Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Mythic+ Guide — Dragonflight 10.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Beast Mastery Hunter in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Unique Challenges of Dragonflight Mythic+
Mythic+ Dungeons, especially high ones, are arguably the highest level of competitive PvE content that WoW has to offer aside from Mythic raiding.
In Mythic Dungeons as a Hunter, you will be responsible for a large part of the group's total damage output, while in a Mythic Raiding group, you may only be responsible for maybe 7% of it. The skill and execution from the individual players in the group is much more important.
Aside from just doing damage, in Mythic+ you will be responsible for many things to make the group's run faster and easier. Interrupting, offensively dispelling enemy targets, soaking mechanics, using your traps and stuns are all much more common in Mythic+ than your usual Mythic raid.
In this guide, we will talk about getting the most out of your Hunter in Mythic+ dungeons, including the best way to set up your character, how your rotation may change, and tips and tricks for using your abilities in the most optimal way.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
To learn more about the Mythic+ Meta, check out our Mythic+ Tier List below.
Beast Mastery Hunter's' Role in Dragonflight Mythic+
Beast Mastery Hunter specializes in solid all-round damage, with relatively low burst but higher-than-average sustained damage. Its AoE is largely uncapped, making it very versatile at doing different kinds of damage.
Best Dragonflight Mythic+ Talent Build for Beast Mastery Hunter
For a more general overview of Talents for Beast Mastery Hunter, please visit our dedicated Talents page.
These are our recommended talents for Beast Mastery Hunter in Mythic+.
You can swap out Wailing Arrow for a third point of Dire Command if you are never getting value from the interrupt. We do not generally recommend this, as the DPS loss of Wailing Arrow is tiny, and the potential benefits are huge.
Key Utility for Beast Mastery Hunter in Dragonflight Mythic+
This section talks mostly about the uses of different spells. For in-depth explanations of all Hunter Abilities and Talents, including these, check out our Spells page.
Counter Shot is your "kick" and your most important bit of utility in Mythic+, used to stop enemy casts for the benefit of the group and especially the tank. It is highly recommended to use a Focus Kick macro for this.
- /cast [@focus,exists,nodead][@mouseover,exists,nodead]  Counter Shot
This macro will kick your focus target if you have one, mouseover if you have no Focus target, and your target if you have neither of those.
To quickly set a focus target in hectic scenarios, we also recommend a Focus Mouseover macro.
- /focus [@mouseover]
Make sure that your UI shows your Focus Target's casts clearly, so that you are always able to kick it on cooldown, or in coordination with the rest of your group.
Intimidation is your second-most important utility and is your "stop" for negating casts that cannot be normally interrupted. We recommend using this in the same way as your Counter Shot, with the same macro (with Intimidation swapped in for Counter Shot, of course).
Binding Shot can be used to save your tank in hectic moments by helping him kite mobs and generate some range.
Freezing Trap can be used as an additional stop alongside Intimidation, but it has a slow travel time and you will need to be close to land it before most stunnable casts are finished.
Scatter Shot (mutually exclusive with Binding Shot) can be used as an additional stop alongside Intimidation and Freezing Trap, but you have to be within 20 yards of the mob you are stopping. It will also remove any DoTs like Barbed Shot, giving it a small DPS cost.
Feign Death can not only be used to drop aggro, but also negate certain casts and channels on you. In some cases, these mechanics will simply retarget someone else in the group, but occasionally the mechanic will be entirely negated with huge benefits. If you notice a cast or effect on you, try to Feign it!
Tranquilizing Shot can negate beneficial Enrage and Magic effects from enemy targets, and with the Improved Tranquilizing Shot Talent, we do not lose meaningful damage from doing so.
Tar Trap can be used to aid your tank in kiting by slowing mobs.
Gear Considerations and How To Sim Mythic+ for Beast Mastery Hunter in Mythic+
When choosing your trinkets, we recommend simulating yourself on Raidbots Top Gear or Gear Compare using the DungeonSlice Fight Style to roughly simulate a Mythic+ dungeon.
On our Gear Page below, we have compiled BiS items for Beast Mastery Hunter that also apply to Mythic+.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 30 Nov. 2022: Fixed an issue where the Mythic+ Talent Tree did not match the Talents Page.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 04 Nov. 2022: Updated the optimal Conduits back again, due to APL updates and the Alpha Predator bugfix.
- 03 Nov. 2022: Updated the best Conduit to use for Beast Mastery in Mythic+.
- 01 Nov. 2022: Earlier changes reverted due to a simulation bug.
- 01 Nov. 2022: Updated the recommended Mythic+/AoE Talents in light of recent 10% nerf to BM.
- 30 Oct. 2022: Updated the optimal Mythic+/AoE Talents.
- 27 Oct. 2022: Updated the recommended Covenant.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite