Feral Druid PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Feral Druid and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Feral Druid PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Feral Druids
Feral druids have some of the strongest single-target damage in the game. Because they will primarily be playing with a Hunter or Warlock, below is the best build to use in arena:
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Druid Talent Tree Highlights
Some important spells to note in the Druid talent tree:
- Although you do not choose any of the final talents in the Druid talent tree, Well-Honed Instincts is a crucial defensive for Feral Druids. This will use Frenzied Regeneration when you drop below 40%, once every 90 seconds. This is great versus teams that have stuns for you or if you are the primary target.
- Protector of the Pack stores part of your damage and causes your next Regrowth to consume all the damage stored to increase its healing. This is an important talent for staying alive.
Feral Druid Talent Tree Highlights
Some important spells to note in the Feral Druid Talent tree:
- Sabertooth. Because most of your damage is single target, increasing the damage of Ferocious Bite is crucial for landing kills when the enemy healer is in crowd control.
- Adaptive Swarm is a strong ability with a short cooldown. While it is active, the target takes more damage from your Bleeds and after it expires it will spread to nearby enemies.
- Feral Frenzy. This talent deals a large amount of damage and awards 5 Combo Points. This means you can follow Feral Frenzy up with a large Ferocious Bite for strong instant damage.
PvP Talents for Feral Druids
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful, but can be replaced with other PvP talents depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Leader of the Pack gives you an okay increase to your Critical Strike and has a chance to heal you. This can help increase your survivability when you are the focus for the enemy team.
Strength of the Wild gives you more team utility and an additional way to stay alive when you are the focus for the enemy team. This should be taken in almost all situations, especially against teams that do not have many interrupts to stop you casting Regrowths.
Situational PvP Talents
Ferocious Wound causes 5-Combo Point Ferocious Bites to reduce the target's maximum health for 30 sec, stacking up to 2 times. This makes Ferocious Bite an incredibly important ability and creates a large amount of pressure on an enemy player.
If you are playing with a spec that does not have a Mortal Wounds debuff, you should be using Wicked Claws. This makes your Infected Wounds stack and reduce healing done to that target.
Thorns sprouts thorns for 12 seconds on the friendly target. When victim to melee attacks, thorns deal up to 5% of the attackers total health in Nature damage. Attackers also have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 4 sec. This is a crucial talent against teams with double melee on it. Because you will not have much to interrupt, you can replace Strength of the Wild with this talent.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Talent Tree.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 01 Feb. 2023: Updated Recommended Talents.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Recommended Talents.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best PvP Talents.
- 22 Nov. 2021: Updated Tier 1 talents.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated PvP talents.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd