Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Vengeance Demon Hunter, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Quality of Enchants, Gems, and Consumables in Dragonflight
With the new revamp to professions in Dragonflight, consumables, gems, and enchants all come in different qualities based on the skill of the crafter making it. There are three ranks for most consumables, gems, and enchants , where the power scales with the rank. For example Elemental Potion of Power will give more stats than lower ranks of the same potion like Elemental Potion of Power. This means that you will have to balance the level of your consumables against the gold you are willing to invest, but also that there are cheaper alternatives to every consumable.
Best Gems for Vengeance Demon Hunters
- Inscribed Illimited Diamond, you can only have one Primalist gem equipped at once.
- Crafty Ysemerald , for any remaining socket slot, you will want to use Critical Strike gems with some extra Haste, or whatever sims the highest if your goal is maximum damage.
Best Enchants for Vengeance Demon Hunters
The following enchants increase damage or survivability. The general consensus is to lean more towards damage when survivability is not an issue. Offensive enchants are recommended for most content available. Decide which enchant is needed for the content you are playing and choose the rank depending on how long you are planning to use a certain item and how much gold you are willing to spend on it.
For a more in-depth overview of stat priority, please visit the stats page linked below.
Consumables for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Starting in the Dragonflight you can change talents anywhere as long as you are not in combat or in an active Mythic+ dungeon. Therefore, you no longer need to use a Tome of the Still Mind or Codex of the Still Mind to change your talents. You also do not have to be in a rested area to be able to change them.
In Dragonflight, you can get Draconic Augment Rune from completing dungeon or raid finder when tanks are in demand. This will generally yield you a handful of runes. These are likely going to be more expensive than the counterpart in previous expansions and are mostly recommended when you are in need of that extra amount of power in very challenging content.
Phials and Potions for Vengeance Demon Hunters
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage for general usage.
- Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power offensively.
- Refreshing Healing Potion for healing in general.
- Potion of Withering Dreams for healing through larger damage events or healing absorbs.
Weapon Runes and Sharpening Stones
Dragonflight introduces Runes crafted by people with the Inscription profession, which will augment your weapons for a brief period of time to gain additional secondary stats. They share their buff slot with Sharpening Stones, which increases your Attack Power by a fixed amount.
Runes comes in three variations, Howling Rune, Hissing Rune and Buzzing Rune. For general usage, Buzzing Rune is recommended due to the strength of Critical Strike for Vengeance. For damage, you should sim the Runes against Primal Whetstone to determine which grants you the largest damage gain.
Food giving you Haste and Critical Strike is recommended as the food choice in solo content or when you are decently well-geared. Feasts and Fortune cookies provide Agility, which you want unless Feisty Fish Sticks sim for more damage for you.
- Feisty Fish Sticks (Haste and Critical Strike) or Deviously Deviled Eggs (Agility)
- Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak (Agility)
- 06 Dec. 2023: Updated Phial and Healing Potion recommendations.
- 07 Nov. 2023: Updated with correct Stat Gem.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated with changes for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Updated section on enchants as well as the section about the Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones.
- 26 Mar. 2023: Updated section about the Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added section about the Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones.
- 08 Mar. 2023: Updated recommendations for weapon enchants and consumables.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated gems and enchants, and added Augment runes.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
- New Tamable Gilnean Fox in Patch 10.2.5
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Big Class Tuning
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers