Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
How to Gear Before Raids
Gearing up to prepare to enter raids provides a lot of different options now that Battle for Azeroth has opened up the majority of different gear paths. You will ideally want to get yourself to a healthy item level before setting foot in either Uldir, Battle of Dazar'alor, or The Eternal Palace, and this can be done through a variety of different ways.
Remember to sim yourself a healthy amount when deciding on gear pieces to know what stats to aim for and which pieces to equip. The stats that you want to focus on will usually be decided by what build you are currently using (as defined by your Azerite), but Critical Strike and Mastery are both safe choices for most content types.
- World Quests will provide players with a variety of gear rewards for all slots, including Azerite. This will cap out at 340. Emissaries will also appear once a day that can potentially provide either an equipment piece or an Azerite piece, which will cap at item level 385 in Season 2.
- Reputation gives out rewards based on your status with the faction. For most factions, Honored awards a 320 cloak, Revered a 335 item, and Exalted gives a 350 piece. Champions of Azeroth awards a 355 item level Azerite Chest with the Iron Jaws trait. Additionally, each reputation level grants additional item level boosts to your Heart of Azeroth.
- Mythic+ rewards gear based upon the keystone level you complete:
- 2-3: 405
- 4: 410
- 5-6: 415
- 7: 420
- 8-9: 425
- 10: 430
- World Bosses spawn in the following areas and cycles with the following
- Zandalar/Kul'Tiras (Weekly): 355 Item Level
- Arathi Highlands (Warfront Patrols): 370 Item Level
- Darkshore (Warfront Patrols): 400 Item Level
- Nazjatar (Weekly): 415 Item Level
- Leatherworking can craft 410 item level Boots and Legs, that can be upgraded to 425 and then 440 with unlocks to the Abyssal Focus in Nazjatar. These also come with a socket baseline.
- Engineering provides a craftable Azerite helm with unique traits, and can be upgraded in the same way as Leatherworking via the Abyssal Forge.
- Warfronts can be repeated as many times as you want, each rewarding a random piece of gear. Arathi will be set at 340, and Darkshore will be 355. Each time the Warfront becomes available, a one time quest will reward a higher item level piece, with Arathi being set at 370, and Darkshore at 400. These can only be done when your faction has the siege event open for each respective Warfront.
Weekly Mythic+ Chest
Along these same lines, you should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 10) will determine the final reward (current residuum values are estimates):
|Keystone Level||Weekly Chest Loot||Residuum Awarded|
Benthic Gear Options
With the release of patch 8.2, Benthic gear is available via vendors in Nazjatar and can be purchased and upgraded using Prismatic Manapearls. These tokens can also roll sockets and tertiary stats, making them very desirable to pick up if you can acquire these bonuses before spending the resources to upgrade them. A number of pieces have additional effects active exclusively in Nazjatar and The Eternal Palace that do not impact the stat budget, and are therefore very powerful options:
- Ori's Tidal Wristwraps — Bracers that deal Frost damage to your target and slow them with a 1.5 (scaling with Haste) RPPM. Strong damage effect for free and good base stats on the item.
- Fathomstalker Wristwraps — Bracers that proc a Pufferfish, which will detonate after 3 seconds to nearby enemies, dealing Physical damage with a 1.5 (scaling with Haste) RPPM. Good damage effect for free and perfect base stats on the item.
- Akana's Reefstrider Footwraps — Boots that grant 3% increased Critical Strike damage bonus, which is an incredibly strong effect, and have good base stats on the item.
- Poen's Deepsea Grips — Gloves that deal Frost damage to your target on a 3 (scaling with Haste) RPPM, but with weaker base stats.
- Fathomstalker Waistband — Belt that increases all damage dealt to Aberration type enemies by 2%, making it a great piece specifically for Orgozoa and Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha, but with average base stats.
- Vim's Scalecrusher Clasp — Belt that deals Physical damage to nearby enemies on a 1.5 (scaling with Haste) RPPM with average base stats.
