Devastation Evoker Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Devastation Evoker in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
When should I use Pyre over Disintegrate?
The simple answer is above 3 targets, however the amount of Charged Blast stacks can bring this down to 2 targets as Charged Blast will increase the damage of your next Pyre by 5% per stack. At 20 stacks, it will always be more valuable to cast Pyre instead of Disintegrate on 2 targets; the exact stack breakpoint can be discovered through simming your character but 20 stacks is a safe option where it will always be worth it.
How Much Mastery should I have?
The simple answer is as much as possible. However, you should aim to balance out your secondary stats once you start going above 97.5% Mastery (as this is when diminishing returns on secondary stats start to begin). Simming your character will tell you when it is best to start thinking about this.
When should I use Dragonrage?
You want to make sure you are getting as many Dragonrage uses in a given combat period, but also use it when the target is as low as possible, where you would get a full use of the ability (i.e., you do not want to end combat with Dragonrage still active).
To use some examples:
If a combat period is 1 minute:
You would want to use it ~34 seconds (18s base duration + 4 seconds from Fire Breath + 4 seconds from Eternity Surge) before the combat period will end so you finish combat as Dragonrage ends.
The exception to this is if you are using a Bloodlust effect on the pull then you would use it there instead.
If a combat period is 3 minutes:
You would know that you can use Dragonrage two times. Your perfect uses would be at 00:26 and 2:26. Your goal here is to make sure the last use is as optimal as possible, and other uses just fill the gaps.
If a combat period is 4:30 minutes:
Here, you would want to use one as soon as possible so that you get 3 uses of Dragonrage. Whilst using Dragonrage on the pull may seem inefficient, missing an entire use is more inefficient. You would still be gaining the benefit of your entire opener being empowered by Essence Burst.
How should I move and DPS?
With Evoker, you have multiple options.
- Hover is most preferable as this will allow you to cast whilst moving after the short animation. This can be used as a DPS gain if you Hover Weave (more details below).
- Deep Breath is another option, however, should only be used if you are empty on the essence when you intend to move, and there are multiple targets.
- Finally you have Azure Strike.
What is Hover Weaving?
Hover is not on the GCD, so you can cast a spell while you are on the GCD from another spell. An example of this is when you need to move from a mechanic, and you want to keep doing DPS instead of just using Hover you can cast Azure Strike, and during the GCD of this spell, you use Hover and can then cast more impactful spells on the move as the animation lockout from Hover is shorter than the GCD.
Is Devastation Evoker a good Power Infusion target?
Yes! Power Infusion and Dragonrage have the same cooldown, so you both get the benefits of using both spells on cooldown, and the additional haste makes extending your Dragonrage window easier with extra empowered spell casts.
Is it the best target? That is contextual on your raid group and the encounter, but Devastation Evoker is one of the strongest targets to put Power Infusion on.
How often does Essence regenerate?
1 Essence every 5 seconds. This is impacted by talents & Haste.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 17 Jun. 2023: Minor adjustments made to section 3.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added two new FAQ questions for Hover Weaving & Power Infusion.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2