Feral Druid DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Feral Druid. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Feral Druid
The stat priority for Feral Druid is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Haste remains the strongest secondary at all times due to the impact it has on your Bleed tick rates.
With the updates in Patch 8.1, Feral leans heavily into secondary stats over primaries, with a strong focus on Critical Strike due to the Haste rating buff removal. There are no fixed ratios to aim for, however, and generally your stat weights will follow this pattern, unless you strongly neglect something. Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as, due to this, the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Feral Druid Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage. Your Combo Point-generating abilities such as Shred also grant an extra Combo Point when they Critically Strike.
Mastery, through Mastery: Razor Claws, increases the damage of your Bleed effects and finishing moves. This gains in value in multiple target situations where you have multiple instances of the same Bleed spread across different targets.
Haste increases attack speed, Energy regeneration and the tick rate of your Bleed DoT effects. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.750 seconds. Feral Druids also gain 50% additional Haste from rating on gear.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
3. Advanced Feral Druid Stats
When considering these stat priorities, be aware that Feral has a good amount of synergy between each of them, so going too far into one direction can in some cases have negative effects. Try to generally aim for Critical Strike as much as possible, and a balance of Mastery and Haste after this. Still play close attention, however, to simulations of your gear that indicate trends with stats you may be neglecting.
- 15 Dec. 2018: Updated with new APL information regarding new stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated to change note regarding Mastery and Finishing Moves.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 8.2: Rise of Azshara
- Trial of Style Season 4 (March 20th - March 24th)
- This Week in WoW: March 19th
- Realm Maintenance Podcast Episode #281
- Support WoW Esports Programs with Your Toy Purchase
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Brawler's Guild - Grandpa Grumplefoot
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Brewmaster Monk 8.1
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1
- Brawler's Guild - Ogrewatch
- Fire Mage 8.1