Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Beast Mastery Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Beast Mastery Hunter gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Beast Mastery Hunter
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Beast Mastery Hunter, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Beast Mastery Hunter
We highly recommend using Raidbots to sim your character's ideal gems and enchants, as they might differ from our general recommendations.
Best Enchants for Beast Mastery Hunter
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
Consumables for Beast Mastery Hunter
Best Flask and Phial for Beast Mastery Hunter
The best Flask is a slightly complicated topic.
- Phial of Static Empowerment and Phial of Charged Isolation are the best on paper, but highly dependent on their uptime. You need at least 80% uptime on either of them to beat out all other options. This is very rare.
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the best otherwise, but you need more than 50% uptime on its beneficial effect to beat other options. Additionally, it will deal hefty damage to you in situations where you are already taking damage, so it should be used with care. It is not worth using a Flask that kills you! It is very easy to get far more than 50% uptime, so this will generally be the highest DPS option, but dying because of it it is a far bigger DPS loss than simply using one of the Phials below.
- Phial of Glacial Fury is the best universal Phial for AoE scenarios, such as most Mythic+. Remember that you can freely swap between Phials on the fly to suit different sections of a fight, although you should try to do this outside of combat/during downtime, as it takes 1.5 seconds to drink a Phial.
- Phial of Elemental Chaos is the best fall-back Flask. It does not require you to do or achieve anything special in order to be decent. Choose this if you are not sure that you can reach the uptimes required for better Flasks, or if you are worried about the Iced Phial causing you to die.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility is close to Elemental Chaos for DPS, but also brings 2.5% passive damage reduction, which can be valuable in difficult situations.
Overall, your best single-target option is Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage as it provides the best DPS in realistic scenarios. Just be aware of the damage penalty and keep some Phial of Elemental Chaos/ Phial of Tepid Versatility on hand just in case. For AoE, use Phial of Glacial Fury instead.
Best Potion for Beast Mastery Hunter
Your potion should be Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power.
Warlock Healthstones and Refreshing Healing Potion should be used when at low health.
Best Food for Beast Mastery
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- The True Endboss of Dragonflight Is... Trees?
- All Dragonscale Expedition Flag Locations for Easy 5,000 Reputation
- Doubleagent Has Just Reached Level 66
- Join Us on Twitch for Episode 2 of the Icy Veins Podcast
- BtWQuests Addon for Dragonflight
- How to Get the Secret Scrappy Worldsnail Mount in Dragonflight
- Darkmoon Profession Quests Now Available on Live Servers
- Alchemy Experimentation Reportedly Re-Enabled