All of these pieces can be upgraded up to item level 425 for a total cost of 220 Manapearls from the base level. Some of these effects are powerful enough (assuming you have a socket present) to compete with even Mythic level items currently. Note however that these are only relevant as raid items, as they are not active when outside of Nazjatar or The Eternal Palace.
Patch 8.2 and the release of Season 3 has also unlocked the new mega-dungeon Operation: Mechagon, which provides items with a base item level of 415. If completed on hard mode, this will also provide a 430 Azerite Helm from King Mechagon to one player in the group. Some of the unique effects within here can be potentially useful, and some items to look out for are:
- Remote Guidance Device can be powerful as a burst damage option with some Essence choices Feral takes, and due to being an on-use effect, can be especially helpful to prop up burst AoE concerns.
- Mekgineer's Mindbending Headgear is the 430 Azerite Helm available from completing the dungeon on Hard Mode. This lacks Jungle Fury, but has some reasonable traits to make it a good go between until you get better pieces.
There are also a number of Rings that can be paired together to create a unique proc effect, as long as you have one of each equipped. The "Logic Loop" rings will drop from the fourth boss, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. The "Bit Band" rings will drop from the seventh boss, the Machinist's Garden. Ideally, the combinations of rings you want to pair for Feral is:
Lastly, there is also the Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket provided from Mechagon island content, which can be filled with 3 different punchcards. Yellow provides secondary stat combinations, Red provides unique damage procs or active abilities, and Blue provides separate utility effects. You will only be concerned with Red and Yellow for performance purposes.
The overall item level of the trinket is dictated by the combined item level of the Red and Yellow punchcards placed in the slots of the trinket. Red and Yellow punchcards come from a number of sources, including the Operation: Mechagon dungeon, some rares on the island, Reputation rewards, and the Pascal-K1N6 Junkyard Tinkering.
Ideally, you want to aim for a Yellow punchcard that provides high Mastery and low Critical Strike when using this trinket (namely an Optimized Logic Board). For Red punchcards, currently the strongest option is Cyclotronic Blast, which gives an on-use single-target damage effect, but is interrupted by other ability casts. This is easy to access, as it is purchased for Gold when you reach revered with the Rustbolt Resistance. This provides a strong burst on-use effect with the cast, and Feral has ample opportunity to find gaps in its rotation to get the full channel off.
Notable Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets and weapons are the two largest DPS increases available to any class in the game outside of Azerite pieces. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well.
There are a number of weapons available for Feral Druid, but many have less than ideal stats. Ideally you should be looking for weapons with as much Critical Strike as possible, and after that aim for Mastery:
- Shiver Venom Lance — Abyssal Commander Sivara
- Royal Purifier's Spade — King's Rest
- Siegebreaker's Halberd — Siege of Boralus
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Feral are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Feral Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items. A quick recommendation of ideal pieces to aim for in Season 3 and which traits to select can be seen below:
|Helm||Shroud of Unmooring Whispers|
|Chest||Raiment of the Blighted Tribe|
Eternal Palace Items
Notes on Unusual Eternal Palace Effects
The Eternal Palace comes with a number of specific pieces that have very unique effects that may not be immediately clear how strong they are. This is mostly tied to trinkets and weapons, but there are also separate pieces to look out for:
- Shiver Venom Lance has a 3 RPPM chance (scaling with your Haste). This deals a large amount of Frost damage. If the target is afflicted by Shiver Venom (provided via the caster trinket Shiver Venom Relic used by other players in your group) it will deal additional Nature damage to the target and other nearby enemies within 12 yards. While this weapon comes with less secondary stats, the damage effect is potent enough that this is a very powerful weapon that is worth picking up.
- Dribbling Inkpod has an 8 RPPM chance to trigger (scaling with your Haste). This will accumulate charges as long as the target is above 30% Health and can stack infinitely. When they drop below the 30% threshold, these stacks will all detonate, dealing Nature damage relative to the number of stacks. This can be extremely potent for any execute-oriented fight, and you can potentially have a very high number of stacks before entering into these windows. Note however, the debuff does only have a 1-minute duration, so do not let the stacks fall off!
