Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Feral DPS Druid gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Feral Druid
Welcome to our Gear and BiS Page for Feral Druid for Dragonflight 10.2. Check this page to learn everything you need to know about gearing a Feral Druid, including the BiS Gear from all sources, Raiding, and Mythic+, information on the best Trinkets, Tier Sets, and much more.
BiS Gear Guide for Feral Druid
Feral aims for the highest item level pieces available for the bonus Agility, after that, Critical Strike and Mastery are the secondaries of choice. The only items that tend not to follow the item level rule is Jewelry, as these have no Agility. Thus, power is weighted more toward ideal secondary stats. Visit our Stats page for more details.
BiS Gear for Feral Druid
BiS List for Feral Druid
This list is the ideal DPS setup, including all sources available to us. This includes Crafting, Raids, Mythic+, and even The Great Vault. Therefore, think of this more as an end goal to work toward, as this list provides the most balanced end setup, assuming you have access to everything. All crafts use Draconic Missive of the Peerless unless otherwise stated.
|Weapon||Rashon, the Immortal Blaze (489)||Mythic Fyrakk, the Blazing|
|Alternative||Borrowed Time (489)||The Great Vault / Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Helm||Benevolent Embersage's Casque (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Tindral Sageswift|
|Neck||Eye of the Rising Flame (489)||Mythic Tindral Sageswift|
|Shoulder||Titanic Shouldersparks (489)||The Great Vault / Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Cloak||Mantle of Blazing Sacrifice (489)||Smolderon|
|Chest||Benevolent Embersage's Robe (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Nymue, Weaver of the Cycle|
|Bracers||Life-Bound Bindings (486)||Crafted by Leatherworking|
|Gloves||Benevolent Embersage's Talons (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Igira the Cruel|
|Belt||Belt of the Eternal Struggle (489)||The Great Vault / Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Legs||Benevolent Embersage's Leggings (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Boots||Toxic Thorn Footwraps (486)||Crafted by Leatherworking|
|Ring #1||Arch-Druid's Tainted Seal (489)||The Great Vault / Darkheart Thicket|
|Ring #2||Lord Waycrest's Signet (489)||The Great Vault / Waycrest Manor|
|Trinket #1||Cataclysmic Signet Brand (489)||Mythic Smolderon|
|Trinket #2||Witherbark's Branch (489)||The Great Vault / The Everbloom|
|Alternative||Accelerating Sandglass (489)||The Great Vault / Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond's Fall|
Mythic+ Gear BiS List for Feral Druid
This list contains the ideal options for each slot available from Mythic+ dungeons added in the Season 3 pool. These are items that are worth target farming if you are looking to gear up a character and have holes in your gear set. This does not include any Raid or Crafted items.
Note: this is not a list for the best gear to wear when doing Mythic+, and instead a list of the best gear available from these dungeons in each respective slot. For that, see the overall list.
|Weapon||Borrowed Time||Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Helm||Benevolent Embersage's Casque||Revival Catalyst|
|Neck||Chain of the Green Flight||Darkheart Thicket|
|Shoulder||Titanic Shouldersparks||Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Cloak||Drape of the Loyal Vassal||Atal'Dazar|
|Chest||Benevolent Embersage's Robe||Revival Catalyst|
|Bracers||Bracers of Dreadful Maladies||Waycrest Manor|
|Gloves||Benevolent Embersage's Talons||Revival Catalyst|
|Belt||Belt of the Eternal Struggle||Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise|
|Legs||Benevolent Embersage's Leggings||Revival Catalyst|
|Boots||Moss-Covered Wingtip Shoes||Waycrest Manor|
|Ring #1||Arch-Druid's Tainted Seal||Darkheart Thicket|
|Ring #2||Lord Waycrest's Signet||Waycrest Manor|
|Trinket #1||Witherbark's Branch||The Everbloom|
|Trinket #2||Accelerating Sandglass||Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond's Fall|
|Alternative||Porcelain Crab||Throne of the Tides|
Raid Gear BiS List for Feral Druid
This list provides the best item in each slot available within Amirdrassil if you need to inform your organized group of items you are looking out for. This does not include any Crafted pieces.
Note: this is not a list for the best gear to wear when Raiding, and instead a list of the best item available from the current raid in each slot. For that, see the overall list.
|Weapon||Rashon, the Immortal Blaze||Mythic Fyrakk, the Blazing|
|Alternative||Scythe of the Fallen Keeper||Mythic Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Helm||Benevolent Embersage's Casque||Tindral Sageswift|
|Neck||Eye of the Rising Flame||Tindral Sageswift|
|Shoulder||Strigine Epaulets||Council of Dreams|
|Cloak||Mantle of Blazing Sacrifice||Smolderon|
|Chest||Benevolent Embersage's Robe||Nymue, Weaver of the Cycle|
|Bracers||Verdant Sanctuary Bands||Council of Dreams|
|Gloves||Benevolent Embersage's Talons||Igira the Cruel|
|Belt||Vengeful Bladebeak Girdle||Amirdrassil Trash|
|Legs||Benevolent Embersage's Leggings||Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Boots||Tasseted Emberwalkers||Tindral Sageswift|
|Ring #1||Daydreamer's Glimmering Ring||Amirdrassil Trash|
|Ring #2||Band of Burning Thorns||Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Trinket #1||Cataclysmic Signet Brand||Mythic Smolderon|
|Trinket #2||Coiled Serpent Idol||Volcoross|
|Alternative||Pip's Emerald Friendship Badge||Council of Dreams|
Enchants and Sockets
If you have a new piece of gear containing prismatic sockets or are eligible to be enchanted, you can find everything you need to pick the best one for the job on our dedicated enchants page below.
