Frost Mage DPS Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Frost Mages in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. How to Simulate your Frost Mage
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to simulate their characters. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, what Legendaries to equip, and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character, and links to the addon required by the video as well as Raidbots.Simulationcraft Addon on CurseForge Raidbots
2. Frost Mage Racial Bonus Simulation
Keep in mind that the following simulation is done with the default T22 Mythic profile, with 10 Reorigination Array stacks. Your own DPS gains will be different, however the difference between races is fairly small regardless. In most cases, you can simply pick which race looks best to you with minimal disruption to your damage output.
3. Frost Mage Full Talent Comparison Simulation
This is the default T22 Mythic profile running every single talent variation on the baseline gear. It is likely that optimizations can be made on each, as the gear is set up for the top talent set. But this gives at least a ballpark estimate of how each set does in comparison to one another. You may click any given talent configuration on the Raidbots site itself, and it will show relative percentages between others using the selected option as a base. For example, clicking the first Ray of Frost result will show that the top Glacial Spike build is 3.6% ahead.
Please note this is also a truncated list, the full 243 options are shown when you click through to Raidbots itself.
- 21 Dec. 2018: Changed race listings from Raidbots to Bloodmallet.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 27 Nov. 2018: Added racial and talent simulation comparisons.
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1