Devastation Evoker DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Devastation Evoker. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
The Basics of Stats for Devastation Evoker
The general stat priority on armor pieces for a Devastation Evoker is:
- Item Level;
- Critical Strike;
- Versatility/Mastery/Haste are very similar, crit is slightly ahead, you will balance these depending on your current gear.
On Jewelry (and pieces without Intellect on them), the priority is as follows:
- Item Level;
- Critical Strike;
- Versatility/Mastery/Haste same as on non jewelry pieces, you'll stack crit slightly more than other stats but will end up decently balanced.
Intellect is by far going to give you more DPS than secondary stats, therefore Item Level will typically be better than having optimal secondary stats given that the piece of equipment also has an Intellect increase. Rings and Trinkets are an exception to this as they have other factors to consider such as total amount of secondary stats provided and the trinket effects.
Whilst this is fairly generic advice for your gearing, to get more accurate information simming your character is always best to get an idea of what gear your character should use for any given combat scenario.
Something to note is that secondary stats diminish in value per point after 30%, meaning it takes more secondary stat points to gain 1%. For Mastery this begins at 97.5%, since each point of Mastery has a conversion value of 2.5. This is not a goal to aim for, but just something to be mindful of when you start to go beyond these thresholds. At these points you will see less value per point of secondary stats. As always, simming your character will give more detailed information on where it is advisable to change your gear for different secondary stats.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Getting a Better Understanding of Devastation Evoker Stats
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Mastery ( Mastery: Giantkiller) increases the damage of your spells based on the current health of your target. The higher the health of the target, the more benefit from Mastery: Giantkiller you get. You will also get the full benefit from Mastery: Giantkiller during Dragonrage when the Tyranny talent is picked.
Critical Strike increases your chance for your abilities to deal 200% damage this is increased to 220% when the Spellweaver's Dominance talent is picked. This synergizes with Eye of Infinity to give you more Essence.
Haste increases your spell casting speed (including Empowered Spells) and the tick rate of your periodic effects.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 12 Nov. 2023: Adjusted secondary stat listings.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Updated stat priority to lower the value of Critical Strike.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery