Subtlety Rogue DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Subtlety Rogue in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Rogue gear and best in slot.
Best in Slot Items for Subtlety Rogue from Ny'alotha
With the existence of Titanforged and Mythic+ dungeons, there is no such thing as a hard Best in Slot anymore. This is more of a guideline for the best pieces to keep an eye out for in your raid or dungeon (if applicable). Be smart, and if you find higher item level pieces with valuable stat combinations do not hesitate to upgrade to them.
|Helm||Gibbering Maw||Ra-den the Despoiledin Ny'alotha|
|Shoulders||Pauldrons of the Great Convergence||N'Zoth the Corruptorin Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||See our Legendary Cloak guide|
|Chest||Darkheart Robe||Vexionain Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Wristwraps of Volatile Power||Shad'har the Insatiablein Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Chitinspine Gloves||The Hivemindin Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Cord of Anguished Cries||Dark Inquisitor Xaneshin Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Macabre Ritual Pants||The Prophet Skitrain Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Corpuscular Leather Greaves||Carapace of N'Zothin Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ichorspine Loop||Drest'agathin Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Void-Etched Band||Shad'har the Insatiablein Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #1||Writhing Segment of Drest'agath||Drest'agathin Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #2||Humming Black Dragonscale||Wrathion, the Black Emperorin Ny'alotha|
|Weapons||Destroyer's Shadowblade, or Shard of the Black Empire, if the Corruption is not a problem.||Wrathion, the Black Emperor or Carapace of N'Zothin Ny'alotha|
Adding Sockets to Gear
8.3 added the Gouged Eye of N'Zoth as a reward from Corrupted Mementos, after you have finished the We Have the Technology achievement. Once finished, you should get a Gouged Eye about once every two weeks, assuming you are doing all of your Horrific Visions with 5 masks active. Your best candidate would be a very powerful Corrupted item.
Corrupted Effects for Subtlety Rogue
Replacing Warforging and Titanforging, is a system that instead applies a more unique buff or effect, in exchange for various negative effects that proc occasionally. For more information, check out our Corrupted Items Guide.
The effects themselves are still being actively tuned, and the simulations being updated as caveats are discovered, so all the below recommendations will most likely change in the future. Check back to this page regularly to see up to date recommendations.
Corruption Effect Simulations
There are 2 types of simulations that can be done for the Corrupted effects. DPS per Corruption, and overall DPS gain. In theory, DPS per Corruption is more important early on, due to there being an upper limit on how much Corruption you can effectively wield without getting yourself killed by your own effects. Later, or as you become comfortable dealing with Corruption's negatives, you should pay more attention to the overall DPS sims. Below we have listed both types of simulations:
DPS per Corruption on Single Target
Overall DPS from Corruption on Single Target
Azerite Gear for Subtlety Rogues
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
This trinket list compares all current trinkets at various equal item levels, meant as a guideline to help prioritize upgrades, so care should be taken when assessing your own pieces should they vary in item level or bonuses. As always, simming your own gear is recommended.
Single-Target with Add Waves
- 13 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 17 Sep. 2019: Updated BiS Azerite.
- 12 Jul. 2019: Added Mechagon items.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Page updated for the release of the Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated BiS for Battle for Dazar'alor
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated page for Uldir launch.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Updated best Azerite gear and their traits.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Queues Are Back on Some WoW Classic Servers
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- All Bear Druid Heroic AotC N'Zoth and M+16
- World of Warcraft Fan Art of r/wow
- Hellfire Peninsula in Unreal Engine 4
- Updated Skyboxes for Capital Cities (Fan Art)
- Trial of Style (March 20th - March 24th)
- Protection: Weak Auras - Damage Mitigation Tracking.
- Legendary Weapons Transmog
- Legendary Cloak Overview
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Transmogrification - All Classes
- New Guild not getting guild dungeon awards
- Windwalker Monk 8.3