Restoration Druid Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Best in Slot for Restoration Druids
We do not believe Best in Slot list is possible to make due to way stat weights work for Restoration Druids. Each secondary stat is extremely close to each other with Intellect increasing the most per each item level. The optimal gearing strategy in this case would be to just equip highest item level pieces whenever possible, excluding trinket and Azerite armor pieces.
Having said all that, there will be a few situations where item level upgrades will not be actual upgrades. Sockets are usually worth a bit more than 10 item levels, Leech on the first 2-3 pieces is worth about 15-20 item levels, Avoidance is worth around 10-15.
Seal of the Zandalari Empire and Loa Exultant's Shroud set bonus works on all Battle of Dazar'alor bosses, in Atal'Dazar, and King's Rest dungeons. 150 Intellect bonus is equal to roughly 3 sockets, making it extremely hard to replace these 2 pieces.
You should be picking whichever combination will give you the most Intellect. You can pick a 5 item level lower weapon with Leech, but anything else will not be worth downgrading for.
Seabreeze is a unique weapon that provides Haste on proc, although a slightly lower average than an equal item level weapon would. It also has a very low proc rate and a rather long buff duration, which makes it very random. You should generally avoid picking the same item level Seabreeze over any other weapon.
Pillar of the Drowned Cabal is another unique weapon. It does not have any secondary stats, but has a powerful on-use effect. If you are able to utilise the healing from the proc, it can be worth 5-10 item levels, depending on how efficient you are with it.
We will list notable trinkets that you should aim to get.
- Incandescent Sliver (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Ward of Envelopment (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Crest of Pa'ku (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor).
- Void Stone (Uu'nat, Crucible of Storms).
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss).
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm).
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor).
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar).
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor).
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor).
- Sinister Gladiator's Medallion (PvP).
- Sinister Gladiator's Insignia (PvP).
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest).
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest).
- Sea Giant's Tidestone (World Quest).
- Tidal Alchemist Stone, Spirited Alchemist Stone, Eternal Alchemist Stone (Alchemy, crafted).
3.1. Trinket Tier Rankings for Raiding
Rankings by tiers assume equal item levels. Any disparities in item levels, sockets and Leech on trinkets within one tier will make them better than others. With enough of an item level gap, trinkets from lower tiers can surpass those from higher ones.
- Tier S: Fangs of Intertwined Essence, Tidal Alchemist Stone, Spirited Alchemist Stone, Eternal Alchemist Stone, Incandescent Sliver.
- Tier A: Crest of Pa'ku, Conch of Dark Whispers, Dinobone Charm, Sea Giant's Tidestone, Sinister Gladiator's Medallion, Sinister Gladiator's Insignia.
- Tier B: Lady Waycrest's Music Box, Ignition Mage's Fuse, Moonstone of Zin-Azshari, Void Stone.
- Tier C: Mirror of Entwined Fate, Ward of Envelopment.
- Tier D: Balefire Branch.
3.2. Trinket Tier Rankings for Mythic+
- Tier A: Ignition Mage's Fuse, Dinobone Charm.
- Tier B: Sea Giant's Tidestone, Crest of Pa'ku, Conch of Dark Whispers, Eternal Alchemist Stone, Spirited Alchemist Stone, Lady Waycrest's Music Box, Tidal Alchemist Stone.
- Tier C: Incandescent Sliver, Mirror of Entwined Fate, Balefire Branch, Sinister Gladiator's Medallion, Moonstone of Zin-Azshari.
- Tier D: Ward of Envelopment, Fangs of Intertwined Essence.
4. Azerite Gear for Restoration Druids
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
- 06 May 2019: Added weapon section.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Mar. 2019: Added Tortollan Seekers world quest trinkets.
- 22 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings, added Gift of the Loa set.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle for Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Update for Patch 8.1.
- 01 Oct. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings for latest hotfixes.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Removed Doom's Hatred from the trinket list.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Added Dinobone Charm and Leyshock's Grand Compilation trinkets.
- 16 Aug. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- WoW Classic Addons: TukUI
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- WoW Classic Stress Test 1 Ending Info
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1.5
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5