Destruction Warlock DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of a Destruction Warlock
Destruction is a flexible specialization that can provide a variety of damage types and pressure without much rotational complexity. In this section, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the number of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
3. Talent Choice for Destruction Warlock
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. These talents aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Flashover
- Level 30: Reverse Entropy
- Level 45: Demon Skin
- Level 60: Cataclysm
- Level 75: Demonic Circle
- Level 90: Roaring Blaze
- Level 100: Channel Demonfire
4. Stat Priority for Destruction Warlock
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Mastery ≥ Haste;
- Critical Strike;
5. Azerite Quick Reference for Destruction Warlock
5.1. Single Target
6. Single Target Rotation for Destruction Warlock
- Maintain Immolate at all times.
- Cast Chaos Bolt if you have 5 Soul Shards.
- Cast Conflagrate if you have 2 charges.
- Cast Chaos Bolt to keep the Eradication debuff applied (if talented).
- Cast Cataclysm (if talented) when available.
- Cast Conflagrate to generate Soul Shards.
- Cast Incinerate to generate Soul Shards.
7. Multiple Target Rotation for Destruction Warlock
Rain of Fire should become your main Soul Shard consuming spell with at least 3 targets stacked together, unless you are inside a Havoc timeframe, in which case the number of target is 5+. Keep in mind there will be situation where using Chaos Bolt will be more beneficial, such as targets constantly moving away from Rain of Fire area, or particular Mythic+ affixes like Bolstering, and Raging among others.
- 11 Feb. 2019: Updated to reflect the changes in gearing from Haste to Mastery.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 09 Nov. 2018: Updated Easy setup recommendation.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Added Azerite Outer Ring simulations (single target and cleave) for quick reference.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Brawler's Guild - Grandpa Grumplefoot