Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. We also give budget alternatives.
Best Gems for Frost Mage
Best Enchants for Frost Mage
Keep in mind that you should sim your character to find out which secondary stat is best for your gear. It may change from the suggestions below depending on various factors. Crit is given here as it will be the most beneficial to the majority of Frost Mages.
Consumables for Frost Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Frost
Potion of Unbridled Fury is the best potion in single target situations. Superior Battle Potion of Intellect should be used in multi-target situations, and Potion of Empowered Proximity in large scale AoE where you are allowed to remain close to the mobs. In practice, Superior Battle Potion of Intellect is likely the better potion to buy as you get to use it in more situations, for about a 2% difference in single target damage.
Greater Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Abyssal Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
Best Food for Frost
You should eat from the Famine Evaluator And Snack Table or whichever of the +93 secondary stat foods corresponds to your top secondary stat. The practical difference between them is about 4 DPS, so pick whichever is easiest for you and your raid group to farm or buy.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Weapon enchant suggestion changed.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace launch.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Removed Intellect gem recommendation due to average player ilvl.
- 26 Dec. 2018: Expanded on food recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Sep. 2018: Expanded upon Battle Potion of Intellect use.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir launch.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 06 Aug. 2018: Updated with hotfix to Darkmoon Faire food.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- Raid Testing Schedule (December 13th - December 16th)
- Firelands Timewalking Now Live
- Phase 3, Patch 1.13.3 Known Issues List: Dec 10th
- Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification
- Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Guides and Official Preview
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug Update: December 9th
- Classic Phase 3 and Patch 1.13.3 Notes
- Goblin & Worgen Heritage Armor in Patch 8.3 (Official Preview)
- Protection Paladin 8.2
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Resto Shaman Healing Guide
- What’s the better PC?
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.1.5
- Lookin for a certain website