Shadow Priest PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Dragonflight / 10.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Shadow Priests in PvP
Since 10.0, Covenant spells and abilities that are not talents will be disabled outside of Shadowlands zones!
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Priests.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Shadow Priest.
- Necrolord is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you a strong 2-minute defensive, Fleshcraft, and a very powerful offensive cooldown, Unholy Nova.
- Venthyr is another good Covenant option. This gives you more mobility and a strong offensive cooldown, Mindgames. Your Soulbind options are also much better than all of the other Covenants.
Best Soulbinds for Shadow Priest in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
At the end of this path, you will have gained more survivability from Ooz's Frictionless Coating and Ultimate Form.
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
At the end of this path, you will have gained more mobility from Fancy Footwork. Not only that, you will also gain an important passive, Familiar Predicaments.
Best Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Festering Transfusion is another good Potency Conduit if you are Necrolord. This increases the duration and damage/healing of Unholy Transfusion.
- Shattered Perceptions is the best Potency Conduit. This makes your already strong Covenant ability, Mindgames, last longer and do more damage.
- Dissonant Echoes is another great Potency Conduit that will help increase your overall damage and burst. This increases the damage of Void Bolt and gives you multiples ways to reset its cooldown.
- Haunting Apparitions increases the damage of your Shadowy Apparitions. This is a strong Conduit to increase your overall damage output./li>
Best Endurance Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Light's Inspiration makes your Desperate Prayer give you a HoT after you use it. This is great for increasing your survivability.
- Translucent Image. The damage reduction from this Conduit will help versus teams that focus you and this gives you an additional defensive.
Best Finesse Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Clear Mind is the best Finesse conduit. This makes your Dispel Magic, Purify, and Mass Dispel cost less Mana. This is great for when you need to Dispel or Purge important buffs.
- Move with Grace reduces the cooldown of Leap of Faith. This is important to help your healer avoid crowd control or save a teammate when they are being focused.
Best Legendaries for Shadow Priests in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Shadow Priest.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is one of the best legendaries you can get. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. This is great, as you can get the stat bonus after using Silence.
- If you would prefer to have more utility, Measured Contemplation is great for helping keep you or your teammates alive. For every 15 seconds you do not use Shadow Mend it will increase its healing. This will help in situations where your healer is in crowd control and you need to help heal.
- Twins of the Sun Priestess is another legendary that can be used. This makes it so when you use Power Infusion on a teammate, it gets used on yourself as well. This should be used if your team is relying heavily on setups and you do not have much time to deal damage while the enemy healer is in crowd control.
In addition to these Legendaries, the Unity power allows players to also equip their Covenant Legendary. As a Shadow Priest you should be playing Necrolord, which means you will be gaining the Pallid Command power.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best Soulbinds.
- Updated Best Conduits.
- Updated Best Legendary.
- 21 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Covenant.
- Updated Best Potency Conduits.
- 16 Jul. 2021: Updated Soulbind tree.
- 28 Apr. 2021: Updated Soulbind Tree, Best Potency Conduits, and Legendary recommendations.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery