Devastation Evoker DPS Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Devastation Evoker in Mythic+
Devastation Evoker has powerful burst DPS and deals more damage to higher health targets, of which there are many in Mythic+. However, you may find being within 25 yards of a target challenging until tanks are more familiar with having Evokers in their group. This will take some getting used to.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Mythic+ Talents for Devastation Evoker
Some dungeons may require a different set of talents. Still, in general, you should start with the following talents and only make changes if you know that you will need a different talent for a specific reason in a dungeon. For a description of all talents, please refer to our Devastation Evoker talents page.
If your group needs an Enrage dispel, the point in Clobbering Sweep can be removed to obtain Overawe, but it will result in a loss of potential CC.
Devastation Evoker Rotation Changes
In Mythic+, you will be fighting against groups of enemies, which means that your rotation will need to change slightly from your single-target rotation. The fundamental changes are:
- You will use Eternity Surge at higher empower levels based on the number of enemies you are fighting.
- You will use Azure Strike instead of Living Flame when you are fighting against more than 3 enemies.
- You will use Deep Breath when fighting against more than 2 enemies.
- You will use Pyre when fighting against more than 3 enemies (if you have 20 stacks of Charged Blast, this can be cast on 2 targets.).
Additionally, Dragonrage should be used liberally as it is a fairly short cooldown for a big damage cooldown. Refrain from holding this for an ideal time, as it will often be back for bosses if you use it on cooldown. Be mindful of the next boss fight and your current cooldown, and evaluate if you should save it.
Devastation Evoker Utility
- Oppressing Roar can increase the duration of crowd control effects from yourself and your group. An example of when you can use this is before an AoE stun, such as a Monk's Leg Sweep, to make the stun last longer. You can enhance this ability with Overawe to turn it into an Enrage dispel.
- Devastation Evoker have access to two dispels Expunge which can remove PoisonPoison effects, and Cauterizing Flame which can remove BleedBleed, DiseaseDisease, CurseCurses, and PoisonPoison effects on a 1 minute cooldown.
- Zephyr provides a reduction to AoE damage received and a speed boost.
- Fury of the Aspects provides your party with a Time Warp/ Bloodlust effect.
- Rescue will allow you to pick up an ally and bring them to your selected location. You can use this to help a group member get out of a dangerous position or pick up a slow party member (or even a slow tank) and move them along.
- Devastation Evoker can also bring both a root and stun to make difficult packs much easier for your tank and your party. Landslide can root enemies, and Deep Breath can stun them if you talent into the Terror of the Skies passive from the class tree.
- It is also worth mentioning that Wing Buffet and Tail Swipe, both racial abilities, can be used to knock enemies into the air and knock them away from you.
For general information about affixes, see our general Mythic+ guide. Below we will mention some of the affixes where you need to be mindful of your utility as an Evoker.
Tier Two Affixes
These affixes now begin at keystone level 7 (was 4)
- Afflicted is a new affix in Season 2. It spawns a mob that needs to be helped. You can remove debuffs on it with Expunge / Cauterizing Flame or heal it with Verdant Embrace / Living Flame.
- Incorporeal is a new affix in Season 2. This will spawn creatures that need to be crowd controlled. You can stun them with Deep Breath (with Fury of the Skies talented) or interrupt it with Quell.
Tier Three Affixes
These affixes now begin at keystone level 14 (was 10)
- Bursting causes enemies to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage every four seconds. Be ready to heal yourself if needed. Obsidian Scales and Renewing Blaze should be used liberally when you kill multiple enemies at once. Emerald Blossom can also be used to help your healer.
- Raging will increase the damage dealt by non-boss enemies when they are below 30% health. Consider using Oppressing Roar with Overawe if your group does not have any other enrage removal.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when an enemy dies. This pool will heal enemies who stay inside the zone while damaging players. Be careful when using Deep Breath with Terror of the Skies talented, as you may stun enemies in a Sanguine pool. Make good use of Wing Buffet to knock enemies out of the Sanguine pools.
- Spiteful will spawn enemies that fixate on players when they die. If you have one fixated on you (or you see that a melee is being chased down by one), use Landslide to keep them rooted away from you. Spiteful mobs lose 10% health per second, so keeping them rooted for most of this time does all the work you need. When you see a pack of mobs is about to die, send a few Pyres in to get them low.
- 01 May 2023: Updated talent tree for Patch 10.1 and affix information for Season 2.
- 30 Mar. 2023: Talent fix.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated M+ Tips for affixes and utility list.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated M+ talent tree.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
More Evoker Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5
- Twitch Revises Branded Content Guidelines After Backlash
- Welcome Back Gear Gift for Unplayed Characters in 10.1.5
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 6th
- Mythic+ Now Has Extra Affixes (Bug)
- Dragonflight 10.1.5 PTR Notes: June 6th
- Blizzard on Catalyst Quest Becoming Available Earlier Than Expected
- Mythic+ Dungeons Re-Enabled on Live Servers