Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Vengeance Demon Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
Best Gems for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Haste is currently rated higher than Versatility so Quick Jewel Cluster is recommended. Vengeance skills scale well with Haste, which increases survivability and damage. Versatility is the second best stat due to increasing both damage and survivability.
Domination Shards for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Information about Domination Shards can be found on our Gear page:
Best Enchants for Vengeance Demon Hunter
The following enchants increases damage or survivability. The general consensus is to lean more towards damage when survivability is not an issue. Offensive enchants are recommended for most of the content. Decide which enchant is needed for the content you are playing.
For a more in-depth overview of stat priority, please visit the stats page linked below.
Consumables for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Best Flasks and Potions for Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Spectral Flask of Power is recommended for most content.
- Spectral Flask of Stamina is only recommended for niche situations
- Potion of Phantom Fire for single-target damage.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms for AoE damage.
- Potion of Spectral Agility as a general potion if you are looking to only carry one potion for all purposes.
- Spiritual Healing Potion for healing.
- Potion of Spectral Stamina is only for niche situations where you need more health.
Weapon Oils and Armor Buffs
Weapon oils are limited time buffs that are applied to the weapon slot. Oils can be applied to weapons that are already enchanted. Armor buffs are limited time buffs that are applied to the chest slot.
- Shadowcore Oil on both weapons (Offensive)
- Shadowcore Oil and Embalmer's Oil (Defensive)
- Heavy Desolate Armor Kit
Haste is recommended as the food choice in solo content. Feasts provide Agility, which works well in raids or Mythic+,
- Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic or Cinnamon Bonefish Stew (Haste)
- Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism or Surprisingly Palatable Feast (Agility)
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Changed enchants format to a table.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Update Weapon enchants based on sims from Theorycrafters.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated all Enchants and Consumables for Shadowlands .
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power