Frost Mage DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Mage, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Frost Mage gems and enchants.
Best Gems for Frost Mage
Best Enchants for Frost Mage
Keep in mind that you should sim your character to find out which secondary stat is best for your gear. It may change from the suggestions below depending on various factors. More information on how stats work and interact with Frost Mage can be found here:
Consumables for Frost Mage
Best Flasks and Potions for Frost
Spectral Flask of Power should be used as your flask of choice.
Healthstones heal for 25% of the user's maximum health. Cosmic Healing Potion does not share a cooldown with Healthstones, and should also be used when extra healing is required.
Best Temporary Enhancements for Frost
Shadowcore Oil should be applied to your weapon at all times.
If the small amount of extra health is required, such as running incredibly high M+ keys, or pushing Mythic raid progression early on in a tier, Heavy Desolate Armor Kit should be applied to your chest armour.
Best Food for Frost
You should eat from the Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism or whichever of the +30 secondary stat foods corresponds to your top secondary stat.
Augment Runes for Frost
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes (or the permanent Eternal Augment Rune) to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Domination Shards for Frost Mage
Domination Shards have been disabled in relevant content as of 9.2. They exist only for the Maw, Korthia, and Torghast. The power gains from other pieces of gear will likely outshine most of them except for the highest reaches of Torghast, but it remains up to you if you wish to keep a piece of gear for such trivial content.
- 22 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Changed potion recommendation.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch, added temporary enhancement section.
- 31 Oct. 2020: Fixed enchant recommendations.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th