The Eye of the Jailer Strategy Guide for Sanctum of Domination
Ready Check Pull Video
Strategy Guide: Quick Version
In Phase One:
- Use the grappling hooks to avoid the giant laser ( Annihilating Glare), or use immunities/teleports.
- Tanks mitigate the Deathlink cast to reduce its raid damage, and taunt swap after every cast.
- Dodge swirlies, or else you will need to run over your soul fragments ( Fracture Soul).
- Use Bloodlust/ Heroism in the last phase one at 33% health in order to survive the enrage ( Immediate Extermination).
- And on heroic, stack in the circle on a player and then run away from the boss to pull the add down ( Dragging Chains).
In Phase Two:
- Keep the adds more than 55 yards apart ( Shared Suffering).
- Split your raid into two halves to kill the adds at the same time ( Dying Suffering).
- Stay away from the player with a circle around them ( Desolation Beam).
- And try to stay away from the front of the platform to keep it clear of pools ( Jailer's Misery).
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
This fight alternates between two phases:
- Phase One where you are fighting the Eye itself;
- Phase Two where you are fighting two super spread out adds.
Phase Two happens every 33% of the Eye's health, so you have to do it twice, and then the final Phase One has a bit of an enrage.
Before pulling, split your raid group into two equal halves, with a tank and healers in each half. This is for Phase Two later on. Assign one half to go to the left side of the platform when Phase Two starts, while the other goes to the right.
In Phase One, there are a couple of big mechanics to deal with.
- The first is the add, which is actually only on heroic. When someone gets targeted with a white circle, several players should stack inside of that circle. Everyone in the circle will then get chained to the add, which tries to pull them off the front of the platform ( Dragging Chains). The more people you have in the circle, the slower the pull is, but you should still run against the pull to avoid falling off the platform. After a few seconds, the add will get pulled down to the platform instead, a tank will need to pick it up, and then everyone should quickly cleave it down. The tanks need to taunt swap on this add because it applies a stacking bleed, so they just need to keep their stacks as low as possible.( Assailing Lance).
- The second mechanic is the giant one-shot laser beam that the boss sweeps across the entire platform ( Annihilating Glare). Certain classes can use teleports or immunities to easily get to the other side of the beam, but everyone else will have to go the long way around. There are two grappling hooks at the very front of the platform that can be used once you are close enough to them to go flying across the gap to the other side.
And there are a couple smaller things to look out for in Phase One.
- The tank needs to make sure to mitigate the Deathlink cast from the boss, because it copies the damage they take to other people in the raid. And they need to taunt swap after every cast.
- And everyone needs to dodge the random swirlies on the ground ( Fracture Soul). If you get hit by one, your soul gets fractured, which means you take a ton of dot damage, move super slow, and do way less damage until you have run over your three soul fragments.
In Phase Two, two adds spawn, one on each side of the platform. And there are two main things you need to do: keep the adds over 55 yards apart from each other and kill them at the same. If you do not do both, they wipe you pretty quick with Suffering. So each half of your raid should go to their assigned side, kill their add, and keep an eye on the other add's health to make sure they will die at the same time.
Other than that, there are some smaller things to watch out for in Phase Two.
- Keep dodging the random swirlies from Phase One.
- Move away from the player that gets a circle around them. They will take damage themselves and also chain more damage to anyone else in the circle ( Desolation Beam).
- Healers should dispel the Slothful Corruption debuff that goes on random players. Prioritize dispelling ranged dps and other healers, because the debuff slows casting and ranged attack speeds, as well as movement speed. So it affects melee a lot less.
- And everyone should try not to stand close to the front edge of the platform. Random players will be dropping these bad pools on the ground, which are not a big deal, but you just do not want them in your way in phase one.
And finally, in the last Phase One, the boss enrages. This increases its attack speed, but more importantly, it pulses damage and a healing reduction every few seconds ( Immediate Extermination). This is where you should use Bloodlust/ Heroism and nuke the boss before the healing requirement gets too crazy.
The Eye of the Jailer's encounter features an optional achievement: Eye Wish You Were Here. Completing this achievement and every other optional achievement found within the Sanctum of Domination's encounters will reward you with the Glory of the Dominant Raider meta-achievement, along with the Bracer of Hrestimorak to teach you the unique Hand of Hrestimorak mount. To learn more about how to complete this encounter's achievement or any of the others in the raid, please visit our meta-achievement guide below.
We have encounter journal pages for each of the four difficulties, which you can access by clicking the links below.
- 12 Jul. 2021: A couple of small updates following Heroic progress.
- 26 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2