How To Improve As Destruction Warlock — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
Not Using Rain of Fire Too Liberally
Rain of Fire is a large Soul Shard investment and shifts your damage profile, from focused burst to distributed AoE. The AoE from Rain of Fire is quite significant, provided that targets will stay within the reticle for most of its duration. Remember that at 5+ targets you should use Rain of Fire rather than a Havoc-empowered Chaos Bolt.
Dark Soul Usage
After the opener, your Dark Soul: Instability is unlikely to align with any of your other main cooldowns until the 6-minute mark. Dark Soul should be used roughly on cooldown, although you should delay it for a short time if you will be able to cleave during the duration.
Not Refreshing Immolate for Internal Combustion
When playing with Internal Combustion, many players fail to properly manage their Immolate. You should always keep track of your Immolate, as dumping multiple Chaos Bolts will quickly eat up the duration. Try to refresh Immolate when there are 5 seconds or less remaining.
Properly anticipating cleave and putting Havoc to the best possible use can add a lot of damage to your parse. Be sure to lead into Havoc with Soul Shards at the ready. Unless you need to refresh Immolate on the main target, you should apply Immolate before Havoc on the second target. Get right into dumping Chaos Bolts, using Conflagrate charges for quick Soul Shard regeneration.
Cataclysm applies Immolate, and should be used to apply or refresh that debuff whenever possible. It is common for many players to refresh Immolate out of habit, only to cast Cataclysm moments later and refresh again. While this is not a huge optimization, it definitely pays to remember. Remember Cataclysm cast on cooldown offers almost 50% Immolate uptime.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top