Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Feral Melee DPS Druid gear and best in slot.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Feral Druid
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Weekly Mythic+ Chest
You should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 15) will determine the final reward.
|Mythic+ Level||Loot iLvl - End of Dungeon||Loot iLvl - Weekly Chest||# of Loot - End of Dungeon||Titan Residuum in Weekly Chest|
There are a number of Rings that can be paired together to create a unique proc effect as long as you have one of each equipped. The "Logic Loop" rings will drop from the fourth boss, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit found within the Junkyard in Mythic+. The "Bit Band" rings will drop from the seventh boss, the Machinist's Garden within the Workshop. Ideally, the combinations of rings you want to pair for Feral are:
There is also the Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket provided from Mechagon island content, which can be filled with 3 different punchcards. Yellow provides secondary stat combinations, Red provides unique damage procs or active abilities, and Blue provides separate utility effects. You will only be concerned with Red and Yellow for performance purposes.
The overall item level of the trinket is dictated by the combined item level of the Red and Yellow punchcards placed in the slots of the trinket. Red and Yellow punchcards come from a number of sources, including the Operation: Mechagon dungeon, some rares on the island, Reputation rewards, and the Pascal-K1N6 Junkyard Tinkering.
Ideally, you want to aim for a Yellow punchcard that provides high Mastery and low Critical Strike when using this trinket (namely an Optimized Logic Board). For Red punchcards, currently the strongest option is Cyclotronic Blast, which gives an on-use single-target damage effect, but is interrupted by other ability casts. This is easy to access, as it is purchased for Gold when you reach revered with the Rustbolt Resistance. This provides a strong burst on-use effect with the cast, and Feral has ample opportunity to find gaps in its rotation to get the full channel off. Alternatively you can acquire higher item level versions of Subroutine: Overclock or Subroutine: Recalibration.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Feral are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Feral Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items. There are strong pieces available within Ny'alotha however that provide a great set of traits, though you can get superior options if using the Titan Residuum vendor:
|Shoulder||Gorak Tul's Mantle|
|Chest||Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass|
Ny'alotha Best in Slot
This list only includes gear obtained within Ny'alotha, but the extra notes beneath have some extra points to consider. Due to this being the final tier, there are a lot of legacy gearing choices that are still relevant, so they are especially useful to consider as options. As always, using the Top Gear feature in Raidbots is recommended, to make sure you are making the right choice. All these selections are also not taking into account any Corruption you may have acquired on the pieces. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the section above.
|Helm||Gibbering Maw||Ra-den the Despoiled in Ny'alotha|
|Shoulder||Pauldrons of the Great Convergence||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Legendary Cloak acquired from 8.3 Intro Quest|
|Chest||Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Bracers of Dark Prophecy||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Chitinspine Gloves||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Cord of Anguished Cries||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh in Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Macabre Ritual Pants||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Corpuscular Leather Greaves||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ichorspine Loop||Drest'agath in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Ring of Collective Consciousness||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Weapons||An'zig Vra||Maut in Ny'alotha|
|Alternative||Qwor N'lyeth||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of Maut, The Hivemind, and Carapace of N'Zoth. This is to make sure you can get hold of a strong Corruption effect on your weapon and strong Azerite. An alternative if you already have a weapon is N'Zoth the Corruptor for more Azerite choices.
Other Noteworthy Pieces
While the above list focuses solely on the raid, there are also some very powerful alternatives that you may find uses for:
- Both Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band, when paired together, are the ideal rings to make use of if you can acquire them from Mythic+. These will outdo raid options if at relatively similar item level, so also watch out for these if you can get hold of the set.
- While trinkets are not listed, bear in mind that both Ashvane's Razor Coral and Dribbling Inkpod are likely to remain relevant currently within Ny'alotha, due to how strong these individual items are.
- 24 Apr. 2020: Moved Corruption to a separate page.
- 22 Jan. 2020: Updated with BiS from Ny'alotha, and some note tweaks for other notable pieces.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3 with new Corruption details, BiS to follow.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Updated with Benthic, Operation: Mechagon, and Eternal Palace specific details.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Reviewed and updated for Season 3 release and The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2 with Battle for Dazar'alor gear.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Reputation Gains Increased By 60% This Week
- A Massive Pre-expansion Event? Beta? What Can We Expect from the Shadowlands Reveal Event?
- Cataclysm Timewalking (July 7th - July 14th)
- Death Knights & Demon Hunters Start At Level 8/10 in Shadowlands
- Authenticator Extra Bag Slots Missing Fix
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Ahn'Qiraj 1.13.5 Patch Notes
- World's Fastest Blackwing Lair Clear by Onslaught (19:10)
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through July 10th