"Simming" Yourself as a Feral Druid
Throughout this page and elsewhere in our guide, we regularly refer to the importance of simming yourself on Raidbots. This is because every character is unique, and each individual gear piece you have access to can change the overall balance and alter what is best right now for you.
While we do offer generic sim charts for Trinkets and offer recommendations, these are not complete replacements for simming yourself. The only way to truly optimize your character to that degree is by making use of the tools available!
If you are new to simming and Raidbots, check out our detailed guide below.
Tier Set Bonus for Feral Druid in Season 2
Dragonflight Set Bonuses
Amirdrassil Tier Set bonus for Feral Druid
Tier sets are unique bonuses tied to each Season of Dragonflight, comprised of 5 gear pieces. Bonuses are unlocked at 2 and 4 pieces equipped, and the Benevolent Embersage's Guidance confers the following bonuses:
- Druid Feral 10.2 Class Set 2pc - Casting Feral Frenzy grants Smoldering Frenzy for 8 seconds, increasing all damage you deal by 20%.
- Druid Feral 10.2 Class Set 4pc - Reduces the cooldown of Feral Frenzy by 15 seconds, and during Smoldering Frenzy, enemies burn for 10% of all damage you deal to them as Fire over 10 seconds.
Either of these bonuses makes Feral Frenzy a mandatory talent point to activate it. This puts your damage on a 30-second cooldown cycle aligned with each Feral Frenzy cast, in which you want to have all of your Bleed management set up before entering into the window. While active, you want to focus on filling it with high-value casts such as Ferocious Bite, so pooling is needed due to the short duration. It also opens up the option to play both Convoke the Spirits and, in some cases, reduce its cooldown via Ashamane's Guidance depending on encounter to get extra triggers.
When to Switch Set Bonuses
Ideally, you should aim to have the Season 3 4-piece set complete before committing to the swap. A lot of the value comes from the additional cooldown reduction gained from the 4-piece to support the extra Feral Frenzy which amplifies the 2-piece, so stick to the Aberrus set until then. With enough of an item level gap though, you can consider swapping early - use simulations to judge this.
Aberrus Tier Set bonus for Feral Druid
Tier sets are unique bonuses tied to each Season of Dragonflight, comprised of 5 gear pieces. Bonuses are unlocked at 2 and 4 pieces equipped, and the Strands of the Autumn Blaze confers the following bonuses:
- Druid Feral 10.1 Class Set 2pc - Auto attacks have a 25% chance to grant a stack of Shadows of the Predator, increasing Agility by 1% for 25 seconds. Each application above 5 has an increasing chance to reset back down to 2.
- Druid Feral 10.1 Class Set 4pc - When this reset occurs, gain Predator Revealed, increasing your Agility by an additional 8% and generating 1 Combo Point every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.
Both of these bonuses are very basic flat performance increases, providing background multipliers to Agility that you cannot really play around. The 4-piece proc does, however, mean you need to be aware of the slow trickle of additional Combo Points to avoid wasting them, allowing you to pause briefly at 4 Combo Points to reach 5 and then spend. Other than that, the bonus mostly just happens as you play.
When to Switch Set Bonuses
Ideally, you should aim to have the set complete before fully committing to the swap, as a lot of the power is in both the old and new 4-piece. Item level may slightly interfere with this as both bonuses are quite close, but generally, they both gain the most from investing fully in completing them and a double 2-piece combination is not recommended.
Vault of the Incarnates Tier Set Bonus for Feral Druid
The Lost Landcaller's Vesture bonuses from the Season 1 are still usable, and were as follows:
- Feral Druid 2pc increases Ferocious Bite and Rip damage by 6%.
- Feral Druid 4pc causes each Combo Point spent to increase the damage of Rip, Rake and Thrash by 2%, and also increase the chance for Shred, Rake, Brutal Slash, Swipe and Thrash to critically strike by 2% for 4 seconds.
These bonuses are solid and worth picking up as soon as possible. The 2-piece is simply a flat boost to finisher damage, which is hard to fault, and while the 4-piece looks more active, the core gameplay that Feral already engages in triggers this consistently, so it does not require any adjustment to your playstyle.
Best Crafted items for Feral Druid
With Dragonflight Professions, you can craft items with customizable stats in nearly all slots with up to Item Level 486. This means that for many non-tier slots, Crafted items are a competitive alternative when gearing quickly or to fill up gaps in your gearset.
