Artifacts and Class Order Halls (Legion 7.0.3)
Table of Contents
- 1. How Do I Reset My Artifact Tree?
- +2. How Do I Obtain Artifacts For Off-Specs?
- +3. How Do I Change The Appearance Of My Artifact?
- 4. ChangeLog
In Legion, every specialisation has its own special weapon known as the artifact. This weapon allows you to progress through the game while upgrading the power of one weapon, rather than obtaining new weapons each week. The artifact weapons can be upgraded via artifact power, as well as the traits within the weapon; the traits act similarly to how a talent tree would, while artifact power acts as the talent points.
Your class order hall serves as a hub for a few interactions with your artifact weapon, such as:
- re-rolling traits in your artifact tree;
- obtaining artifacts for your off-specs;
- changing the appearance of your artifact.
1. How Do I Reset My Artifact Tree?
As we progress through our time on the Broken Isles, we will be putting more points into our artifact trees. This will unlock more traits, which will in turn give us combat benefits. Sometimes, we might make the wrong choice and need to reset the traits that we have already put into the weapon.
In your Class Order Hall, you can do this at the weapon forge of your class. This is shown to you as soon as you unlock the class order hall, so it is not tough to find. When there, speak to the NPC standing directly in front of the forge to reroll your traits.
It is worth noting that, as you spend more points, it becomes much more expensive to reset the traits. If you have 11 points in your current artifact weapon and you want to reset it, you will need to pay the price in the artifact power equivalent of adding a 12th point. If you want a full guide to how much each reset will cost, you can find it below.
|Points in Artifact||Cost to Reset|
While it is possible to continue resetting your traits beyond this point, we EXTREMELY recommend against it. The difference in performance vs. the cost of changing the traits once you have passed this point simply is not worth it. You will end up getting every trait anyway on your artifact, it simply takes time.
You will see a minuscule improvement in your damage by redoing your trait plan when compared to the huge cost of rerolling the traits.
2. How Do I Obtain Artifacts For Off-Specs?
As you begin to level through the Broken Isles, you may wish to change your specialisation and obtain the other artifacts for your class. If this is the case, you will need to reach level 102 before you get the chance.
Once you have hit 102, go back to your class hall and you will be able to pick up another quest for the artifact, just as you did for your first one. You can complete the third (and fourth for Druids) quest as soon as you are done with the second.
2.1. Adding Traits for Off-Specs
When you have finally got your off-spec artifacts, you might want to start adding traits into that weapon as well. The cost of the points will be exactly the same as in your first weapon, regardless of how much you have put into that previous artifact.
The two artifacts are completely separate, except for the fact that you will be using the same pool of artifact power for both. You will need to make a decision every time as to whether you want to add a single trait to your main artifact or multiple cheaper ones to your off-spec artifact. This is completely dependent on your personal needs and whether or not you actually need your off-spec artifact.
3. How Do I Change The Appearance Of My Artifact?
In the past, we have always had the option of looking forward to a new weapon with a new look when an expansion releases. The artifacts are no different and they each have sets of unique appearances that alter the way they look.
In order to change the appearance of your artifact, go to the forge of your class hall and open the appearance tab. You can see the possible looks that are waiting to be unlocked, as well as how to do so.
There are 5 main styles of acquisition for the skins, each of which has 4 colors:
- the base skin, which is obtained through completing small quests in the order hall; these are often very simple and only change the color of the base artifact;
- the upgraded skin, which is obtained through simple tasks revolving around the class hall and your artifact;
- the prestige skin, which is obtained through PvP;
- the glorious skin, which is obtained through PvE;
- the hidden skin, which is obtained through different means for every class.
3.1. Locations of Hidden Artifact Appearances
This section will be updated as more information becomes available after Legion launch.
4. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 29 Aug. 2016: Guide added.
- [Malfurion][H]Infernum (3/9M) TOS Friday + Saturday 8PM-12AM EST
- Holy Priest 7.2.5
- Affliction Warlock 7.2.5
- [Argent Dawn] [A] The Shadowstalkers (2/9 M)
- [Draenor] [H] Critical Experiment (5/9H) Late night guild - LFM
- [Quel'Thalas] [A] Trotters Traders Ltd (4/9H) Recruiting for ToS
- [Draenor][H]Order of the Silverflame (8/9H) Recruiting Healers/DPS
- [Silvermoon] [A] FiLTH (2/9M) are Recruiting!
- BM or switch to MM, overall problems... please help me.
- I have logs! :D
- Arms Warrior 7.2.5
- Affliction Warlock 7.2.5
- BM DPS Help: My DPS Has Gotten Low
- Affliction Log help
- Attack missed
- Tarnished Sentinel Medallion question