowl in combination with the Seal.
- Toxic Thorn Footwraps — these are boots with a unique effect only available on this specific piece of gear. Currently, they count as 2 Embellished effects (since you most likely want to run them with Toxified Armor Patch embellishment elsewhere) and block you from using any more.
There are a few potentially substantial upgrades for your first crafts. If you are able to get Concentrated Primal Infusion and find a crafter who can make One-Handed weapon for you, then it will be by far the best early upgrade you could get.
For the second Spark of Ingenuity in Mythic+, you might want to either craft Elemental Lariat or Flaring Cowl+. Keep in mind that Flaring Cowl is only useful in combination with Seal of Diurna's Chosen.
Your second craft for raiding can be Alacritous Alchemist Stone. It has a very good synergy with Potion of Chilled Clarity. After that, you should be looking to craft any slot that can get Potion Absorption Inhibitor embellishment.
Crafts after these can be anything. Crafted rings have a guaranteed socket, boots are a desirable slot since there are no heavy haste boots in the game.
Raid BiS List
Having said all that, there will be a few situations where item-level upgrades will not be actual upgrades. Sockets are usually worth more than 10 item levels, Leech on the first 2-3 pieces is worth about 15 item levels, and Avoidance is worth around 5. Due to Leech providing so much power, we will only give a definite BiS list for any slots if the gains from effects on them are better than a random piece with Leech in that slot.
Mythic+ BiS List
For Mythic+ gearing, you will generally want to equip Mastery until you are comfortable with healing requirements. Some play with 0 Mastery on gear to deal more damage, and some go into it more heavily. There will be no magic number we can give you.
Upgrading your gear
Make sure to check our Stats and Enchants pages to check how to fill the rest of your slots and what consumables you need.
No special weapons will make you drop item levels. Equip whatever combination of Two-Handed or One-Handed plus Off-Hand that gives you more Intellect and Leech.
For direct trinket comparison, use QELive made by Voulk. We will list a few special trinkets here with comments on their power level.
Raid trinket recommendations
- S-tier — Alacritous Alchemist Stone, Broodkeeper's Promise, Whispering Incarnate Icon.
- A-tier — Conjured Chillglobe, Idol of the Dreamer.
- B-tier — Ruby Whelp Shell, Voidmender's Shadowgem, Flask of the Solemn Night, Time-Breaching Talon.
- C-tier — Emerald Coach's Whistle, Mote of Sanctification, Horn of Valor, Miniature Singing Stone.
- Never equip tier — Kyrakka's Searing Embers, Water's Beating Heart, Tome of Unstable Power.
Trinket Tier Rankings for Mythic+
Due to the nature of Mythic+ healing, players usually run at least one damage trinket and sometimes even two. Some run only one damage trinket or even zero. Your other options will generally be stat trinkets from the Raid trinket section.
The best trinkets for Mythic+ are Furious Ragefeather (only for the damage it does) and Broodkeeper's Promise (only for healing, but provides small damage benefit through Versatility).
Valor gear for Restoration Druids
You can upgrade items dropped from Mythic+ using the Valor system. There are not any powerful items you would want to upgrade, but some you should prioritize over others.
- Weapon — If you have a weapon below the highest item level, you should get one, then upgrade it. It only matters a little which you choose, but try to pick one with Haste.
- Trinkets — The only two trinkets you should ever upgrade are S- and A-tier ones.
- Any item that is far below Heroic raid item level — Prioritize slots with a higher budget if all other things are equal: any of the tier pieces, then other slots.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated with crafting recommendations and tier set analysis.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated with Vault of the Incarnates and Mythic+ loot.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Testing: March 24th
- Ebyssian and Emberthal Epilogue Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- How to Unlock Ancient Zul'Gurub Crafting in Patch 10.0.7