Devastation Evoker DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Generic Macros for Evokers
Emerald Blossom on Mouseover
This macro will cast Emerald Blossom on your mouseover target; if they are not a friendly target (or a dead friendly target) it will cast on yourself instead.
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead]  Emerald Blossom
Rescue on Mouseover
This macro will cast Rescue on your mouseover target; if they are not a friendly target (or a dead friendly target) it will attempt to cast it on your current target instead.
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead]  Rescue
Verdant Embrace on Mouseover
This macro will cast Verdant Embrace on your mouseover target; if they are not a friendly target (or a dead friendly target) it will cast on yourself instead.
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead]  Verdant Embrace
Cauterizing Flame on Mouseover
This macro will cast Cauterizing Flame on your mouseover target; if they are not a friendly target (or a dead friendly target) it will cast on yourself instead.
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead]  Cauterizing Flame
Specific Macros for Devastation Evokers
Fire Breath with Trinket on Shift
This macro will cast Fire Breath as normal when you press it, but if you press shift it will use your first trinket slot (slot 13, change to 14 for second trinket slot) and then cast Fire Breath in the same GCD.
- #showtooltip Fire Breath
- /use [mod:shift] 13
- /cast Fire Breath
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
Method Raid Tools
Method Raid Tools is a useful addon that allows you to track the cooldowns of other raid members, as well as providing you with a wealth of other useful raid information.
Specific Addons for Devastation Evokers
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players