Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Vengeance Demon Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Quality of Enchants, Gems, and Consumables in Dragonflight
With the new revamp to professions in Dragonflight consumables, gems, and enchants all come in different qualities based on the skill of the crafter making it. There are three ranks for most consumables, gems and enchants where the power scales with the rank. For example Elemental Potion of Power will give more stats than lower ranks of the same potion like Elemental Potion of Power. This means that you will have to balance the level of your consumables against the gold you are willing to invest, but also that there are cheaper alternatives to every consumable.
Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones
Patch 10.0.7 introduces the Onyx Annulet, a ring you socket with Primordial Stones looted in the Forbidden Reach. These Stones offer unique effects at the cost of the Secondary Stats usually present on Rings. For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide below.
Recommended Primordial Stones for Vengeance Demon Hunter
There are several decent combinations of Stones, and since they are random drops, you will likely want to run whichever you first get until you get a better combination. Right now, the ring is tuned to be decent but not great, and you would likely not use it over a crafted Ring at 418 Item Level or a Heroic or higher version of Seal of Diurna's Chosen outside of Raid encounters with very low target counts. However, below, you will find a few combinations of stones that could be strong, especially if they are tuned up. Defensively the Primordial Stones are weaker than the secondaries a normal ring will provide.
For Raid, you likely run the best Primordial Stones for Single-target which looks to be Humming Arcane Stone, Flame Licked Stone, and Desirous Blood Stone. On more than one target, you will want to swap in Pestilent Plague Stone and Storm Infused Stone.
For Mythic+, you likely want to run the Stones for more than one target, but if the dungeon features a lot of casters, you might get value from Searing Smokey Stone as the last Stone. At huge enemy counts and switching one of Pestilent Plague Stone or Storm Infused Stone for a Entropic Fel Stone could prove worth it if you can frequently proc Searing Smokey Stone but is likely not the slot. If you choose to run Stones that proc, absorb shields, then using Shining Obsidian Stone could prove to be a decent damage option for just one Stone.
Defensively, the best options are Primordial Stones, which give you shields. Indomitable Earth Stone, Cold Frost Stone, and Gleaming Iron Stone all provide decent absorb shields. However, these stones likely are not worth running in any content.
Best Gems for Vengeance Demon Hunters
- Fierce Illimited Diamond, you can only have one Primalist gem equipped at once.
- Crafty Ysemerald or Energized Ysemerald, for any remaining socket slot you will want to use haste gems with some extra Critical Strike or Versatility, or whatever sims the highest if your goal is maximum damage.
Best Enchants for Vengeance Demon Hunters
The following enchants increases damage or survivability. The general consensus is to lean more towards damage when survivability is not an issue. Offensive enchants are recommended for most content available. Decide which enchant is needed for the content you are playing and choose the rank depending on how long you are planning to use a certain item and how much gold you are willing to spend on it.
For a more in-depth overview of stat priority, please visit the stats page linked below.
Consumables for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Starting in the Dragonflight you can change talents anywhere as long as you are not in combat or in an active Mythic+ dungeon. Therefor you no longer need to use a Tome of the Still Mind or Codex of the Still Mind to change your talents. You also do not have to be in a rested area to be able to change them.
In Dragonflight you can get Draconic Augment Rune from completing dungeon or raid finder when tanks are in demand. This will generally yield you a handful of runes. These are likely going to be more expensive than the counterpart in previous expansions and are mostly recommended when you are in need of that extra amount of power in very challenging content.
Phials and Potions for Vengeance Demon Hunters
- Phial of Glacial Fury is recommended for damage while still gearing.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility for general usage in low target count encounters.
- Phial of the Eye in the Storm for defensive usage in large target count encounters.
- Elemental Potion of Power for general usage.
- Potion of Shocking Disclosure for 6 or more enemies
- Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power for challenging content if available.
- Refreshing Healing Potion for healing.
Weapon Runes and Sharpening Stones
Dragonflight introduces Runes crafted by people with the Inscription profession which will augment your weapons for a brief period of time to gain additional secondary stats. They share their buff slot with Sharpening Stones which increases your Attack Power by a fix amount.
Runes comes in two variations, Howling Rune and Buzzing Rune. For general usage Howling Rune is recommended due to the strength of Haste for Vengeance. For damage you should sim the Runes against Primal Whetstone to determine which grants you the largest damage gain.
Food giving you Haste is recommended as the food choice in solo content or when a feast is not available. Feasts and Fortune cookies provide Agility, which is our strongest stat, and if a feast is available you should eat from it. It is worth noting that you can not eat a Fated Fortune Cookie while in a Mythic+ dungeon, since it creates an item.
- Feisty Fish Sticks (Haste/Crit) or Aromatic Seafood Platter (Haste/Vers)
- Fated Fortune Cookie (Agility)
- Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak (Agility)
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added section about the Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones.
- 08 Mar. 2023: Updated recommendations for weapon enchants and consumables.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated gems and enchants, and added Augment runes.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
More Demon Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective