Remnant of Ner'zhul Strategy Guide for Sanctum of Domination
Sanctum of Domination Guides
1 Sanctum of Domination Guides 2 The Tarragrue Guide 3 The Eye of the Jailer Guide 4 The Nine Guide 5 Remnant of Ner'zhul Guide 6 Soulrender Dormazain Guide 7 Painsmith Raznal Guide 8 Fatescribe Roh-Kalo Guide 9 Guardian of the First Ones Guide 10 Kel'Thuzad Guide 11 Sylvanas Windrunner Guide 12 Sylvanas Loot in Patch 9.1
Ready Check Pull Video
Strategy Guide: Quick Version
- Dispel players with the Malevolence debuff once they have moved toward the edge of the platform and they are facing the edge. This knocks everyone away from the player and knocks the debuffed player toward where their back is facing.
- Tanks hit the orbs with the frontal from the boss, and taunt swap after every frontal ( Suffering).
- Kill each orb once it has been hit by a frontal. And then have someone pick it up, quickly run it to the edge of the platform, and throw it off.
- And dodge swirlies and cones on the ground ( Spite/ Grasp of Malice).
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
There are three main things you need to do:
- When anyone gets the Malevolence debuff, which has a crazy animation above their head, they need to run toward the edge of the platform, face toward the edge, and get dispelled by a healer. Dispelling this debuff knocks everyone in the raid away from the player, and knocks the debuffed player toward where their back is facing. The knock is not huge, so everyone just has to stay toward the middle of the room and they will be fine. What makes this slightly difficult is that two players get it at the same time, so you have to decide who to dispel first without knocking the other person off of the platform, which will be more easily done with bossmods or weakauras. And on heroic, a pool will spawn on the ground where the debuff gets dispelled ( Lingering Malevolence).
- When an Orb of Torment add spawns, the current tank needs to be ready to aim the boss’s frontal at it to make it vulnerable to damage ( Eternal Torment). This frontal happens when the boss gets to 100 energy and it has a super long range ( Suffering). The tanks also have to taunt swap after every frontal, because it drastically increases their damage taken from the next frontal. And more than one orb can spawn at a time, so the tanks need to be ready to quickly position the boss to be able to hit both orbs with one frontal.
- When an orb has been hit by the frontal, the DPS need to quickly kill it, and then someone needs to pick it up, take it to the edge of the platform and throw it off with the extra action button. By the way, you are doing this because each orb spams a ton of raid damage until it is thrown off ( Torment). The person who picks up the orb should have a quick way of getting to the edge, because they get slowed and take DoT damage while holding the orb ( Sorrowful Procession). Demon Hunters are especially good for this because they can easily prevent getting knocked off the platform if a knockback debuff is being dispelled at the same time.
Other than that, there are a couple smaller things to deal with:
- At 80, 60, and 30% health, the boss will blast the entire raid and everyone will need to dodge a ton of swirlies on the ground ( Shatter). There are more swirlies each time, and small groups of them start to spawn randomly throughout the fight too. Getting hit by one of these swirlies makes you unable to attack or cast for a couple seconds ( Spite).
- And occasionally three cones will spawn on the ground from the middle of the room ( Grasp of Malice). Dodge these or else you take a ton of damage and get knocked back, potentially off the platform.
We have encounter journal pages for each of the four difficulties, which you can access by clicking the links below.
- 30 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Useful Soul Ash Macro
- Spit Emote No Longer Works If You Have Someone Targeted on Burning Crusade Classic PTR
- 40 Paladins Versus 40 Priests
- Lady Vashj Is the Personificantion of Timegating
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 29th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now on the PTR
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: Blue and Yellow, Together Again
- The Last Time Each Spec Has Been in a World First Kill