Devastation Evoker DPS Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.2.
Devastation Evoker in Mythic+
Devastation Evoker has powerful burst DPS and deals more damage to higher health targets, of which there are many in Mythic+. However, you may find being within 25 yards of a target challenging until tanks are more familiar with having Evokers in their group. This will take some getting used to.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Mythic+ Talents for Devastation Evoker
Some dungeons may require a different set of talents. Still, in general, you should start with the following talents and only make changes if you know that you will need a different talent for a specific reason in a dungeon. For a description of all talents, please refer to our Devastation Evoker talents page.
Devastation Evoker Rotation Changes
In Mythic+, you will be fighting against groups of enemies, which means that your rotation will need to change slightly from your single-target rotation. The fundamental changes are:
- You will use Eternity Surge at higher empower levels based on the number of enemies you are fighting.
- You will use Azure Strike instead of Living Flame when you are fighting against more than 3 enemies.
- You will use Deep Breath when fighting against more than 2 enemies.
- You will use Pyre when fighting against more than 3 enemies (if you have 20 stacks of Charged Blast, this can be cast on 2 targets.).
Additionally, Dragonrage should be used liberally as it is a fairly short cooldown for a big damage cooldown. Refrain from holding this for an ideal time, as it will often be back for bosses if you use it on cooldown. Be mindful of the next boss fight and your current cooldown, and evaluate if you should save it.
Devastation Evoker Utility
- Oppressing Roar can increase the duration of crowd control effects from yourself and your group. An example of when you can use this is before an AoE stun, such as a Monk's Leg Sweep, to make the stun last longer. You can enhance this ability with Overawe to turn it into an Enrage dispel.
- Fury of the Aspects provides your party with a Time Warp/ Bloodlust effect.
- Rescue will allow you to pick up an ally and bring them to your selected location. You can use this to help a group member get out of a dangerous position or pick up a slow party member (or even a slow tank) and move them along.
- Devastation Evoker can also bring both a root and stun to make difficult packs much easier for your tank and your party. Landslide can root enemies, and Deep Breath can stun them if you talent into the Terror of the Skies passive from the class tree.
- It is also worth mentioning that Wing Buffet and Tail Swipe, both racial abilities, can be used to knock enemies into the air and knock them away from you.
For general information about affixes, see our general Mythic+ guide. Below we will mention some of the affixes where you need to be mindful of your utility as an Evoker.
Tier Two Affixes
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when an enemy dies. This pool will heal enemies who stay inside the zone while damaging players. Be careful when using Deep Breath with Terror of the Skies talented, as you may stun enemies in a Sanguine pool.
- Bursting causes enemies to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage every four seconds. Be ready to heal yourself if needed.
Tier Three Affixes
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking damage over time effect when they fall below 90%. If your healer needs help, Emerald Blossom will remove 1 stack of Grievous from every player hit. As Grievous is a bleed, Cauterizing Flame will remove it entirely.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum health in damage to each player caught in the area and interrupt any casts being finished during the shockwave. Be careful if you are buffed with Hover, as moving will not interrupt your cast!
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period, or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleavable, and the number of orbs that spawn scales with the number of enemies pulled. If you target the explosive, Azure Strike will cleave to nearby enemies and destroy the explosive orb.
Dragonflight Season 1: Thundering
Throughout the dungeon, a thunderstorm will trigger. This creates small lightning impact spots nearby, which you should avoid, and every player in the party will have a debuff applied to them. This debuff increases your damage and healing by 30% while active. You can remove this debuff by running into a player with the opposite debuff.
If this debuff is not removed in 15 seconds, you will be stunned and take a large amount of Nature damage.
Since there are five players and only two pairs of debuffs able to be cleared, one player is allowed to keep their remaining debuff (and its increased damage/healing) for the entire time.
As playing around with this seasonal affix applies to more than just Devastation Evoker, please feel free to consult our larger guide about Mythic+ and its affixes below.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- The True Endboss of Dragonflight Is... Trees?
- All Dragonscale Expedition Flag Locations for Easy 5,000 Reputation
- Doubleagent Has Just Reached Level 66
- Join Us on Twitch for Episode 2 of the Icy Veins Podcast
- BtWQuests Addon for Dragonflight
- How to Get the Secret Scrappy Worldsnail Mount in Dragonflight
- Darkmoon Profession Quests Now Available on Live Servers
- Alchemy Experimentation Reportedly Re-Enabled