Marksmanship Hunter Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.2.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Marksmanship Hunter, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Hunter specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Hunter Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Patch 9.2 Unity Legendary and Double Legendaries
Patch 9.2 introduces the Unity, which allows you to attach your Covenant-specific Legendary Power to any slot. This "Unity"-legendary automatically changes its power with your Covenant, and most importantly, it allows you to use a second Legendary Power of your choice, in their usual slots.
Which Stats For Your Legendary for Marksmanship Hunter
You should generally use Missive of Mastery/ Missive of Critical Strike for your Legendary crafts.
Which Slot To Craft Legendaries for Marksmanship Hunter
- Unity - Replace whatever your lowest iLvl is with Unity. Prefer socket slots like Neck and Belt where possible.
- Serpentstalker's Trickery should be crafted on Shoulders.
- Surging Shots should be crafted on Wrists or Neck
Best Legendary for Marksmanship Hunter
We are only concerning ourselves with Legendaries that can potentially increase our DPS. It is not currently worth using any non-DPS Legendary for any PvE content.
You should be using Surging Shots in all situations. It provides a significant damage boost without making your rotation any more complex. It also enhances our already powerful burst and unlocks the use of the Lethal Shots talent which synergizes extremely well with it.
For PURE single-target situations, Serpentstalker's Trickery can be a little bit better than Surging Shots, but this is a pretty rare scenario, and the difference is usually less than 1%.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th