Subtlety Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Subtlety Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Subtlety Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Subtlety Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Subtlety Rogue in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strong secondary stat at all times, due to it increasing your damage and reducing the damage you take. Mastery is the next strongest secondary stat. Your Mastery is important as it increases the damage of your finishing moves. This will increase your sustained and burst damage.
The most important thing regarding gear is to have the highest Item Level possible while having Versatility on all of your items. Ideally, you want Mastery on every item too, but on some slots there are currently no items in the game with both Mastery and Versatility. On other slots the only item with both Mastery and Versatility comes from Mythic+, so you would have to be lucky with your Great Vault in order to get it. For that reason, you can simply get all your gear from the PvP vendor. You will buy all the Mastery/Versatility items he has to offer, and on slots where this is not available, you will pick Critical Strike/Versatility items. This is what your gear should look like.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Shoulderpads/ Malodorous Gristle-Sown Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl/ Cowled Batwing Cloak
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Jerkin
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Wristguards/ Precisely Calibrated Chronometer
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Belt/ Shadowhirl Waistwrap
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Boots
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Sinful Gladiator's Band/ Hyperlight Band/ Ritual Bone Band
- Weapon 1: Sinful Gladiator's Fang
- Weapon 2: Sinful Gladiator's Fang
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase the damage increase provided by Versatility, making you more deadly.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save him. Note, if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is often a better option as your Human racial, Will to Survive, allows you to break free of stuns already.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a fairly short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. This trinket is extremely powerful, and underrated by most. The health increase is gigantic and will very often save your live if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Subtlety Rogue:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Four of your gems should be Versatile Jewel Cluster, one of your gems should be Straddling Sage Agate and the last one should be Straddling Jewel Doublet. With these two speed gems and the cloak enchant, plus the passive Fleet Footed, you will move a lot faster, making it easier to kite or to reach a target. If you play a Night Elf you can reach 131% movement speed at all times.
- 28 Mar. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear and Trinkets sections.
- 17 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat Priority description.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs