How To Improve As Devastation Evoker — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
Not Using Dragonrage Enough
As with all cooldowns, if you are holding them for too long you are wasting them. Dragonrage is no exception to this.
Whilst there is an incentive to hold Dragonrage slightly as you already have full benefit from your Mastery: Giantkiller on the pull, your goal is to get as many uses in any given combat period. Ideally you should know how long the combat period is going to be and aim to get as many uses based on your assumptions there.
Additionally, you do not want to end the combat period with Dragonrage still active as this is just wasted DPS potential.
Using Hover without a GCD being used before
Hover is not on the GCD and only has an animation lockout. This means that you can cast an instant cast spell and during the GCD of that spell use Hover to not lose any GCDs in your rotation. This should be used for when you need to do movement to not lose DPS.
Not Using Your Correct Essence Spender for the Situation
You should always be mindful of how many targets you are facing as using Disintegrate in a situation where Pyre can be better is a DPS loss.
Charging Your Empowered Spells too Much
Similar to Essence Spenders, you also need to be mindful of the situation at hand for when you are using Fire Breath and Eternity Surge.
Eternity Surge should only be charged to the amount of targets you are fighting. Charging this spell further than it needs to does not deal any additional damage and just wastes time.
Fire Breath is a bit more involved as you need to be mindful of how long the target will live for. Your goal with Fire Breath is to have it active on the enemy as much as possible, however if they are at low health then you should charge it to a higher level so it deals more of that damage up front and you do not waste any potential damage by the target dying with the DoT still active.
Overusing Filler Abilities
You should always be wanting to use your Empowered abilities and Essence spenders. Your Living Flame and Azure Strike casts should only be used when this is not possible.
Overcapping on Essence
Sometimes this will happen and it is out of your control such as when you get a lot of Essence Burst procs in a row, or during Dragonrage. Outside of that you should not be experiencing this and see Essence as more of a Combo Point system; if it is full it needs to be spent.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added Hover Weaving.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)