Fire Mage DPS Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.0.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Fire Mage in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
Fire Mage in Mythic+
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Fire Mage Mythic+ Rotation
Although the base rotations outlined in the standard rotation page still apply to Mythic+, Mythic+ usually has different types of damage requirements than raids do. If you are unsure about the standard rotations of Fire, check out our rotation page below.
The main decision to be made on most packs is whether you focus down a priority target by using your Hot Streaks on Pyroblast or on Flamestrike. Focusing down a priority target still does decent AoE damage by spreading Mastery: Ignite via Phoenix Flames, but the overall DPS will be lower than spending your Hot Streaks on Flamestrike. Generally, you will want to burst down priority targets first, but if all enemies in a pack are roughly equal priority, you will want to use Flamestrike instead. If you are running Flame Patch, you will also want to hardcast (cast without Hot Streak) Flamestrike from 3 targets and up if you decide to go the AoE damage route instead of priority damage route.
Fire Mage Utility
The main reason to bring a Fire Mage to a Mythic+ group is for its damage, but aside from that, it also has some very valuable utility which makes every Mythic+ group want at least one Mage:
- Arcane Intellect is a big boost for both the other caster DPS in the group, as well as additional healing for the healer.
- Time Warp is a required cooldown for any Mythic+ group.
- Remove Curse can be useful to dispel Curses in some dungeons.
- A Fire Mage adds some crowd-control in the form of Polymorph and Dragon's Breath.
- Spellsteal can be useful in some dungeons to remove dangerous buffs from enemy targets. Sometimes it can also be used as a big DPS boost for the Fire Mage by Spellstealing beneficial buffs that increase your damage.
Mythic+ Talents for Fire Mage
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+, these talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Firestarter||✗ Pyromaniac||✓ Searing Touch|
|25||✗ Blazing Soul||✓ Shimmer||✗ Blast Wave|
|30||? Incanter's Flow||✗ Focus Magic||✓ Rune of Power|
|35||✓ Flame On||✗ Alexstrasza's Fury||✗ From the Ashes|
|40||✓ Frenetic Speed||✗ Ice Ward||✗ Ring of Frost|
|45||✓ Flame Patch||✗ Conflagration||✗ Living Bomb|
|50||✓ Kindling||✗ Pyroclasm||✗ Meteor|
Shadowlands Season 1 Affix: Prideful
You will want to make sure that your cooldowns are ready, or close to ready, once you defeat the Manifestation of Pride, as you get a 30% bonus damage buff after beating the Manifestation, allowing you to burst extra hard after defeating the Manifestation. Other than that, this new affix does not do anything special for Fire Mages that you can really interact with.
Trinket Considerations for Fire Mage in Mythic+
When choosing your trinkets, we recommend simulating yourself on Raidbots using the Patchwerk option for raids and single-target, and selecting multiple boss targets for simulating Mythic+ or add target fights. Usually, we recommend using trinkets that proc stats, rather than single-target damage dealers for Mythic+.
You can also get a quick overview of good Mythic+ Trinkets on our Gearing page, specifically the Simulation chart for multi-target scenarios.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands season 1.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1