Marksmanship Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.2.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Marksmanship Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Patch 9.2 Unity Legendary and Double Legendaries
Patch 9.2 introduces the Unity, which allows you to attach your Covenant-specific Legendary Power to any slot. This "Unity"-legendary automatically changes its power with your Covenant, and most importantly, it allows you to use a second Legendary Power of your choice, in their usual slots.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Marksmanship Hunter
Which Slot To Craft Legendaries for Marksmanship Hunter
The introduction of Tier Set Bonuses and the Unity Power makes your slot choice for Legendaries much more important.
Generally speaking, the best slot to craft your Unity Power on will be your Chest or Helm in the long term. However, this requires you to have all 5 Tier Bonus items, as you would otherwise be denying yourself the 4PC Set Bonus by crafting Unity on a Tier Slot (Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, and Legs). For this reason, it is best to craft your Unity on a non-tier item such as Belt or Boots until you have a tier piece combination that lets you craft Unity on Chest or Helm.
For your non-Unity Legendary, your choices are much more limited, and Tier Pieces are usually avoided for this Craft.
Finally, the ideal Legendary Slot is also determined by the Item Level at which you are able to craft it. When your Legendary Item is going to be a higher Item Level than the item it is replacing, it is best to go for "high-budget" items with lots of Agility, while the opposite is true if your Legendary Power is a downgrade in Item Level. In the long term, you should be able to craft it at 291 Item Level, and all our recommendations are based on 291 Item Level Legendary Crafts.
- Unity - See detailed information above.
- Secrets of the Unblinking Vigil should be crafted on Wrists.
- Serpentstalker's Trickery should be crafted on Ring.
- Surging Shots should be crafted on Neck.
Best Legendary for Marksmanship Hunter
We are only concerning ourselves with Legendaries that can potentially increase our DPS. It is not currently worth using any non-DPS Legendary for any PvE content.
- If you do not have the 4PC Tier Set Bonus, Serpentstalker's Trickery is your best non-Covenant Legendary for Single-Target scenarios. For AoE, Surging Shots is better in conjunction with the Streamline Talent.
- Once you have the 4PC Tier Set Bonus, Secrets of the Unblinking Vigil becomes the best for all situations.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated the best Legendaries and the slots to craft them on.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated the description of the Bag of Munitions as it is simmable now.
- 19 Jul. 2021: Promoted Surging Shots ahead of Elder Antlers for Mythic+.
- 12 Jul. 2021: Added the Night Fae, Necrolord, and Venthyr Legendaries to the rankings, as they are easily quantifiable.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Added a note that the Pact of the Soulstalkers Legendary stacks.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated the ideal Surging Shots craft slot after the Tazavesh Necklace was nerfed.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the description of some Legendary recommendations to reflect the Patch 9.0.5 changes.
- 08 Jan. 2021: Added note about which stats to put on your Legendary Item.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Added information about which slot to craft your Serpentstalker's Trickery Legendary for.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased