Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Mage enchants and consumables.
Best Gems for Frost Mage
Best Enchants for Frost Mage
Keep in mind that you should sim your character to find out which secondary stat is best for your gear. It may change from the suggestions below depending on various factors. Crit is given here as it will be the most beneficial to the majority of Frost Mages.
Consumables for Frost Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Frost
Potion of Unbridled Fury is the best potion in single target situations. Superior Battle Potion of Intellect should be used in multi-target situations, and Potion of Empowered Proximity in large scale AoE where you are allowed to remain close to the mobs. In practice, Superior Battle Potion of Intellect is likely the better potion to buy as you get to use it in more situations, for about a 2% difference in single target damage.
Greater Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Abyssal Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
Best Food for Frost
You should eat from the Famine Evaluator And Snack Table or whichever of the +93 secondary stat foods corresponds to your top secondary stat. The practical difference between them is about 4 DPS, so pick whichever is easiest for you and your raid group to farm or buy.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Weapon enchant suggestion changed.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace launch.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Removed Intellect gem recommendation due to average player ilvl.
- 26 Dec. 2018: Expanded on food recommendations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Sep. 2018: Expanded upon Battle Potion of Intellect use.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir launch.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 06 Aug. 2018: Updated with hotfix to Darkmoon Faire food.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- All WoW Achievements Completed - A Xirev Interview
- Battle.net App Updated for Shadowlands Alpha
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Long Queues on Select Realms Will Be Addressed Soon
- Is Shadowlands Alpha Coming Next Week?
- Player Beats the Game and Earns All Achievements in World of Warcraft
- New Statues & Framed Photographs Available on Blizzard Gear Store
- Old class guides
- Elemental Shaman 8.3
- Cant Complete "Establishing your Outpost"
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.3
- Mission Table - Advancements Guide
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.3
- looking for help with pve/pvp build for good dps and good pvp
- Tortollan Seekers Reputation