Feral Druid DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Feral Melee DPS Druid gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Feral Druid
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Feral Druid, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
You can find information on what to enchant on any new piece of gear you acquire on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Feral Druid
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Gearing Early in Shadowlands as a Feral Druid
Now that Shadowlands Season 1 has begun, the majority of your gear will be coming from more focused activities such as Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or your weekly Vault cache. However, you can still augment your choices with the following activities:
- Covenant Callings: these are daily emissary quests that can provide powerful gear pieces, and also grant Conduits when completed.
- Covenant Campaign: This will give you a full set of gear that can be upgraded with Anima up to 197, and when complete also gives a single 187 weapon token.
- The Maw: the Wrath of the Jailer event in The Maw has a chance to drop item level 183 gear once a week.
- Battlegrounds: you can exchange Honor points earned in PvP to upgrade PvP gear up to item level 197.
- Mythic dungeons: Regular Mythic dungeons can be done once per week with access to gear up to item level 184.
- Reputations: raising reputation with each zone's faction allows you to buy gear at Honored and Exalted.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Feral Druid
However, more focused options such as Draught of Deep Focus and Apex Predator's Craving can also be considered depending on content. For a more detailed explanation on each Legendary option you can check our dedicated page below:
Conduits for Feral Druid
Best Potency Conduits for Feral Druid
- Sudden Ambush (from The Necrotic Wake)
- Taste for Blood (single-target) (from Sanguine Depths)
- Carnivorous Instinct (AoE) (from Spires of Ascension)
Best Endurance Conduits for Feral Druid
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Feral Druid
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we always recommend using Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
In many cases players often think too much about the specific distribution of secondary stats, when the most important rule tends to be that more stats is better than less. Especially going into Shadowlands with Agility rising to a high priority, this puts more of a focus on item level. This is not a hard rule but will often serve you well when evaluating gear so keep it in mind. For more specific information on stats though you can check our dedicated page below.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Feral Druid
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Note that as of Patch 9.0.5 these items can also be upgraded all the way up to item level 220 via the new Valor system; if possible, hunting these items and upgrading them to fill any gaps in your gear is ideal.
Recommended Castle Nathria for Feral Druid
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Castle Nathria raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
Note that the weapons in Castle Nathria come from Venerated Anima Spherules which are tokens. These provide different weapons depending on your covenant (these have the same stats, but different appearances), but all require this token to purchase.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5; added note regarding Valor.
- 20 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards; removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1 release.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Druid Cheetah Travel Form Jump Animation on the 9.1 PTR
- The Infinite Pirate Dragon Boss Preview: Will It Be a Mount?
- Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes: April 19th
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 19th
- WoW Classic Patch 1.13.7 Patch Notes
- Great Tips for Getting the Slime Serpent Secret Mount
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 6: Assassination's Slow and Steady Rise
- Pro Tip: Do Not Waste Your Polished Pet Charms on Pet Portals