Devastation Evoker DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Gearing a Devastation Evoker
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Devastation Evoker. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear for which you need gems and enchant advice, you can find everything on our dedicated page below.
Comparing potential upgrades
With Best in Slot lists being a static sheet of what is potentially best, what is best for you will vary with every piece of gear you obtain due to the value of the stats constantly shifting as you obtain item level. To get the most accurate information for your character, we advise that you sim your character every time a potential item drops by using the Compare Gear feature with both options, item by item. The reason for this is twofold:
- An item that is not strictly ideal in an ideal fully-kitted-out gear set may be a massive upgrade for you right now (high ilvl gains on pieces, weapon upgrades, etc.)
- Likewise, an item that is in an ideal gearset may very well be a loss for you right now, either because of an ilvl difference.
We strongly advise relying on sims to gauge upgrades on an item by item basis, particularly as a minor upgrade for you, may very well be a large upgrade for other players in your raid.
For guidance on how to sim your character, we have a guide for this which you can find on the link below.
Embellishment Recommendations for Devastation Evoker
Embellishments are additional item effects present on profession gear, either as a baseline (such as Elemental Lariat) or added as an optional reagent when crafting (such as Alchemical Flavor Pocket). These grant a free, additional effect to the piece.
You may only have two embellishments active at a time.
For Devastation Evokers, we recommend the following:
- Elemental Lariat is a very straightforward first recommendation as it provides a lot of stats from the proc and is easily the most powerful embellishment in Dragonflight.
- Venom-Steeped Stompers will provide you with more of your highest secondary stat and reduce your lowest secondary stat each time it procs. Ideally, this will give you more Mastery and reduce Versatility.
- Blue Silken Lining is an optional ingredient that you can add to crafted gear to embellish it. This will provide you with additional Mastery while above 90% health.
- Potion Absorption Inhibitor is an optional ingredient that can be added to crafted gear to embellish it. This will increase the duration of potions by 50%.
Dungeon Gear Recommendations for Devastation Evoker
This table exclusively contains loot from the dungeons featured in Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1.
|Helm||Collar of Honorable Exultation||Halls of Valor|
|Neck||Wolfstride Pendant||Halls of Valor|
|Shoulder||Neverdare Shoulders||Temple of the Jade Serpent|
|Cloak||Fireproof Drape||Ruby Life Pools|
|Chest||Thunderfused Val'kyr Hauberk||Halls of Valor|
|Bracers||Shikaar Ranger Bracers||The Nokhud Offensive|
|Gloves||Galerattle Gauntlets||Ruby Life Pools|
|Belt||Azure Belt of Competition||Algeth'ar Academy|
|Legs||Stasis-Freed Leggings||The Azure Vault|
|Boots||Lightning-Charged Striders||The Nokhud Offensive|
|Ring #1||Platinum Star Band||Algeth'ar Academy|
|Ring #2||Woe-Bearer's Band||Halls of Valor|
|Weapon||Final Grade||Algeth'ar Academy|
Recommended Dragonflight Raid Gear
As the raid is unavailable on Dragonflight's launch, we will not yet provide gear recommendations. Check back in the coming days!
This table exclusively contains loot from Vault of the Incarnates.
|Helm||Crown of the Awakened||Raszageth|
|Neck||Eye of the Vengeful Hurricane||Dathea, Ascended|
|Shoulder||Talons of the Awakened||Broodkeeper Diurna|
|Cloak||Acid-Proof Webbing (Optional: You can use the Inspiration Catalyst to create Shroud of the Awakened)||Sennarth|
|Chest||Hauberk of the Awakened||Kurog Grimtotem|
|Bracers||Surging-Song Conductors||Kurog Grimtotem|
|Gloves||Gauntlets of the Awakened (Optional: You can use the Inspiration Catalyst on Calamitous Shockguards from Raszageth to create a higher item level tier.)||Dathea, Ascended|
|Belt||Unnatural Dripstone Cinch||Sennarth|
|Legs||Tassets of the Tarasek Legion||Broodkeeper Diurna|
|Boots||Daring Chasm-Leapers||Dathea, Ascended|
|Ring #1||Seal of Diurna's Chosen||Eranog|
|Ring #2||Seal of Filial Duty||Broodkeeper Diurna|
|Weapon||Kharnalex, The First Light||Broodkeeper Diurna|
These rings deserve a special section. They require fire damage to be dealt by you to activate their effects. As a Devastation Evoker, you will naturally have sources of Fire damage from Fire Breath DoT maintenance . You can reliably trigger the effects of these rings.
