Sanguine Depths Quick Dungeon Guide: Video, Boss Strategies, and Trash
Welcome to our quick guide to the Sanguine Depths dungeon in the Shadowlands World of Warcraft expansion. This guide aims at giving you proper direction to complete the dungeon (boss strategies and trash mobs) without being unnecessarily long. We also have encounter journal pages, for those who want a complete breakdown of the abilities.
Ready Check Pull Video
To see how difficult Sanguine Depths is to complete on Mythic+ this week, we recommend checking out our Mythic+ dungeon difficulty rankings, linked below.
Please consult our Sanguine Depths encounter journal pages for more information regarding what the bosses do exactly in each difficulty.
Kryxis the Voracious
- Do not face the boss toward the edge, because it frequently casts a knockback on the tank ( Vicious Headbutt).
- Interrupt its Hungering Drain channel as quickly as possible.
- When the boss starts casting Juggernaut Rush on a player, all other players should move in between the targeted player and the boss in order to split the damage.
- When the boss casts Severing Smash at full energy, everyone should try to be on the same side of the boss. The smash will knock everyone back and spawn an orb from each player. These orbs will move toward the boss, and everyone should help soak the orbs before they get to the boss.
- On Mythic, the damage from soaking the orbs hits all players, so stagger soaking them in order for your healer to keep everyone alive.
- Try to stay spread out, and move away from your allies if you get a red circle around you ( Castigate).
- Focus kill the add that regularly spawns, and move out of the big red pool it leaves on the ground when it dies.
- On Mythic, two orbs orbit around the prison in opposite directions ( Sintouched Anima). Dodge these by moving to the inner or outer wall based on which one will get to you first.
Grand Proctor Beryllia
- When the boss starts casting Rite of Supremacy, look for a yellow circle to spawn on the ground and move to it by the end of the cast.
- Dodge yellow swirlies ( Endless Torment).
- On Mythic, during Rite of Supremacy, little yellow orbs spawn on the ground instead of a yellow circle. Everyone needs to run over 3 or 4 of these orbs in order to survive the cast, because it gives each player damage reduction ( Fragment of Radiance).
- Before starting the fight, make sure someone has picked up the Naaru and has the extra action ability ( Shining Radiance).
- Stay spread out, because the boss will frequently mark players and charge to them after a short delay, applying a stacking bleed to anyone in 5 yards ( Wicked Gash).
- Dodge the swirly red blasts that frequently cover a section of the platform ( Piercing Blur).
- When the boss teleports away and starts casting Gloom Squall, the player with the extra action ability should use it, and everyone should move into the yellow circle it creates.
- Regal Mistdancer
- Grand Overseer
- Chamber Sentinel
- Head Custodian Javlin
- This mob aggroes all of the neutral mobs in the area, so let the tank get aggro on them.
- Dodge the randomly facing frontal ( Sweeping Slash).
- Hallway Gauntlet
- Before entering the hallway, make sure someone picked up the Naaru after the third boss and has the extra action ability ( Shining Radiance).
- You will fight an easier version of General Kaal three times during this hallway gauntlet, alongside other trash mobs. She retreats further down the hallway each time her health is reduced by 10%.
- When General Kaal starts casting Gloom Squall, the player with the extra action ability should use it, and everyone should move into the yellow circle it creates.
- 26 Nov. 2020: Added Mythic mechanics and updated the guide for the release of Shadowlands.
- 14 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4