Feral Druid DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Feral Druid. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Feral DPS Druid stat priority.
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Feral Druid is:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the dominant stat, meaning that item level reigns supreme. Critical Strike remains the most consistently powerful option due to the additional Combo Points it provides on top of damage, with Mastery coming in close behind and doing well in AoE due to Primal Wrath. You should still, however, always make sure to simulate your own character via Raidbots, and compare items against each other rather than relying on stat weights or rules.
As we are late into the expansion the effects of secondary diminishing returns limit are more likely to kick in as well. After reaching 30% (from rating) of any given stat, you will start to receive a penalty that reduces the gain from more of the same stat over this threshold.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are often dictated by the ideal stat that you are using. You can check our recommendations on our dedicated consumables page.
Getting a Better Understanding of Feral Druid Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage. Your Combo Point-generating abilities such as Shred also grant an extra Combo Point when they Critically Strike.
Mastery, through Mastery: Razor Claws, increases the damage of your Bleed effects and finishing moves. This gains in value in multi-target situations where you have multiple instances of the same Bleed spread across different targets.
Haste increases attack speed, Energy regeneration and the tick rate of your Bleed DoT effects. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.75 seconds, and the recharge rate of Brutal Slash.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
Advanced Feral Druid Stats
When considering these stat priorities, be aware that Feral has a good amount of synergy between each of them, so going too far into one direction can in some cases have negative effects. Try to generally aim for Critical Strike and Mastery as your focus. Still, pay close attention with this rule in mind to simulations of your gear that show trends with stats you may be neglecting.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4