Subtlety Rogue DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Subtlety Rogue. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Subtlety Rogue
1.1. Single-Target Stat Priority
The general single-target stat priority for a Subtlety Rogue is:
- Critical Strike;
On single-target, all four stats are very close to each other. If you do not have access to The First Dance, Haste becomes your best stat.
1.2. Multi-Target Stat Priority
The general multi-target stat priority for a Subtlety Rogue is:
- Critical Strike;
On multi-target, Mastery gains value due to the increased amount of finishers that we are able to put out whilst Haste loses some due to the accelerated resource gain in multi-target situations. Mastery is quite a bit better than the other stats when you have a lot of targets and the other three are close to each other.
2. Important Notes About Stat Priorities
These stat priorities are obtained by using a SimulationCraft gear setup that has equal stats and no trinkets enabled. To get accurate stat weights for your own character, you should simulate yourself using Raidbots.
Keep in mind that the more you have of a stat, the less valuable it becomes.
In Battle for Azeroth, Haste is more valuable to us than it has been before. This is due to the increase of auto attack damage, in combination with the loss of a lot of Energy sources with the removal of Artifact weapons.
3. Subtlety Rogue: Getting a Better Understanding
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Mastery increases the damage of your finishers through Mastery: Executioner.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 14 Dec. 2018: Updated stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Aug. 2018: Updated single-target stat priority.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Added multi-target stat priority and removed stat weights.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated stat priority.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Pet Battle Changes in Patch 8.1
- Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A Roundup: December 14th
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Sim and pack alpha
- ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide
- Havoc Demon Hunter 8.0.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2