Fire Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Fire Mage, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Fire Mage gems and enchants.
Item Quality Ranks
Profession Consumable Ranks
As part of Dragonflight's overhaul of Professions, many crafted items and consumables may have multiple ranks of quality that impact their effects. For consumables, there are potentially three ranks of an item that may be used, with Rank 3 items (shown as item level 415 in-game and with three gold stars) providing the most powerful bonuses. However, higher quality consumables will generally be more expensive and not always necessary depending on the content you are doing. You should be willing to use whatever rank of an item is most within your budget, and save higher-quality consumables for content where you will really need the extra boost!
If you would like to learn more about quality ranks on profession items, or the overhaul to professions as a whole, please see our overview below.
We suggest you always take the highest rank available to you.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Fire Mage
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Fire Mage, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Fire Mage
You should use Fierce Illimited Diamond in one socket, and Energized Ysemerald, unless a different secondary gem sims better.
Best Enchants for Fire Mage
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Waking Stats|
|Rings||Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste|
|Boots||Enchant Boots - Watcher's Loam|
|Cloak||Personal preference, but Enchant Cloak - Graceful Avoidance is a solid PvE choice|
|Bracers||Personal preference, but Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Avoidance is a solid PvE choice|
Consumables for Fire Mage
Best Phials and Potions for Fire
We suggest Phial of Tepid Versatility as your go-to Phial. There are some other Phials you could consider in some specific content, but they generally come with significant drawbacks or are too difficult to maintain properly, and you end up being worse off than going with Tepid Versatility. Below, we list the alternative Phials that can be used if you are very comfortable their drawbacks can be avoided.
Phial of Static Empowerment is the best theoretical Phial. However, it requires you to stand still for a significant amount of time. If the content you are doing allows you to stand still most of the time, you should use this Phial. Otherwise, Phial of Charged Isolation can be used when you are able to stay away from all allies almost the entire time.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power is the best potion to use. Elemental Potion of Power can be used as a cheaper alternative.
Refreshing Healing Potion or Potion of Withering Vitality should be used alongside Healthstones for emergency healing. Potion of Withering Vitality heals for about twice as much as Refreshing Healing Potion, but you will also get a damage over time effect equal to the healing amount. Using Alter Time right after getting the heal is a great way to counteract this negative effect, but generally speaking, the safer choice is to go with Refreshing Healing Potion.
Best Food for Fire
Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak (or any 76 Intellect buff) is the best food option, followed by Aromatic Seafood Platter, and then Timely Demise. The difference is about 1% between them, but the Intellect food is best.
Best weapon Imbuement
We suggest using the Howling Rune weapon Imbuement. If a different stat sims the best for you, use that Rune instead.
Augment Runes for Fire
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Swapping Talents in Dragonflight
As of patch 10.0, you no longer need to use any item to change your talents. You can freely change your talents any time you are out of combat.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Removed sections related to Onyx Annulet as it is now too far behind to be considered.
- 01 Oct. 2023: Updated food buff suggestion.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 09 Aug. 2023: Updated gem suggestion to haste + vers instead of mastery.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for the Fire Mage rework of 10.1.5 and the Primordial Gems nerf.
- 22 May 2023: Updated leg enchant suggestions.
- 01 May 2023: Updated Onyx Annulet suggestions based on new 10.1 gear.
- 25 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Stone Gem suggestions based on hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Update Primordial Stone Gem suggestions due to Desirious Blood Stone combinations being very strong.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Stone gem suggestions based based on Obscure Pastel Stone being Arcane instead of Shadow on live servers.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added Primordial Stone gem suggestions and reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Added leg enchant.
- 14 Dec. 2022: Added weapon imbuement advice.
- 13 Dec. 2022: Updated phial advice.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated gems advice based on better simulations.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated phial advice.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5