Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
1.1. How to Gear Before Raids
Gearing up to prepare to enter raids provides a lot of different options now that Battle for Azeroth has opened up the majority of different gear paths. You will ideally want to get yourself to a healthy item level before setting foot in either Uldir or Battle of Dazar'alor, and this can be done through a variety of different ways.
Remember to sim yourself a healthy amount when deciding on gear pieces to know what stats to aim for and which pieces to equip. The stats that you want to focus on will usually be decided by what build you are currently using (as defined by your Azerite), but Critical Strike and Mastery are both safe choices for most content types.
- World Quests will provide players with a variety of gear rewards for all slots, including Azerite. This will cap out at 340. Emissaries will also appear once a day that can potentially provide either an equipment piece or an Azerite piece, which will cap at item level 385 in Season 2.
- Reputation gives out rewards based on your status with the faction. For most factions, Honored awards a 320 cloak, Revered a 335 item, and Exalted gives a 350 piece. Champions of Azeroth awards a 355 item level Azerite Chest with the Iron Jaws trait. Additionally, each reputation level grants additional item level boosts to your Heart of Azeroth.
- Mythic+ rewards gear based upon the keystone level you complete:
- 2-3: 375
- 4: 380
- 5-6: 385
- 7: 390
- 8-9: 395
- 10: 400
- World Bosses in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras spawn weekly, and killing this grants a once a week for a chance at a 355 item level piece of gear. There is also a cycling World Boss tied to each Warfront, with Arathi granting up to 370 item level gear, and Darkshore up to 400 item level.
- Leatherworking can craft 355 item level Boots and Legs, which can be upgraded using Sanguicells from Uldir, up to 385 item level. Season 2 also adds new craftable versions of this item that require Breath of Bwonsamdi that can be raised to 415 item level.
- Engineering provides a craftable Azerite helm with unique traits, and can be upgraded in the same way as Leatherworking using Sanguicells and Breath of Bwonsamdi.
- Warfronts can be repeated as many times as you want, each rewarding a random piece of gear. Arathi will be set at 340, and Darkshore will be 355. Each time the Warfront becomes available, a one time quest will reward a higher item level piece, with Arathi being set at 370, and Darkshore at 400. These can only be done when your faction has the siege event open for each respective Warfront.
1.1.1. Weekly Mythic+ Chest
Along these same lines, you should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 10) will determine the final reward (current residuum values are estimates):
|Keystone Level||Weekly Chest Loot||Residuum Awarded|
1.2. Notable Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets and weapons are the two largest DPS increases available to any class in the game outside of Azerite pieces. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well.
There are a number of weapons available for Feral Druid, but many have less than ideal stats. Ideally you should be looking for weapons with as much Critical Strike as possible, and after that aim for Mastery:
- Royal Purifier's Spade — King's Rest
- Siegebreaker's Halberd — Siege of Boralus
- Twin-Strike Polearm — Temple of Sethraliss
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Feral are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Feral Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items. A quick recommendation of ideal pieces to aim for in Battle of Dazar'Alor and which traits to select can be seen below:
|Slot||Item||Trait 1||Trait 2||Trait 3|
|Helm||Cowl of Righteous Resolve||Wild Fleshrending||Jungle Fury||Overwhelming Power|
|Shoulder||Mestrah's Singing Spaulders||Jungle Fury||Gushing Lacerations||Gutripper|
|Chest||Mekkatorque's Bomber Jacket||Jungle Fury||Blood Mist||Heed My Call|
1.3. Recommended Battle of Dazar'alor Gear
Due to there only being one raid available at this point in Battle for Azeroth, this list will provide the ideal items available to you within it. This does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
1.3.1. Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of Champion of the Light, Grong and High Tinker Mekkatorque. This is due to there being strong Azerite options and weapons available, and are the quickest, strongest upgrades available.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2 with Battle for Dazar'Alor gear.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Brawler's Guild - Grandpa Grumplefoot