Arms Warrior DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of Arms Warrior
Arms is a combination damage dealer that focuses on buffing their Mortal Strike, and debuffing the enemy with Colossus Smash and Deep Wounds. While the base rotation is not very complicated, talents can add numerous extra attacks and replace others with different versions, allowing players to customize their rotation to their situation or taste. The build showcased here is a simple yet effective play style, good for all types of game content, which is meant to help new players learn the fundamentals of Arms.
3. Talent Choices for Arms Warriors
The talents listed below are selected predominantly for ease of use and to mitigate more complex decisions when it comes to resource management. While there are better performing combinations, they also have more room for error. The ones chosen are meant to simplify decision making and resource management while introducing players to Arms' single target, burst, and AoE potential. Despite being the "easy mode", it is still quite effective for questing, dungeons, and raid content.
- Level 15: Sudden Death
- Level 30: Double Time
- Level 45: Massacre
- Level 60: Bounding Stride
- Level 75: Warbreaker
- Level 90: In For The Kill
- Level 100: Anger Management.
4. Stat Choices for Arms Warriors
The current Arms stat priority is as follows when using this build:
- Critical Strike;
Haste compresses the rotation, increasing auto-attack speed and reducing the time between ability casts. Critical Strikes double all damage done, and increases Rage generation from auto-attacks, which helps reduce downtime within the rotation. Mastery increases Deep Wounds damage. Versatility is a static damage increase and reduces damage taken by half the amount.
5. Basic Rotation for Arms Warriors
The typical single target rotation using our suggested talents is outlined below. Whenever there is more than one target, use Sweeping Strikes to allow your other abilities to also hit a second target.
- Cast Warbreaker on cooldown or whenever it will hit multiple targets.
- Cast Bladestorm while the Colossus Smash debuff is up.
- Cast Sweeping Strikes whenever there is more than one target.
- Cast Execute if your target is below 35% health.
- Cast Mortal Strike on cooldown to maintain Deep Wounds.
- Cast Overpower to buff Mortal Strike.
- Cast Slam as a filler while the enemy is above 35% health.
While all builds focus on the same principle of resetting the cooldown of Overpower with Tactician procs, using it to buff Mortal Strike, and using that to inflict Deep Wounds, other talents add extra abilities, maintenance buffs, and replace other abilities within the rotation. These talents and their rotations are covered in more detail in the advanced sections of the guide.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 17 Aug. 2018: Updated stat recommendation and Mastery description to account for hotfix.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1