Subtlety Rogue PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Subtlety Rogue in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Subtlety Rogue PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Subtlety Rogues in PvP
The stat priority for Subtlety Rogue in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat because it increases your damage and reduces the damage you take. Mastery is the next strongest secondary stat. Your Mastery is important as it increases the damage of your finishing moves. This will increase your sustained and burst damage.
You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. This is what your gear should look like:
- Head: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Lucid Shadewalker's Bladed Spaulders
- Cloak: Undulating Sporecloak
- Chest: Lucid Shadewalker's Cuirass
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Wristguards
- Hands: Lucid Shadewalker's Clawgrips
- Waist: Verdant Gladiator's Leather Belt
- Legs: Lucid Shadewalker's Chausses
- Feet: Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Band
- Ring 2: Verdant Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon 1: Verdant Gladiator's Dagger
- Weapon 2: Verdant Gladiator's Dagger
This set of gear only includes two crafted items since these will be limited at the start of the season. Ideally, you want Mastery/Versatility crafted items on most slots, so you should strive towards that goal as more crafted items are available. This set of gear also includes four set bonus items. If you do not have them, simply replace them with Mastery/Versatility PvP items, or Critical Strike/Versatility if the former does not exist. This set of gear will be updated as the season goes on to reflect the availability of more crafted items.
Note: it is essential to wear two PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility and Stamina by a significant amount.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Agility and has a fairly short cooldown, allowing you to use it in your burst often. It is great when used alongside Shadow Dance and will be your default second trinket.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The health increase is significant and will very often save your life if you use it when the enemy team is using cooldowns on you and your healer is in crowd control.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good sustained damage trinket. It will randomly give you a main stat buff. It is a good pick if you are mostly focused on sustained damage, which you will never do as Subtlety Rogue. As such, this is not a trinket you ever want to equip.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Subtlety Rogue:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Accelerated Agility/ Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrists: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Waist: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Fierce Armor Kit
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Mastery
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
One your gems should be Skillful Illimited Diamond and all your remaining gems should be Zen Neltharite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 30 Apr. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2022: Updated Enchants.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 24 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 30 Jul. 2021: Updated the Shackle trinket due to a recent hotfix.
- 21 Jul. 2021: Added the new PvP trinket.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 28 Mar. 2021: Rewritten by Shadenox and updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear and Trinkets sections.
- 17 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat Priority description.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players