Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Gems for Vengeance Demon Hunters
2. Enchants for Vengeance Demon Hunters
You want to use 2 different enchants on your gear because you gain more stats from this method than stacking 2 of the same one.
The reason we do not have Enchant Weapon - Deadly Navigation listed for DPS is that the actual DPS gain on the enchant and Critical Strike in general is extremely random, and you gain more survival from the other stats. It is not recommended to gem or enchant Critical Strike or aim for the stat on gear.
3. Consumables for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Note that you must change spec to Havoc at the moment when you eat the food in order to avoid getting a Stamina buff. That said, the Stamina buff is also viable.
Coastal Healing Potion can be used along with Healthstones as they do not share a cooldown.
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
War-Scrolls provide weaker versions of the class buffs, which is helpful in dungeons if you do not have a class that provide it.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and is up to date for patch 8.1.
- 09 Sep. 2018: Added info on why not to take Deadly Navigation, as well as War-Scrolls.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Updated Weapon and Ring enchants. Also fixed error in the flasks.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Patch 8.1: List of Known Issues
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1
- Feral Druid 8.0.1