Subtlety Rogue PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Subtlety Rogue (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Subtlety Rogue PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena you will be focusing on single target damage. Depending on what healer you are playing with, use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer to setup crowd control. For example, if you are playing with a Discipline Priest, you should use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer so your Priest can get close enough to use Psychic Scream. Your overall goal is to force a trinket out of the enemy healer early. This gives you the opportunity to use Blind with your next Shadow Dance. Once Blind is almost expired, use Sap.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Subtlety Rogue + Fire Mage
- Subtlety Rogue + Discipline Priest
- Subtlety Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Subtlety Rogue + Holy Paladin
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will likely be focusing on maximizing your single target damage. If you are playing against a healer that is not mobile (Discipline Priest, Holy Paladin or Restoration Shaman), you can open on them and try to force a trinket or a major defensive cooldown. If the enemy healer trinkets, you can use Blind with your next setup. Your overall goal is to focus an enemy without a trinket. When you and your teammate have damage, use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer. After this, use Kidney Shot on your kill target and continue with your burst rotation. The good thing that Subtlety Rogues can do that the other specs cannot is peel for their teammates. Shadow Dance can be used offensively, as well as defensively. When it is active, use Cheap Shot on as many enemy players that are within your range as possible. An important note is that Rogues are very easy to kill in 3v3 Arena. Make sure you are maintaining your Feint buff and play defensive when your team does not have much damage.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Subtlety Rogue + Arcane Mage/Fire Mage + Discipline Priest)
- RPS (Subtlety Rogue + Shadow Priest + Restoration Shaman)
- Dancing with the Stars (Subtlety Rogue + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin)
- RLS (Subtlety Rogue + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin/Restoration Shaman)
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)