Fire Mage DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Fire Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Fire Mage in Mythic+
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Fire Mage Mythic+ Rotation
Both the single target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Fire Mage DPS rotation, refer back to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Fire Mage Utility
The main reason to bring a Fire Mage to a Mythic+ group is for its damage, but aside from that, it also has some very valuable utility which makes every Mythic+ group want at least one Mage:
- Arcane Intellect is a big boost for both the other caster DPS in the group, as well as additional healing for the healer.
- Time Warp is a required cooldown for any Mythic+ group.
- Remove Curse can be useful to dispel Curses in some dungeons.
- A Fire Mage adds some crowd-control in the form of Polymorph and Dragon's Breath.
- Spellsteal can be useful in some dungeons to remove dangerous buffs from enemy targets. Sometimes it can also be used as a big DPS boost for the Fire Mage by Spellstealing beneficial buffs that increase your damage.
Mythic+ Talents for Fire Mage
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+, these talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Firestarter||✗ Pyromaniac||✓ Searing Touch|
|30||✗ Blazing Soul||✓ Shimmer||✗ Blast Wave|
|45||? Incanter's Flow||✗ Mirror Image||✓ Rune of Power|
|60||✓ Flame On||✗ Alexstrasza's Fury||✗ Phoenix Flames|
|75||✓ Frenetic Speed||✗ Ice Ward||✗ Ring of Frost|
|90||✓ Flame Patch||✗ Conflagration||✗ Living Bomb|
|100||✗ Kindling||✗ Pyroclasm||✓ Meteor|
Season 4 Affix: Awakened
The only part of this affix that really applies to Mages, is Voidweaver Mal'thir. Mal'thir spawns when you activate the Cursed Spire of Ny'alotha—or when the last boss is pulled without activating that spire—and proceeds to cast both Crippling Pestilence and Lingering Doubt. Lingering Doubt leaves a curse on the target that reduces casting speed by 70% for 8 seconds. It is up to you to Remove Curse if that should land on a caster.
Beyond that, treat them as you would any other trash mobs. They need to die, and if engaged by their spire, so do their adds.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Updated for season 4.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Added season 3 affix descriptions.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 03 Feb. 2019: Slightly tweaked Reaping affix recommendation.
- 01 Feb. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 09 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Added Fire Mage Mythic+ page.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 18.104.22.168411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide