Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Feral Druid
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Weekly Mythic+ Chest
You should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 15) will determine the final reward.
|Mythic+ Level||Loot iLvl - End of Dungeon||Loot iLvl - Weekly Chest||# of Loot - End of Dungeon||Titan Residuum in Weekly Chest|
There are a number of Rings that can be paired together to create a unique proc effect as long as you have one of each equipped. The "Logic Loop" rings will drop from the fourth boss, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit found within the Junkyard in Mythic+. The "Bit Band" rings will drop from the seventh boss, the Machinist's Garden within the Workshop. Ideally, the combinations of rings you want to pair for Feral are:
There is also the Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket provided from Mechagon island content, which can be filled with 3 different punchcards. Yellow provides secondary stat combinations, Red provides unique damage procs or active abilities, and Blue provides separate utility effects. You will only be concerned with Red and Yellow for performance purposes.
The overall item level of the trinket is dictated by the combined item level of the Red and Yellow punchcards placed in the slots of the trinket. Red and Yellow punchcards come from a number of sources, including the Operation: Mechagon dungeon, some rares on the island, Reputation rewards, and the Pascal-K1N6 Junkyard Tinkering.
Ideally, you want to aim for a Yellow punchcard that provides high Mastery and low Critical Strike when using this trinket (namely an Optimized Logic Board). For Red punchcards, currently the strongest option is Cyclotronic Blast, which gives an on-use single-target damage effect, but is interrupted by other ability casts. This is easy to access, as it is purchased for Gold when you reach revered with the Rustbolt Resistance. This provides a strong burst on-use effect with the cast, and Feral has ample opportunity to find gaps in its rotation to get the full channel off. Alternatively you can acquire higher item level versions of Subroutine: Overclock or Subroutine: Recalibration.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature (see our guide on Corrupted Items). It replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. It gives items a type of affix, as well as an amount of Corruption. Corruption is a stat that negatively impacts your character the more of it that you have, but the more Corruption you have, the more powerful the affixes will be. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
Noteable Corruptions for Feral Druid
We have provided simulations below for all the different Corruptions, but we still feel the need to explain why some Corruptions are good and so on, as simulations rarely tell the full story.
Secondary Stat Passives:
All of these are heavily dependant on what secondaries are present on your gear, meaning that simulations and the Top Gear tool on Raidbots are very useful. All 4 of the secondary options will scale variably based on what you have equipped, Feral having relative parity between secondaries (in most cases) you should see these all give similar results. Some specific cases may cause others to be more valuable however, such as the added Critical Strike from Jungle Fury if equipped.
Strikethrough provides an amplification to all Critical Strikes you deal. While this does add a respectable amount (getting better with the more Critical Strike you have), its DPS per Corruption value can also compete with some secondaries, largely due to the high amount of Critical Strike already available for Feral.
Corruption Proc Effects
- Infinite Stars is very heavily weighted toward single target situations due to the star debuff requiring high uptime, and time to stack. This falls off quickly in AoE, meaning that you should be aware of its limitations despite its performance.
- Echoing Void provides the best DPS-per-Corruption bar none, in both single-target and AoE situations. This is currently expected to be the go to Corruption if you have it available, but has strong competition from some of the passive options.
- Twilight Devastation is currently simming slightly worse than in practice, and provides high AoE burst. Unfortunately it is particularly poor in single-target, meaning that you need to know the situation when this is appropriate to use due to its high Corruption cost.
- Gushing Wound is a single-target randomly procced DoT, but is very efficient per point of Corruption and scales well with Haste as well.
- Racing Pulse and Surging Vitality both provide the best options for secondary stat procs. The former has a very short duration so can be wasted, and the latter requires you to be taking damage to trigger it. This means you need to be aware if you are using these two options of the drawbacks as they are quite average DPS-per-Corruption.
Corruption Weapon for Feral Druid
An'zig Vra is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Feral Druids. It comes with the Devour Vitality Corruption Affix, which causes your auto attacks to have a 25% chance to deal 2% of your Maximum Health to your target, and Heal for the same amount. This provides a good single target boost though doesn't scale up at all on multiple targets, so while good and easier to access than other RNG Corruption effects, isn't spectacular.
Corruption Simulations for Feral Druid
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruptions.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Feral can very easily deal with the Grasping Tendrils slow, both Fel Rush by simply shapeshifting out of it if it spawns at an inopportune time.
- Eye of Corruption can be moved out of due to Cat Form's innate extra movement speed, but Dash provides an emergency option if it catches you off guard.
- Mighty Bash stuns will cause the add to despawn, but as this puts you closer to the target may not be ideal. You can also opt into Typhoon to knock it away. Feral's high mobility and access to tools such as Balance Affinity should allow you to stand at a safe range and stay active.
- Inevitable Doom indicates you have invested too much corruption on your gear, and should probably consider removing some pieces as the damage taken increase and healing taken reduction will likely be overwhelming.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Feral are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Feral Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items. There are strong pieces available within Ny'alotha however that provide a great set of traits, though you can get superior options if using the Titan Residuum vendor:
|Shoulder||Gorak Tul's Mantle|
|Chest||Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass|
Ny'alotha Best in Slot
This list only includes gear obtained within Ny'alotha, but the extra notes beneath have some extra points to consider. Due to this being the final tier, there are a lot of legacy gearing choices that are still relevant, so they are especially useful to consider as options. As always, using the Top Gear feature in Raidbots is recommended, to make sure you are making the right choice. All these selections are also not taking into account any Corruption you may have acquired on the pieces. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the section above.
|Helm||Gibbering Maw||Ra-den the Despoiled in Ny'alotha|
|Shoulder||Pauldrons of the Great Convergence||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Legendary Cloak acquired from 8.3 Intro Quest|
|Chest||Tortured Fleshbeast Cuirass||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Bracers of Dark Prophecy||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Chitinspine Gloves||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Cord of Anguished Cries||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh in Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Macabre Ritual Pants||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Corpuscular Leather Greaves||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ichorspine Loop||Drest'agath in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Ring of Collective Consciousness||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Weapons||An'zig Vra||Maut in Ny'alotha|
|Alternative||Qwor N'lyeth||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of Maut, The Hivemind, and Carapace of N'Zoth. This is to make sure you can get hold of a strong Corruption effect on your weapon and strong Azerite. An alternative if you already have a weapon is N'Zoth the Corruptor for more Azerite choices.
Other Noteworthy Pieces
While the above list focuses solely on the raid, there are also some very powerful alternatives that you may find uses for:
- Both Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band, when paired together, are the ideal rings to make use of if you can acquire them from Mythic+. These will outdo raid options if at relatively similar item level, so also watch out for these if you can get hold of the set.
- While trinkets are not listed, bear in mind that both Ashvane's Razor Coral and Dribbling Inkpod are likely to remain relevant currently within Ny'alotha, due to how strong these individual items are.
- 22 Jan. 2020: Updated with BiS from Ny'alotha, and some note tweaks for other notable pieces.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3 with new Corruption details, BiS to follow.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Updated with Benthic, Operation: Mechagon, and Eternal Palace specific details.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Reviewed and updated for Season 3 release and The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2 with Battle for Dazar'alor gear.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 22.214.171.124411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide