Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Feral Melee DPS Druid gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Feral Druid
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Feral Druid, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
You can find information on what to enchant on any new piece of gear you acquire on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Feral Druid
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Gearing Early in Shadowlands as a Feral Druid
When Shadowlands launches and after Season 1 begins, the majority of your gear will be coming from more focused activities such as Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or your weekly Vault cache. For the first two weeks, however, these options are not available and instead you will be sourcing it from the following activities:
- Covenant Callings: these are daily emissary quests that can provide powerful gear pieces, and also grant Conduits when completed.
- The Maw: Rares and Events in The Maw have a chance to drop gear up to item level 184.
- Battlegrounds: you can exchange Honor points earned in PvP to upgrade PvP gear up to item level 184.
- Mythic dungeons: Mythic+ will not be available at launch, but regular Mythic dungeons can be done once per week with access to gear up to item level 184.
- Reputation: raising reputation with each zone's faction allows you to buy gear at Honored and Exalted, and these are great to fill in holes in your gear if you do not get any other drops.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Feral Druid
Right now, there is an ideal all-round pick for your first legendary craft, which is Cat-eye Curio. This has strong benefits in both single-target and AoE, and has gameplay benefits that smooth out the Feral resource management aspect, and drops from Spires of Ascension. After this, we would advise you save onto any excess Soul Ash earned in case anything changes.
For a more detailed explanation of Legendary picks worth looking at, and when you should consider crafting or using them, look at our dedicated Legendary page below:
Conduits for Feral Druid
Best Potency Conduits for Feral Druid
- Sudden Ambush (from The Necrotic Wake)
- Taste for Blood (single-target) (from Sanguine Depths)
- Carnivorous Instinct (AoE) (from in Spires of Ascension)
Best Endurance Conduits for Feral Druid
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Feral Druid
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we always recommend using Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Many of the trinkets are good options, but there are none with exceptional benefits to the toolkit that you want to be aiming for. Some that are standouts from dungeons are:
- Darkmoon Card of Voracity
- Overcharged Anima Battery
- Inscrutable Quantum Device
- Bottled Flayedwing Toxin
- Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds (AoE)
Bloodmallet.com will also be updated for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
In many cases players often think too much about the specific distribution of secondary stats, when the most important rule tends to be that more stats is better than less. Especially going into Shadowlands with Agility rising to a high priority, this puts more of a focus on item level. This is not a hard rule but will often serve you well when evaluating gear so keep it in mind. For more specific information on stats though you can check our dedicated page below.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Feral Druid
At launch, with only dungeons being accessible, here is a list of some good pieces to hunt for. We have excluded open world drops due to the unreliability in getting hold of them, so use this is a guideline to find pieces to fill gaps in your gear. Trinkets are excluded, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Cool Way to Enter the Venthyr Covenant Sanctum in Sinfall
- Want to Know How Many Times You've Tried to Mount in the Maw but Couldn't?
- Torghast Boss One-shots, Cheesing, Crazy DPS and More
- Fast Plaguefall Hunter Legendary Farm Method
- Most Popular Classes and Specializations in Shadowlands on Icy Veins
- New In-Game Player Memorials in Silvermoon City?
- Sinrunner Blanchy's Alive Form Discovered
- Varok Saurfang's Mak'gora Cinematic Upscaled to 4K