If you want to learn more about the Crafting system in general and potentially craft your own items for less Gold, check out our dedicated page below.
Best Feral Druid Crafting Order
Best Crafting Order for Feral Druid
This is our general recommendation for the best Crafting Order. Due to Feral weapons costing two Sparks of Shadowflame and the high value of Embellishments, we opt into getting those crafted first. All crafts, unless otherwise stated, use a Draconic Missive of the Peerless wherever possible.
- Toxic Thorn Footwraps
- Life-Bound Bindings using Toxified Armor Patch
- Signet of Titanic Insight (with Alchemical Flavor Pocket)
If you are still struggling to acquire a weapon at this point, you can invest two sparks into an Obsidian Seared Halberd.
Due to the changes to Undulating Sporecloak, Feral at the launch of Patch 10.2 largely just defaults to the previously strong options. Toxic Thorn Footwraps has some issues with some items and effects wasting procs on the heal portion, and so Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch is an alternative for those that do not want to deal with that. Lastly, with roughly 7 gem slots, Elemental Lariat competes with all options.
Feral Druid Crafting Details
Embellishments either come set on items as standard or can be added with an optional reagent when crafting the piece. These provide additional bonuses (and in some cases quite large ones) but are limited to two. Due to there being so many options, here we explain in detail the ones available that are worth considering:
- Toxic Thorn Footwraps - these still do solid single-target damage despite the Patch 10.2 nerfs and is the recommended supporting embellishment. The downside is also extremely minor, so you should not worry about it.
- Toxified Armor Patch - can be applied to any Leather armor piece to double up on the value from Toxic Thorns, making it an alternative, even though it does increase the Stamina loss downside of using them.
- Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch - less committal than the above combo, and has less downsides, so can be considered if you are worried about the stamina loss.
- Elemental Lariat* - This is a great pick that works in more situations than the boots, but because it requires full sockets on gear, it is more a craft for later in the season.
- Undulating Sporecloak - Patch 10.2 has added Versatility while above 70% that can be easily maintained. Unfortunately, just prior to the release of the patch, both the offensive and defensive effects were heavily nerfed, making it hard to justify.
- Slimy Expulsion Boots* - these are weaker than the above alternative as the downside of losing Haste is more pronounced and as such you should avoid crafting these.
- Alchemical Flavor Pocket* - this does not require an Embellishment slot, and as such, it is worth using to avoid losing your Well Fed buff should you die.
Trinkets for Feral Druid in Season 3
There are a number of strong options available for Feral in Season 3 coming from a variety of different sources. Key ones to look for in order of strength are:
|Cataclysmic Signet Brand||Deals extremely high single-target damage but takes up to 3 minutes to fully ramp up. While the backlash damage is quite high, surviving through it is fine and definitely worth it. In Mythic+, on the other hand, the unreliability of maintaining it between pulls makes it more niche.|
|Witherbark's Branch||Grants a huge amount of Mastery when used, requiring a small mini-game of collecting orbs. These orbs stack, and it refreshes the buff with each orb collected, meaning you can either collect them all quickly or play to extend them. Feral generally tries to extend the second and third orb pickup for a total of 20 seconds or more, unless playing Convoke the Spirits where it grabs them all quickly.|
|Coiled Serpent Idol||Deals solid damage and has a failsafe for AoE if your target dies. Competes with other strong direct damage trinkets, but has some issues with AI and range on the procs that can limit its power.|
|Pip's Emerald Friendship Badge||Great all-rounder trinket that provides both passive stats and short extra bursts with a solid proc rate.|
|Porcelain Crab||Very consistent Mastery proc with some free Avoidance added in. While it does not provide as high of a proc as alternatives, the 40%+ uptime of the effect and added defense makes it a worthwhile pickup while you hunt for the ideal options.|
|Accelerating Sandglass||While nothing flashy, it does provide a solid amount of cycling Haste with additional damage at the end of each ramp. A good backup pick if you cannot get access to the stronger options.|
These are generic simulations from Bloodmallet, giving you a rough overview of strong Feral Druid Trinkets. It is not a replacement for simming yourself, but can still offer a quick reference point.
Check out the BiS Lists if you just want to know the best Trinkets from M+ and Raid.
BiS Trinkets for Feral Druid
Best Raiding & Single-Target Trinkets for Feral Druid
Best Mythic+ & AoE Trinkets for Feral Druid
- 07 Nov. 2023: Updated to remove Sporecloak recommendation, switched Toxic Thorn/Toxic Patch.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Restructured for Patch 10.1.7, information remains the same.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5 with megadungeon gear, and clarified crafting section.
- 25 May 2023: Added section on Cataclysm Timewalking.
- 09 May 2023: Updated to account for Trinket changes.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 and Season 2 release with new gear recommendations.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated for Primordial Gemstones hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated to account for Primordial Stone buffs.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7 with Onyx Annulet recommendations.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)