Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid Guide for Dragonflight (10.1)
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible is the second raid of the Dragonflight expansion located in Zaralak Cavern. The guide you are about to read provides comprehensive information about Aberrus, including its location, unlock schedule, boss guides, loot, and tier sets.
- 9. Loot Trading
- 10. What is the Item Level of Loot from Aberrus?
- 11. Unique Drops in Aberrus
- 12. Bind-on-Equip (BoE) Items in Aberrus
- 13. Bind-on-Equip Rules in First Weeks of Dragonflight Season 2
- 14. Aberrus Class Sets in Patch 10.1
- 15. Raid Rewards and Achievements
- 16. The Great Vault in Dragonflight
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible is the second raid tier of the Dragonflight expansion. The nine-boss raid opened on May 9, 2023 on all difficulties.
Millennia ago, Neltharion established Aberrus, a secret laboratory where he conducted world-altering experiments. Recently rediscovered, Aberrus is now under attack from all sides as forces seeking to claim the Earth-Warder's legacy search for any remaining power. The champions of Azeroth must venture into the shadows and ensure Neltharion's dark power doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Aberrus Raid Unlock Schedule
The raid opens the week of May 9, 2023, on all difficulties, including Raid Finder Wing 1. An additional Raid Finder Wing will become available every two weeks. The full unlock schedule is as follows:
- Week of May 9: Normal, Heroic, Mythic, and Raid Finder Wing, 1 of Aberrus, will open with the weekly maintenance in each region.
- Week of May 22: Aberrus Raid Finder Wing 2 opens.
- Week of June 5: Aberrus Raid Finder Wing 3 opens.
- Week of June 19: Aberrus Raid Finder Wing 4 opens.
Cross-Faction Mythic Aberrus and Hall of Fame Eligibility
Cross-faction Mythic Aberrus is available from the beginning. Hall of Fame entries will require a minimum of 16 out of 20 raiders from the same guild to be eligible for rewards.
Aberrus Raid Entrance Location
The Aberrus raid entrance is located in the Northern part of Zaralak Cavern at 48, 14.
The nearest Flight Master is Keskos found in Obsidian Rest at 51, 26.
Aberrus Raid Boss Guides
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible contains nine bosses. Upon defeating the first boss, Kazzara, you may choose to tackle two separate wings containing three bosses each before confronting Echo of Neltharion and Scalecommander Sarkareth.
- The Amalgamation Chamber;
- The Forgotten Experiments;
- Assault of the Zaqali;
- Echo of Neltharion;
- Scalecommander Sarkareth.
How to Unlock the Raid Skip in Aberrus?
You must first accept Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible: Echoes of the Earth-Warder quest inside the raid. Then, you must collect 3 Tome of the Earth-Warder from Echo of Neltharion, the raid's penultimate boss. There are three versions of the same item, one for each difficulty.
When you complete the quest, you can skip from Kazzara straight to Echo of Neltharion by clicking the little vent behind Neltharion after the Kazzara fight.
We will update this section when we know more about the Aberrus raid skip.
Group Loot in Aberrus
Group Loot is the only method of loot distribution in the raid. There is no option to return to Personal Loot. Certain items like professional reagents may still use Personal Loot where appropriate.
All item-level restrictions placed on trading between members of your raid group are entirely removed. while inside the raid, allowing you to trade items with small item level increases that are not upgraded (rings, necklaces).
What is the Item Level of Loot from Aberrus?
Aberrus loot has fixed item-level ranges depending on the difficulty. Here are the exact item levels of rewards from Aberrus (Unique Drops are omitted):
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 402-411;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 415-424;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 428-437;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 441-450.
Unique Drops in Aberrus
Certain raid bosses will have one item that intentionally drops at a higher item level (+6 or +7 from a boss's normal table). Such items include unique appearances, items with special bonus effects, or trinkets. The list of Unique Drops is fixed for each boss and does not change.
Unique Drops in Patch 10.1 also include Profession.
You can read more about Unique Drops in Aberrus in our guide below.
Bind-on-Equip (BoE) Items in Aberrus
Bind-on-Equip items drop from 'Lieutenant' enemies once per week per difficulty. Trash mobs will no longer drop BoE items in Dragonflight.
Bind-on-Equip Rules in First Weeks of Dragonflight Season 2
For the first few weeks of Dragonflight Season 2, Bind-on-Equip items will drop as Bind-on-Pickup items in Mythic Aberrus. Other difficulties are not affected by the restriction, and BoE items will drop from Day 1.
Aberrus Class Sets in Patch 10.1
Class Set armor pieces drop as tokens from the third boss onward in the raid. They provide you with powerful bonuses when you equip 2 and 4 pieces of the set.
One token is used to create a Soulbound Aberrus Class item appropriate for your class.
- Dreadful tokens are shared between Death Knights, Warlock, and Demon Hunters.
- Mystic tokens are shared between Hunters, Druids, and Mages.
- Venerated tokens are shared between Paladins, Priest, and Shamans.
- Zenith tokens are shared between Warriors, Rogues, Monks, and Evokers.
We have a separate guide covering all Aberrus Class Set acquisition methods linked below.
Raid Rewards and Achievements
The following section is dedicated to the rewards you can get in Aberrus. These include character titles, a Dragonriding customization option, and the amount.
Dragonriding Customizations from Aberrus
Highland Drake: Embodiment of the Hellforged is a Drakewatcher Manuscript with a small chance to drop from Scalecommander on all difficulties. It unlocks a Full Transformation customization option for the Highland Drake Dragonriding mount.
Glory of the Aberrus Raider Meta-Achievement
Glory of the Aberrus Raider, the Aberrus raid meta-achievement rewards the Shadowflame Shalewing mount in Patch 10.1 and you must complete the following achievements to get it — Cosplate, Ill Make My Own Shadowflame, Tabula Rasa, Are You Even Trying?, Whac-A-Swog, Eggcellent Eggsecution, Escar-Go-Go-Go, Objects in Transit May Shatter, and Well Never See That Again, Surely.
Aberrus Mythic Hall of Fame Achievement
Players who earn the Hall of Fame: Scalecommander Sarkareth achievement will receive the Famed Slayer of Sarkareth title. The achievement has been updated with cross-faction guilds in mind and now requires you to be among the first 200 guilds worldwide to defeat the final boss of the tier on Mythic.
Heir to the Void Title
When you defeat Scalecommander Sarkareth on Mythic Difficulty and earn Mythic: Scalecommander Sarkareth, you will receive the Heir to the Void title.
Additional Customization Options for Aberrus Class Sets
Mythic: Scalecommander Sarkareth is also required for Dragonflight Season 2 Hero, which gives you Obsidian Aspectral Earthstone. The item unlocks additional visual effects for certain Aberrus class set appearances, and the unlock is account-wide.
Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Aberrus Achievements
Ahead of the Curve: Scalecommander Sarkareth is the Heroic achievement for this raid tier and requires the defeat of Sarkareth on Heroic before the release of the next raid tier in Patch 10.2.
Cutting Edge: Raszageth the Storm-Eater is the Mythic achievement, requiring players to kill Mythic Sarkareth before the release of the next raid.
The Great Vault in Dragonflight
The Dragonflight Great Vault requires you to defeat several raid bosses to unlock item choices in the Raids category. Our Great Vault guide has you covered with all the important information.
- 24 May 2023: Raid skip added.
- 12 May 2023: Reverted Sarkareth transformation.
- 09 May 2023: Added Aberrus sets.
- 03 May 2023: Removed Item Level Tiering Section.
- 27 Apr. 2023: Guide added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite