Subtlety Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Subtlety Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Subtlety Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Subtlety Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Subtlety Rogue in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strong secondary stat at all times, due to it increasing your damage and reducing the damage you take. Mastery is the next strongest secondary stat. Your Mastery is important as it increases the damage of your finishing moves. This will increase your sustained and burst damage. Be aware that stats have diminishing returns that we will reach this patch. There is a 10% penalty to any point allocated to a stat between 30% and 39%, and a 20% penalty between 39% and 47%. Diminishing Returns amplify further up, but we will not reach those values. Mastery follows a different rule and does not DR at 30%, but around 95%, so you do not have to worry about it and can keep going for your best stat.
You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. Ideally you want Mastery and Versatility on every item. The PvP vendor does not offer Versatility/Mastery items on every slot, so you will pick Versatility/Critical Strike items when you cannot get Versatility/Mastery. However you have to consider the fact that you may have to use 4 items from the set bonus in order to gain its effects. Eventually you will have multiple pieces and will be able to choose which you equip and which you do not. Because the Subtlety set bonus is not good for PvP right now you can simply equip two items from the set, and drop the 4-part effect to get better stats, at least until it is made more impactful in PvP.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Helm/ Soulblade Guise
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Shoulderpads/ Soulblade Nightwings
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Jerkin/ Soulblade Leathers
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Wristguards
- Hands: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Gloves/ Soulblade Grasps
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Belt
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Legwraps/ Soulblade Leggings
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Boots
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Band
- Weapon 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Knife
- Weapon 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Knife
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility by 175 and your Stamina by 300, making you both more deadly and more resilient.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them. Note, if you play a Human, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is often a better option as your Human racial, Will to Survive, allows you to break free of stuns already.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a fairly short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The health increase is significant and will very often save your live if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Cosmic Gladiator's Eternal Aegis grants you a large shield, absorbing magic damage. This can be a decent defensive option instead of the Emblem when facing comps such as Rogue Mage, with heavy magic burst damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Subtlety Rogue:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Mastery
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Four of your gems should be Masterful Jewel Cluster, one of your gems should be Straddling Sage Agate, and the last one should be Straddling Jewel Doublet. With these two speed gems and the cloak enchant, plus the passive Fleet Footed, you will move a lot faster, making it easier to kite or to reach a target. If you play a Night Elf you can reach 131% movement speed at all times.
- 24 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 30 Jul. 2021: Updated the Shackle trinket due to a recent hotfix.
- 21 Jul. 2021: Added the new PvP trinket.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 28 Mar. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear and Trinkets sections.
- 17 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat Priority description.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Malaysian Hospital Showing Mists of Pandaria Trailer on Repeat
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 13th
- Warcraft II Inside World of Warcraft (Arcade Tab Fan Concept)
- Shadowlands Season 4 Keystone Master Mount Color Changed on the 9.2.5 PTR
- Social Contract Now Available on the 9.2.5 PTR
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf Weapons No Longer Race Locked on the 9.2.5 PTR