Feral Druid DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Feral Druid. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. The Basics of Stats for Feral Druid
The stat priority for Feral Druid is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Feral currently leans heavily into secondary stats over primaries, with a strong focus on Critical Strike and Mastery. There are no fixed ratios to aim for, however, and generally your stat weights will follow this pattern, unless you strongly neglect something. Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as due to this, the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Feral Druid Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage. Your Combo Point-generating abilities such as Shred also grant an extra Combo Point when they Critically Strike.
Mastery, through Mastery: Razor Claws, increases the damage of your Bleed effects and finishing moves. This gains in value in multiple target situations where you have multiple instances of the same Bleed spread across different targets.
Haste increases attack speed, Energy regeneration and the tick rate of your Bleed DoT effects. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.750 seconds. Feral Druids also gain 50% additional Haste from rating on gear.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
3. Advanced Feral Druid Stats
When considering these stat priorities, be aware that Feral has a good amount of synergy between each of them, so going too far into one direction can in some cases have negative effects. Try to generally aim for Critical Strike and Mastery as your focus. Still, pay close attention with this rule in mind to simulations of your gear that show trends with stats you may be neglecting.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 01 May 2019: Removed some redundant text and moved Agility to bottom.
- 15 Dec. 2018: Updated with new APL information regarding new stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated to change note regarding Mastery and Finishing Moves.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Classic Spotlight: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 12th
- Beguiling Affix - Void-Touched Emissary Nerf: July 12th
- 3 Days of WoW Game Time for Inactive Players
- WoW Classic Beta Ends Today
- Aqueous Reliquary Drop Clarifications
- Hunter Beta Issues - Not a Bug, Fixed and Actual Bugs
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 11th
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Completely lost here on Icy-Veins
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- One with the Pack - How much Crit?
- Operation: Mechagon Dungeon