How To Improve As Destruction Warlock — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.5. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
Not Using Rain of Fire Too Liberally
Rain of Fire is a large Soul Shard investment and shifts your damage profile, from focused burst to distributed AoE. The AoE from Rain of Fire is quite significant, provided that targets will stay within the reticle for most of its duration. Remember that at 5+ targets you should use Rain of Fire rather than a Havoc-empowered Chaos Bolt.
Dark Soul Usage
After the opener, your Dark Soul: Instability is unlikely to align with any of your other main cooldowns until the 6-minute mark. Dark Soul should be used roughly on cooldown, although you should delay it for a short time if you will be able to cleave during the duration.
Not Refreshing Immolate for Internal Combustion
When playing with Internal Combustion, many players fail to properly manage their Immolate. You should always keep track of your Immolate, as dumping multiple Chaos Bolts will quickly eat up the duration. Try to refresh Immolate when there are 5 seconds or less remaining.
Properly anticipating cleave and putting Havoc to the best possible use can add a lot of damage to your parse. Be sure to lead into Havoc with Soul Shards at the ready. Unless you need to refresh Immolate on the main target, you should apply Immolate before Havoc on the second target. Get right into dumping Chaos Bolts, using Conflagrate charges for quick Soul Shard regeneration.
Cataclysm applies Immolate, and should be used to apply or refresh that debuff whenever possible. It is common for many players to refresh Immolate out of habit, only to cast Cataclysm moments later and refresh again. While this is not a huge optimization, it definitely pays to remember. Remember Cataclysm cast on cooldown offers almost 50% Immolate uptime.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Lead Cinematic Designer Revisits the Original Black Temple Trailer
- World of Warcraft on Game Pass: How Would It Work?
- Potential Impact of the Microsoft Acquisition on the Future of WoW
- Blizzard on Tier Set Design in Patch 9.2
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Reportedly Leaving the Company After Microsoft Acquisition is Complete
- Microsoft + Activision Blizzard Acquistion Memes and Funny Images
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff