Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Beast Mastery Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Beast Mastery Hunter gems and enchants.
Dragonflight Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Beast Mastery Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Beast Mastery Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Dragonflight Gems for Beast Mastery Hunter
We highly recommend using Raidbots to sim your character's ideal gems and enchants, as they might differ from our general recommendations.
You should use one Skillful Illimited Diamond in an item you are unlikely to replace. Your other sockets should be simulated on Raidbots, but Sensei's Neltharite is a common choice, as it is generally fairly easy to reach the point of DR on Haste without actively gemming for it. It is much less likely that you will DR on Mastery.
But still, really, you should sim yourself if you care about minmaxing the final 0.5%, as this guide cannot cover for every possible scenario.
Best Dragonflight Enchants for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Dragonflight Phials for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Flask and Phial for Beast Mastery Hunter
The best Flask is a slightly complicated topic.
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the best DPS for most scenarios, but will occasionally do hefty damage to you after you have taken enough damage. You need around 60% uptime on the Corrupting Rage buff (the beneficial part) in combat for this to beat other Phials, so check your buff uptimes to make sure you meet this requirement. Otherwise, swap to the Phial below.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility is the best choice when the Iced Phial deals too much damage to be worth it or has too low uptime.
- Phial of Elemental Chaos does similar DPS to Tepid Versatility but does not have the defensive benefits. There really is no reason to ever run this.
- Phial of Static Empowerment and Phial of Charged Isolation are the best on paper but highly dependent on their uptime. You need at least 80% uptime to beat out all other options. This is very rare. You can give it a try for extremely static encounters.
Overall, your best single-target option is Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage as it provides the best DPS in realistic scenarios. Just be aware of the damage penalty and keep some Phial of Tepid Versatility on hand.
Best Dragonflight Potion for Beast Mastery Hunter
Your potion should be Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power. Use them liberally with Call of the Wild!
Warlock Healthstones and Dreamwalker's Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
If you have Alchemy and have developed its trees, you can use Potion of Withering Dreams as well. Even when accounting for the damage taken, with bonuses obtained by Alchemists, it is a net-better heal than the Dreamwalker's Potion!
Best Food for Beast Mastery
As of Patch 10.2, it is now ever so slightly better to be using non-Agility food, such as Feisty Fish Sticks/ Sizzling Seafood Medley/ Thousandbone Tongueslicer. This is because the relative value of secondary stats rises quickly as you gain more Agility/Item Level. Like with gems, as long as your Food does not have Versatility, and does not push you past a DR point, it is fine to use.
Or, if you just want something easy that is only ~0.3% worse, go with Deviously Deviled Eggs, or eat from a Feast.
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 22 May 2023: Updated the recommended Leg Enchant, as it was found that the Lambent Armor Kit does not provide Stamina as it was assumed.
- 13 May 2023: Updated the recommended food and Leg enchant.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Yet another update to the recommended Gemstones based on a slew of hotfixes.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Updated the recommended Gemstones after sim updates, and the discovery of a new, powerful combination.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated the Onyx Annulet Information in light of the March 21st buff.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 22 Feb. 2023: Updated and clarified optimal Gems and Enchants.
- 20 Feb. 2023: Added information about a DPS-increasing Glyph for Beast Mastery Hunters.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated the recommended Phial.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated the recommendation and description of the optimal Flasks/Phials.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Big Class Tuning
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers
- Patch 10.2 Week 5 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 4