Discipline Priest PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Discipline Priests in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Priests.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Discipline Priest.
- Venthyr is the best Covenant option. This gives you more mobility and a strong offensive cooldown, Mindgames. Your Soulbind options are also much better than all of the other Covenants.
- Kyrian is another good Covenant you can choose. This gives you a strong 3-minute cooldown, Boon of the Ascended, and a very powerful defensive, Phial of Serenity.
Best Soulbinds for Discipline Priest in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
Best Conduits for Discipline Priests in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Discipline Priests in PvP
- Shining Radiance is the best Potency Conduit. This increases the healing of Power Word: Radiance, allowing you to recover much easier when your team is taking damage.
- Shattered Perceptions is the next best Potency Conduit. This makes your already strong Covenant ability, Mindgames, last longer and do more damage.
- Exaltation is another good Conduit choice. This makes your Rapture last longer and increases the healing of your Power Word: Shield.
Best Endurance Conduits for Discipline Priests in PvP
- Translucent Image. The damage reduction from this Conduit will help versus teams that focus you and this gives you an additional defensive.
- Charitable Soul is another solid choice. This makes it so Power Word: Shield heals you when you use it on an ally.
Best Finesse Conduits for Discipline Priests in PvP
- Mental Recovery is the best Finesse Conduit, as Discipline Priests lack a slow. This can help with slowing enemies, allowing you to kite away from them if you need to.
- Power Unto Others is also a good option. This will reduce the cooldown of your Power Infusion if you use it on an ally. This works well with the Twins of the Sun Priestess Legendary.
Best Legendaries for Discipline Priests in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Discipline Priest.
- Sephuz's Proclamation is the best legendary that will find play. This reduces the duration of incoming crowd control and increases your secondary stats. The effect does only occur once every 30 seconds, however.
- Crystalline Reflection is another good Legendary you can get. This makes it so that Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target and reflects some of the damage that was absorbed. This is great for increasing your overall healing and damage output.
- Twins of the Sun Priestess is another Legendary that can be used. This makes it so when you use Power Infusion on a teammate, it gets used on yourself as well. This should be used if your team is relying heavily on setups and you do not have much time to deal damage while the enemy healer is in crowd control.
- Vault of Heavens is a defensive Legendary that should be used when playing against a team that will focus you. This makes it so Leap of Faith grips you to the target, rather than gripping them to you.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best Soulbind Path.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Best Legendaries.
- Updated Best Potency Conduits.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Lead Cinematic Designer Revisits the Original Black Temple Trailer
- World of Warcraft on Game Pass: How Would It Work?
- Potential Impact of the Microsoft Acquisition on the Future of WoW
- Blizzard on Tier Set Design in Patch 9.2
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Reportedly Leaving the Company After Microsoft Acquisition is Complete
- Microsoft + Activision Blizzard Acquistion Memes and Funny Images
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff