Arms Warrior DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Arms Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Arms Warrior in Mythic+
Arms is a multi-target powerhouse in Battle for Azeroth, with a multitude of tools to handle various situations, including two target with Sweeping Strikes, three or more targets with Cleave, and burst AoE using Warbreaker alongside Bladestorm. Where the specialization falters is in its defensive toolkit and lack of group utility options. While Defensive Stance is one of the better defensive abilities, the reduced damage makes it more difficult to use effectively than other specializations defensive tools.
Because the majority of Mythic+ revolves around dealing with multiple targets, Arms follows the basic multi-target priority laid out in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page. The key difference is in predicting the layout of the dungeon, and knowing when to save cooldowns versus when to use them. Smartly saving your cooldowns when a target is about to die, and instead using it on a fresh pack which will survive the duration of your burst damage is far more efficient and will help your group finish on time.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Arms Warrior Utility
Mythic+ Talents for Arms Warrior
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. There are two recommended builds, both using Memory of Lucid Dreams: one revolving around Test of Might and Cleave for sustained damage, while the other focuses on buffing Bladestorm burst with Gathering Storm and Warbreaker.
|15||✗ War Machine||✗ Sudden Death||✓ Skullsplitter|
|30||✓ Double Time||✗ Impending Victory||✓ Storm Bolt|
|45||✗ Massacre||✓ Fervor of Battle||✗ Rend|
|60||✗ Second Wind||? Bounding Stride||✓ Defensive Stance|
|75||✗ Collateral Damage||? Warbreaker||✓ Cleave|
|90||✓ In For The Kill||? Avatar||✗ Deadly Calm|
|100||✓ Anger Management||✗ Dreadnaught||✗ Ravager|
Arms Warriors have a lot of talent choice when it comes to Mythic+, with the flexibility to bring extra defensives, utility, and tailor their damage to the expected situation.
- Level 15: War Machine has high potential Rage generation if you pull quick enough, but Skullsplitter gives Rage when you actually need it, helping fill gaps in your rotation.
- Level 30: Double Time is a staple for both mobility and rage generation leading to more damage, although Storm Bolt can be taken when stuns are needed to lock down difficult targets.
- Level 45: Fervor of Battle is not a burst option, but synergizes well with the rest of the toolkit and provides extra multitarget damage. Massacre has some potential, but typically falls short outside of very specific circumstances.
- Level 60: Defensive Stance is an amazing on-demand defensive, especially when pushing into higher keystone levels. In places where it is not necessary to survive, Bounding Stride is extremely useful for getting out of tight situations.
- Level 75: Warbreaker syncs perfectly with Bladestorm for high burst potential, but Cleave has the highest raw output when consistently facing 3+ targets and synergizes extremely well with Test of Might.
- Level 90: Avatar likewise lends itself toward burst, but In For The Kill syncs much better with Memory of Lucid Dreams and Test of Might.
- Level 100: Anger Management reduces your AoE cooldowns, making Arms that much more effective at clearing trash within dungeons. The other options underperform by wide margins.
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is activated at level two, while the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and the seasonal affix occurs at level ten.
Awakened replaces Beguiling as the seasonal affix for Season 4 of Battle for Azeroth. In it, obelisks exist within dungeons which will pull players into a Corrupted alternate reality inhabited by lieutenants of N'Zoth who must be defeated before the final boss, lest they ambush you in turn. Upon defeating a lieutenant, a portal is created which allows players to move back and forth between realities, avoiding enemies and creating skips that previously required special class abilities.
Unfortunately, Arms Warriors do not have much interaction with the mechanic, though they should be aware of potential skips and how that may impact the dungeon progress route in order to effectively time cooldowns.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
- Test of Might synergizes extremely well with Cleave for 3+ target trash pulls, especially on higher keystones in which mobs will survive the full buff window. It also has a lot of single-target potential, though it does make using Bladestorm a bit more difficult to time effectively.>/li>
- Gathering Storm is exceptionally powerful, due to the emphasis on multi-target damage in Mythic+ dungeons. Lord of War pairs very well with it, dealing less, but more frequent burst.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Better Beguiling information and strategies for dealing with Emissaries.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Added Reaping. Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Mythic+ release.
- 14 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 188.8.131.52411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide