Fire Mage DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Fire Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics for Fire Mage
Fire is a well rounded specialization that largely relies on planning windows of burst in advance. Generally speaking, it is not very keybind taxing, though the amount of actions executed in short succession can easily overwhelm less seasoned players. In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
3. Talent Choice for Fire Mage
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. The talents recommended here aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Searing Touch
- Level 30: Shimmer
- Level 45: Incanter's Flow
- Level 60: Flame On
- Level 75: Frenetic Speed
- Level 90: Conflagration or Living Bomb on huge groups of enemies
- Level 100: Pyroclasm
4. Stat Choice for Fire Mage
You will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike.
We recommend you prioritize item levels over specific stats, as they are all extremely close in value.
If you want more information about how to properly gear yourself we highly recommend you read the gear page.
5. Basic Rotation for Fire Mage
Below we have outlined a basic priority list for Fire Mages.
- Use Combustion when available. Save your Fire Blasts for this cooldown so you can alternate between Pyroblast and Fire Blast for most of Combustion.
- Hard-cast (non-instant) Pyroblast when Pyroclasm procs.
- Cast Pyroblast when you have Hot Streak. Cast Flamestrike instead if there are 5+ targets stacked.
- Use Living Bomb if there are 3+ targets present.
- Cast Fireball as a filler to generate Heating Up. When the enemy reaches 30% Health or lower, replace Fireball with Scorch (because of Searing Touch).
- Use Fire Blast to get Hot Streaks when you have Heating Up.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 19 Aug. 2018: Updated for expected stats for a pre-raid character.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement