Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Mage, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Frost Mage gems and enchants.
Best Gems for Frost Mage
Best Enchants for Frost Mage
Keep in mind that you should sim your character to find out which secondary stat is best for your gear. It may change from the suggestions below depending on various factors. More information on how stats work and interact with Frost Mage can be found here:
Consumables for Frost Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Frost
Spectral Flask of Power should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Spiritual Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
Best Temporary Enhancements for Frost
Shadowcore Oil should be applied to your weapon at all times.
If the small amount of extra health is required, such as running incredibly high M+ keys, or pushing Mythic raid progression early on in a tier, Heavy Desolate Armor Kit should be applied to your chest armour.
Best Food for Frost
You should eat from the Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism or whichever of the +30 secondary stat foods corresponds to your top secondary stat.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Domination Shards for Frost Mage
Information about Domination Shards can be found on our Gear page:
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Changed potion recommendation.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch, added temporary enhancement section.
- 31 Oct. 2020: Fixed enchant recommendations.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips