Arms Warrior Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Should I Worry About Rage?
Yes and no. Ensuring you do not starve so much that you are unable to cast Mortal Strike on cooldown will help maintain consistent damage and the Mastery: Deep Wounds debuff. In practice, this is a minor concern and does not take much in the way of micro-management, but should be kept in mind.
Should I Only Use Mortal Strike During Execute?
Mortal Strike is weaker and less efficient damage per rage than Execute, however it is necessary to maintain Deep Wounds and triggers Enduring Blow. If using it, Executioner's Precision, or Battlelord, then Mortal Strike should be used whenever those buffs are at their maximum stack counts.
What Piece of Gear is Better?
Due to the number of variables involved, the typical answer is to simulate it for better accuracy. Between gear, set bonuses, trinkets, and sometimes even talents, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all, though item level is typically a strong indicator due to primary stat being worth much more than in previous expansions.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
How Much of Each Stat Should I Have?
More is better up to a point. Each stat begins to suffer a small amount of diminishing returns upon reaching ~30% (made up of rating, not considering % increases like Enrage), which is meant to help players diversify their stats and make more pieces of gear potentially useful, rather than only ever wanting to stack one stat. How much this matters can vary wildly depending on the situation though, so it is difficult to give a concrete answer that covers all of them. Simulations do account for this though, so that is typically the best guideline.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5