Shadow Priest PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Shadow Priests in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Priests.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Shadow Priest.
- Venthyr is the best Covenant option. This gives you more mobility and a strong offensive cooldown, Mindgames. Your Soulbind options are also much better than all of the other Covenants.
- Kyrian is another good Covenant you can choose. This gives you a strong 3-minute cooldown, Boon of the Ascended, and a very powerful defensive, Phial of Serenity.
Best Soulbinds for Shadow Priest in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
Best Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Shattered Perceptions is the best Potency Conduit. This makes your already strong Covenant ability, Mindgames, last longer and do more damage.
- Dissonant Echoes is another great Potency Conduit that will help increase your overall damage and burst. This increases the damage of Void Bolt and gives you multiples ways to reset its cooldown.
- Haunting Apparitions increases the damage of your Shadowy Apparitions. This is a strong Conduit to increase your overall damage output./li>
Best Endurance Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Light's Inspiration makes your Desperate Prayer give you a HoT after you use it. This is great for increasing your survivability.
- Translucent Image. The damage reduction from this Conduit will help versus teams that focus you and this gives you an additional defensive.
Best Finesse Conduits for Shadow Priests in PvP
- Mental Recovery is the best Finesse Conduit, as Shadow Priests lack a slow. This can help with slowing enemies, allowing you to kite away from them if you need to.
- Power Unto Others is also a good option. This will reduce the cooldown of your Power Infusion if you use it on an ally. This works well with the Twins of the Sun Priestess legendary.
Best Legendaries for Shadow Priests in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Shadow Priest.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is one of the best legendaries you can get. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. This is great, as you can get the stat bonus after using Silence.
- If you would prefer to have more utility, Measured Contemplation is great for helping keep you or your teammates alive. For every 15 seconds you do not use Shadow Mend it will increase its healing. This will help in situations where your healer is in crowd control and you need to help heal.
- Twins of the Sun Priestess is another legendary that can be used. This makes it so when you use Power Infusion on a teammate, it gets used on yourself as well. This should be used if your team is relying heavily on setups and you do not have much time to deal damage while the enemy healer is in crowd control.
- 16 Jul. 2021: Updated Soulbind tree.
- 28 Apr. 2021: Updated Soulbind Tree, Best Potency Conduits, and Legendary recommendations.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power