- Vision of Demise on the surface is quite simple, with a 1-minute cooldown Haste buff for 10 seconds. The added effect, however, grants additional Haste for every 10% Health your target is missing, meaning that if you activate it on low HP adds, you can amplify this trinket's on-use effect by over 100% with clever use.
- Azshara's Font of Power does pause our rotation, but due to downtime present in the Feral rotation we can find room to channel this without a significant loss. This can be paired with periods of high damage (such as Berserk or Tiger's Fury windows). This means, if you can find a clean window to do a full 4-second channel for the 30-second buff, this can significantly amplify your damage at key periods in certain encounters.
- Ashvane's Razor Coral is currently looking to be the ideal choice from Eternal Palace due to the double dip of the damaging effect plus the secondary boost. The Coral effect when applied by the on-use has a 6 RPPM, so you can also rack up a sizeable Critical Strike boost by re-activating it if you hold it for the right time.
Queen Azshara gear also drops 3 items that have unique effects, two of which are tied to the Storm of the Eternal trigger. This happens once every 2 minutes, and both items with this flag will go off at the same time reliably.
- Beloved Monarch's Waistwrap provides a buff for 10 seconds when Storm of the Eternal triggers every 2 minutes. The average bonus Critical Strike this provides at Heroic item level is 75, meaning this is effectively free stats for your raid that come alongside perfect stats for us.
- Gloves of Incomparable Beauty will deal Arcane damage 3 times to a random nearby enemy within 60 yards. This is effectively free damage and while not a huge amount, is worth considering.
- Cursed Lover's Ring weak secondary stats, but allows you to bind to another user of the ring. When bound, for every 5 seconds and within 20 yards, this will check if you have more Health, and if you do, you will sacrifice a small amount to heal them. This also works in reverse, allowing players to bind to you and heal you in the same way.
Eternal Palace Best in Slot
This list does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
|Helm||Shroud of Unmooring Whispers||Za'qul, Harbinger of Nya'lotha in The Eternal Palace|
|Shoulder||Tidal Drifter's Shoulders||Orgozoa in The Eternal Palace|
|Cloak||Cloak of Ill Tidings||Za'qul, Harbinger of Nya'lotha in The Eternal Palace|
|Chest||Tunic of the Sycophant||The Queen's Court in The Eternal Palace|
|Wrists||Cultured Pearl Armbands||Lady Ashvane in The Eternal Palace|
|Gloves||Gloves of Incomparable Beauty||Queen Azshara in The Eternal Palace|
|Belt||Beloved Monarch's Waistwrap||Queen Azshara in The Eternal Palace|
|Legs||Formcrafter's Pants||Orgozoa in The Eternal Palace|
|Boots||Ardent Worshipper's Boots||The Queen's Court in The Eternal Palace|
|Ring #1||Ring of the Highborne Courtier||The Queen's Court in The Eternal Palace|
|Ring #2||Boralus Noble's Seal||Lady Ashvane in The Eternal Palace|
|Weapons||Shiver Venom Lance||Abyssal Commander Sivara in The Eternal Palace|
|Alternative||Aqua-Pulse Trident||Orgozoa in The Eternal Palace|
Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of Abyssal Commander Sivara, Lady Ashvane, and Queen Azshara. This is due to there being strong trinket options, Azerite and weapons available, and are the quickest, strongest upgrades available.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Updated with Benthic, Operation: Mechagon, and Eternal Palace specific details.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Reviewed and updated for Season 3 release and The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2 with Battle for Dazar'alor gear.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Ny'alotha Raid Testing - October 17th and 18th
- Ny'alotha Plate Raid Sets Preview
- N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3
- New Essences in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Updated on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR
- Alpaca Mount Fixed on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations
- Assassination Rogue PvP 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Lock Destru bad dps improvement
- Il'gynoth Whispers 8.3 SPOILERS
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- Mission Table - Guide
- Hunter Macro
- Post your Transmog