Soulrender Dormazain Strategy Guide for Sanctum of Domination
Ready Check Pull Video
Strategy Guide: Quick Version
- Dodge the big red cones on the ground ( Torment). When the boss gets to full energy, dodge several of them in a row ( Tormented Eruptions).
- Interrupt, group up, and kill the caster adds that occasionally spawn toward the back of the room before they reach Garrosh ( Agonizing Nova).
- Stagger breaking each set of 3 shackles when they spawn near Garrosh and use big raid cooldowns to survive them breaking ( Unleashed Tyranny). You have to interact with each one and move 40 yards away to break them ( Warmonger Shackles). On heroic, different players have to break each set ( Soul Manacles).
- Tanks taunt swap after every cast of Ruinblade.
- Stack the red circle debuff on the adds to make them take more damage ( Brand of Torment).
- And on heroic, dodge swirlies while dodging the red cones ( Rendered Soul).
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
There are three main things you need to do:
- Dodge the big red cones on the ground. Three of these cones occasionally spawn from the back of the room and leave a safe cone that you need to quickly move to or you will die ( Torment). At full energy, the boss will cast a long channel that spawns a few of these quickly in a row, so be ready to dodge a lot while this is going on ( Tormented Eruptions).
- Interrupt and kill the adds before they get to Garrosh. Occasionally, a few caster adds spawn spread out across the back of the room, and they will start moving toward Garrosh while chain casting a long, interruptible cast, Agonizing Nova. If the cast goes off, it does damage to the entire raid and slows everyone. And if the adds reach Garrosh, they become uninterruptible and get a huge damage buff ( Defiance). So try to group them up with Death Grip and knockbacks and AoE blast them. They can be crowd controlled in any way, so use whatever you have to to prevent them from casting or reaching Garrosh. It helps to stack the boss on the adds for cleave damage too.
- Break Garrosh’s shackles before he wipes you. Occasionally, three shackles spawn near Garrosh and he will start a long cast that wipes you if it finishes ( Hellscream). The only way to interrupt the cast is by breaking all three shackles, which is done by having someone click each shackle and move over 40 yards away from where it spawned ( Warmonger Shackles). This breaks the shackle and does a ton of damage to the entire raid, so you need to stagger breaking them a bit and use big raid cooldowns to survive ( Unleashed Tyranny). By the way, a Warlock’s Demonic Gateway makes it really easy to move far enough away if you position it correctly. On heroic, interacting with a shackle gives the player a debuff that makes them unable to interact with other shackles, so you need to have different sets of 3 people break them every time ( Soul Manacles). We recommend assigning at least 3 groups of 3 for this before pulling. The prevention debuff also does a bunch of DoT damage, so it may be worth assigning tankier classes to the earlier shackles, and you could even include tanks if you want.
Other than that, there are some smaller things to deal with:
- The tanks need to taunt swap on the boss after every cast of Ruinblade. It applies a debuff that massively increases physical damage taken.
- While the caster adds are alive, the boss applies a debuff to a couple random players that does DoT damage to nearby allies ( Brand of Torment). This debuff also works on the caster adds and increases their damage taken by a ton, so the players with this debuff should stack on the adds as much as possible. The debuffs switch players a few times, so be ready to stack on the adds if it switches to you.
- And on heroic, swirlies spawn under random players whenever the red cone mechanic is happening, so be ready to dodge those or else you take a ton of damage ( Rendered Soul).
Soulrender Dormazain's encounter features an optional achievement: Tormentor's Tango. Completing this achievement and every other optional achievement found within the Sanctum of Domination's encounters will reward you with the Glory of the Dominant Raider meta-achievement, along with the Bracer of Hrestimorak to teach you the unique Hand of Hrestimorak mount. To learn more about how to complete this encounter's achievement or any of the others in the raid, please visit our meta-achievement guide below.
We have encounter journal pages for each of the four difficulties, which you can access by clicking the links below.
- 30 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- How to Upgrade Legendaries to Rank 7 in Patch 9.2
- Gluttonous Gardbrace Makes You Eat Food Faster in Patch 9.2
- Everything New in Patch 9.2 Build 41827
- Everything You Need to Know About Wearing 2 Legendaries At Once in Patch 9.2
- Zereth Mortis Catch-Up Gear in Patch 9.2
- Encrypted Files Hint at Potential Deluxe Edition Rewards for WoW's Upcoming Expansion
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #11)
- Interesting Loot from the Jailer in Patch 9.2