Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Best Gems for Frost Mage
2. Best Enchants for Frost Mage
3. Consumables for Frost Mage
3.1. Best Flasks and Potions for Frost
Potion of Rising Death is the best potion in single target situations, should you be able to stay at max distance for the duration. Battle Potion of Intellect should be used in single target situations where you have to remain close to the target, multi-target situations, and just about any Mythic+ use. In practice, Battle Potion of Intellect is likely the better potion to buy as you get to use it in more situations, for a minimal difference in single target damage.
Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Coastal Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
3.2. Best Food for Frost
You should eat from the Bountiful Captain's Feast or Sanguinated Feast when possible, and otherwise eat the 85 Intellect food, Boralus Blood Sausage. If you do not have access to Sanguicell, Critical Strike food ( Honey-Glazed Haunches or the cheaper Kul Tiramisu) when below Shatter cap, and Haste food ( Swamp Fish 'n Chips or the cheaper Ravenberry Tarts) when above are all acceptable alternatives to Boralus Blood Sausage.
3.3. Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Removed Intellect gem recommendation due to average player ilvl.
- 26 Dec. 2018: Expanded on food recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Sep. 2018: Expanded upon Battle Potion of Intellect use.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir launch.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 06 Aug. 2018: Updated with hotfix to Darkmoon Faire food.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- This Week in WoW: April 23rd
- Crucible of Storms Mythic Progress Race Hub
- The Dreadwake Mount Returns to Blizzard Shop
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 23rd
- Noblegarden 2019 (April 22nd - April 29th)
- Upcoming 8.2 PTR Class Changes: April 23rd
- Upcoming Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 23rd
- Vulpera Coming in Patch 8.2.5?
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Question about WoW hardware requirements