Evoker Specific Weapon - Kharnalex The First Light
This Weapon is only available for Evokers, and the on-use effect is a 3-second channel which deals damage and scales with Mastery: Giantkiller. You should aim to use it on the pull before your first Dragonrage to get the most out of it and then at the end of your Dragonrage (unless you need it for specific burst DPS requirements).
This Weapon deals 1 tick of damage every 0.5 seconds.
Patch 10.0.7 brings a new ring into the game Onyx Annulet. This can be socketed with Primordial Gems which provide damage, healing or absorb effects.
It is worth noting that a crafted ring at 418 with Haste and Mastery will provide more of a DPS gain than the Onyx Annulet.
For more information on the best Primordial Gemstones to put in your Onyx Annulet, check out our Enchants and Gems page below.
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Devastation Evoker Tier Set - Scales of the Awakened
The Vault of the Incarnates raid features a new round of Primalist Tier Sets themed around the four elements. In addition, you can eventually earn pieces of this set from any of the nine slots in the weekly Dragonflight Great Vault. They can also finally be made at the Inspiration Catalyst as a catchup system. This armor, when enough pieces of it are worn, unlocks two special bonuses for Devastation Evokers:
- Devastation Evoker 2pc — Empower spells have a 5% increased chance to critically strike and also increase your critical strike chance by 5% for 6 sec.
- Devastation Evoker 4pc — Empower spells have a 25% chance to grant you 6 seconds of Fury of the Aspects without causing Exhaustion.
Once available, you should aim to acquire the set bonuses as soon as possible.
- The 2-piece bonus empowers your..empowered spells. An additional 5% chance for them to critically strike and another 5% Critical Strike buff for 6 seconds after casting them. It is important to note that this buff does not trigger from Eternity Surge casts triggered by Scintillation, and does not extend beyond 6 seconds (if you cast two empowered spells back to back).
- The 4-piece bonus fits with the theme of the 2-piece bonus by giving the empowered spells a 25% chance to trigger Fury of the Aspects for 6 seconds. This 6-second bonus can also extend the duration of any existing Bloodlust effect on you. Additionally, it can extend beyond the 40-second maximum timer (if you are lucky).
PvP Gear Recommendations for Devastation Evoker
Obtaining gear from rated PvP can boost your item level early in the season.
It is essential to note that all of these items have Versatility on them.
I recommend trying Rated Solo Shuffle as Devastation has a high amount of initial burst damage, which is well suited for this game mode.
Trinket Recommendations for Devastation Evoker
Whispering Incarnate Icon is an inflated item-level trinket from The Primal Council. It will provide you with a passive Critical Strike (Frost). If you have raid members with the trinket who are healers (Fire - Haste) or Tanks (Earth - Versatility), you will gain their benefit at a 50% value.
Voidmender's Shadowgem has been changed in this patch to include more Evoker spells making it a very powerful trinket and is one of your two Best in Slot trinkets.
Horn of Valor is an on-use trinket that increases your Intellect for 30 seconds on a 2-minute cooldown. This means it will be available for every Dragonrage and last for most of the cooldown window.
Furious Ragefeather is a passive damage trinket where your spells can fire an arrow that deals damage over 20 seconds. If the enemy with the arrow dies, your next spell will fire an arrow. It currently deals a lot of damage and should be a trinket to consider.
Irideus Fragment is an on-use trinket with a lot of Mastery and provides an enormous boost to Intellect for 20 seconds when used. However, the amount of Intellect reduces per ability you cast. The only downsides to this trinket are the 3-minute cooldown, as it will not line up with every cast of Dragonrage, which can only be obtained from M0, meaning it has a low item level. Only use this if you have no better options available and obtain any of the trinkets above as a higher priority.
Valor and Item Upgrades
Beginning in Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1, the Valor currency can be obtained from completing Mythic or Mythic+ dungeons. After earning enough of it, you can use Valor to upgrade any item obtained from a Mythic+ dungeon of any difficulty (including regular Mythic)! These upgrades carry through to item level 415, though you must also have achieved Dragonflight Keystone Hero: Season One to bring an item that high.
We recommend upgrading your Weapon first, as this will provide you with the largest DPS gain.
Enchants and Sockets
Once you have obtained a piece of gear containing a prismatic socket or needing to be enchanted, you will need to know how to modify it. Details about these tweaks can be found on our dedicated gems, enchants, and consumables page.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added Onyx Annulet Section.
- 03 Feb. 2023: Updated text for Kharnalex to be more explict on the Mastery benefits the item has.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated trinket list where darkmoon deck has been removed and Voidmenders Shadowgem has been added (with the recent changes in patch 10.5).
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
More Evoker Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch