Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Mage in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Gems for Frost Mage
2. Enchants for Frost Mage
3. Consumables for Frost Mage
Potion of Rising Death is the best potion in single target situations, should you be able to stay at max distance for the duration. Battle Potion of Intellect should be used in single target situations where you have to remain close to the target, multi-target situations, and just about any Mythic+ use. In practice, Battle Potion of Intellect is likely the better potion to buy as you get to use it in more situations, for a minimal difference in single target damage.
Flask of Endless Fathoms should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Coastal Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 20 Sep. 2018: Expanded upon Battle Potion of Intellect use.
- 01 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir launch.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 06 Aug. 2018: Updated with hotfix to Darkmoon Faire food.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Pet Battle Changes in Patch 8.1
- Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A Roundup: December 14th
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 13th
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Sim and pack alpha
- ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide
- Havoc Demon Hunter 8.0.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Fury Warrior 8.0.1
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2