Destruction Warlock DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of a Destruction Warlock
Destruction is a flexible specialization that can provide a variety of damage types and pressure without much rotational complexity. In this section, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the number of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
Talent Choice for Destruction Warlock
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. These talents aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Flashover
- Level 30: Reverse Entropy
- Level 45: Demon Skin
- Level 60: Cataclysm
- Level 75: Demonic Circle
- Level 90: Roaring Blaze
- Level 100: Channel Demonfire
Stat Priority for Destruction Warlock
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Mastery ≥ Haste;
- Critical Strike;
Essence Choices for Destruction Warlock
For single-target, use Guardian of Azeroth once you unlock rank 3 in raid, or Memory of Lucid Dreams when you can pair it with Strive for Perfection; in open world content Concentrated Flame is a well rounded and competitive choice.
Focused Azerite Beam is a must for dungeons and anything involving 2 or more targets.
For single-target situations, pick any of the following minors:
- Condensed Life-Force;
- Ancient Flame;
- Focused Energy, if you are not swapping targets frequently.
When dealing with multiple targets, consider opting for at least one of the following:
Azerite Quick Reference for Destruction Warlock
Single Target Rotation for Destruction Warlock
- Maintain Immolate at all times.
- Cast Chaos Bolt if you have 5 Soul Shards.
- Cast Conflagrate if you have 2 charges.
- Cast Chaos Bolt to keep the Eradication debuff applied (if talented).
- Cast Cataclysm (if talented) when available.
- Cast Conflagrate to generate Soul Shards.
- Cast Incinerate to generate Soul Shards.
Multiple Target Rotation for Destruction Warlock
Rain of Fire should become your main Soul Shard consuming spell with at least 3 targets stacked together, unless you are inside a Havoc timeframe, in which case the number of target is 5+. Keep in mind there will be situation where using Chaos Bolt will be more beneficial, such as targets constantly moving away from Rain of Fire area, or particular Mythic+ affixes like Bolstering, and Raging among others.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Updated Essence recommendations.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Feb. 2019: Updated to reflect the changes in gearing from Haste to Mastery.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 09 Nov. 2018: Updated Easy setup recommendation.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Added Azerite Outer Ring simulations (single target and cleave) for quick reference.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Ny'alotha Raid Testing - October 17th and 18th
- Ny'alotha Plate Raid Sets Preview
- N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3
- New Essences in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Updated on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR
- Alpaca Mount Fixed on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations
- Assassination Rogue PvP 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Lock Destru bad dps improvement
- Il'gynoth Whispers 8.3 SPOILERS
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- Mission Table - Guide
- Hunter Macro
- Post your Transmog