Arms Warrior Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
1. Should I Worry About Rage?
Yes. Until you reach the execute phase, ensuring you do not starve so much that you are unable to cast Mortal Strike on cooldown will help maintain consistent damage and the Mastery: Deep Wounds debuff. In practice, this is a minor concern and does not take much in the way of micro-management. When using Test of Might however, your filler abilities can be delayed until you are over 60 Rage, in order to pool Rage for more ability use during Colossus Smash.
2. Should I Only Use Mortal Strike During Execute?
Mortal Strike only outweighs the higher base damage per rage of Execute when you have two stacks of Overpower with Dreadnaught talented. This is largely due to the Rage refund of Execute allowing more global cooldowns and, therefore, more Tactician procs throughout the Execute phase.
3. What Piece of Gear is Better?
Due to the number of variables involved, the typical answer is to simulate it for better accuracy. Between gear, set bonuses, trinkets, Azerite traits, and sometimes even talents, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all, especially with the advent of Azerite Armor creating many more permutations between otherwise similar Arms Warriors.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
4. How Much of Each Stat Should I Have?
More is better, there are no major breakpoints or limits to worry about, and in most cases, the amount of any one stat is less important than the raw amount of total stats. This is another situation in which simming your available gear will be more accurate than any generic answer.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Patch 8.1 updates, clarified the use of Mortal Strike during Execute.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?