Restoration Druid Healing Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Restoration Druid. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Restoration Druid stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Restoration Druid
The stat priority for a Restoration Druid depends on whether you plan on healing the raid or healing in dungeons.
Stat values change depending on your gear, the content you are doing, and your spell choices. There are no universal weights. They will change every time you swap a piece of gear.
Having said all that, there will be very few situations where item-level upgrades will not be actual upgrades. Sockets are usually worth roughly 10-15 item levels, Leech on the first 2-3 pieces is worth about 5-10 item levels, and Avoidance is worth around 5.
Diminishing Returns of Secondary Stats
All secondary stats (Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, Versatility) have Diminishing Returns. After reaching specific values from the rating, you will receive penalties for further rating acquisitions. The penalties for different stats are different and only affect gains expressed in raw ratings. As such, effects like Heroism / Bloodlust, Power Infusion, Lycara's Teachings, and similar effects do not contribute towards Diminishing Returns. Especially keep in mind Lycara's Teachings since this talent will be featured in all specs, and your Haste will increase multiplicatively. Some other classes will start having diminishing returns at 30%, but Restoration Druid will need to pay attention to the rating. The breakpoints for different stats are as follows:
- Crit and Mastery: 10% after 5400, 20% after 7200.
- Haste: 10% after 5100, 20% after 6800.
- Versatility: 10% after 6150, 20% after 8200.
You should use WoWAnalyzer for more accurate stat weights. Your stat priority will look roughly like this:
- Critical Strike = Versatility.
If you want to know what consumables and enchants to use, refer to our Gems, Enchants, and Consumables page.
Gearing in dungeons is a lot more complicated than gearing for raids. Healer Stat Weights and WoWanalyzer will only roughly outline your weights. Some effects of stats on damage, crowd control, and the ability to fit certain healing spells between mechanics are impossible to assign value to. As such, there is only a rough priority available.
- Mastery = Haste;
- Critical Strike.
At higher levels, Druids gear for more damage and almost entirely ignore Mastery:
- Critical Strike;
For better understanding of gearing in Mythic+, you should use our dedicated Mythic+ page.
Getting a Better Understanding of Restoration Druid Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Haste reduces the cast time of your spells, directly increases the healing of your HoTs, and reduces global cooldown.
Mastery ( Mastery: Harmony) increases the healing you do to targets affected by your HoTs by an amount (determined by your Mastery level) for each active HoT.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 01 May 2023: Updated Leech values for Patch 10.1.0.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 8th
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 5)
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5