Arms Warrior Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands 9.1. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Worry About Rage?
Yes. Until you reach the execute phase, ensuring you do not starve so much that you are unable to cast Mortal Strike on cooldown will help maintain consistent damage and the Mastery: Deep Wounds debuff. In practice, this is a minor concern and does not take much in the way of micro-management.
Should I Only Use Mortal Strike During Execute?
Mortal Strike is weaker and less efficient damage per rage than Execute, however it is necessary to maintain Deep Wounds. That said, the debuff lasts 12 seconds and is also applied by Colossus Smash and Bladestorm, so Mortal Strike does not need to be used on cooldown.
What Piece of Gear is Better?
Due to the number of variables involved, the typical answer is to simulate it for better accuracy. Between gear, set bonuses, trinkets, and sometimes even talents, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all, though item level is typically a strong indicator due to primary stat being worth much more than in previous expansions.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
How Much of Each Stat Should I Have?
More is better; there are no major breakpoints or limits to worry about, and in most cases, the amount of any one stat is less important than the raw amount of total stats. This is another situation in which simming your available gear will be more accurate than any generic answer.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips