Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1.
Vengeance Demon Hunter in Mythic+
Vengeance Demon Hunter is one of the best tanks for Mythic+. While we lack somewhat in the survival department, we make up for with a lot of utility and high tank DPS.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Season 4 Awakened Affix
Awakened are rifts that appear in a key that have Rift Lieutenants inside. These are mini bosses who have various abilities.
- Voidweaver Mal'thir — Casts Lingering Doubt and Crippling Pestilence, which will need to be interrupted and the missed kicks dispelled.
- Samh'rek, Beckoner of Chaos — Casts Cascading Terror. This puts a debuff on three party members that need to be dispelled otherwise they become feared. He will also summon adds to put bleeds on the tank.
- Blood of the Corruptor — Spawns Defiled Ground that spawns puddles. He spawns tentacles as well.
- Urg'oth, Breaker of Heroes — Dark Fury spawns a large circle that needs to be avoided. He also casts Spirit Breaker which is a tank buster. So use cooldowns on this ability.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Mythic+ Rotation
Your spell priority does not change in Mythic+ content. For more information, please visit the page below.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Utility
Vengeance Demon Hunter provides support for the party through its sigils and high kiting potential via mobility.
We would like to preface this list by saying that all sigils can be cast up to 30 yards, explode after 2 seconds, which actually grants the effect of the sigil, and have an 8-yard radius.
- Sigil of Silence provides a 6-second silence to all mobs effected. Note that this interrupts spellcasting. It can be cast every 60 seconds.
- Sigil of Chains grips in enemies and then slows them by 70%, allowing for easy mob management and kiting potential. It has a 1.5-minute cooldown.
- Sigil of Misery places a 20-second Fear on mobs affected. This interrupts spellcasting if the mob is feared and can be used on mobs that are fearable, but have uninterruptible abilities. This action fears them, which stops their cast. This can be cast every 1.5 minutes.
- Imprison is a ranged Incapacitate that has a 20-yard range and 45-second cooldown. It does not trigger combat and works extremely well in preventing mobs from pulling or as a quick "stun" for uninterruptable mobs.
- Disrupt is an interrupt with a 10-yard range and a short 15-second cooldown. It also grants you 30 Pain if you successfully interrupt a cast.
- Consume Magic is a 30-yard purge that gets rid of one buff from an enemy and if you remove a buff, you get 20 Pain. It also has a short 10-second cooldown. With the increased amount of purgeable buffs, this is a very welcome addition.
- Infernal Strike allows you to jump 30 yards (40 yards with the Abyssal Strike talent) every 20 seconds (12 seconds with the talent), allowing for a high-mobility for pulling multiple packs, getting back to your group, and kiting.
- Arcane Torrent / Shadowmeld are actually racial abilities, but Demon Hunters can only be Night Elf and Blood Elf, which means that you will always have one of these at your disposal. Arcane Torrent is great for tanks, as they will always be in melee range and can AoE purge trash with ease. Shadowmeld allows you to do special skips with Sigil of Misery that you could not do alone on the Horde side.
Mythic+ Talents for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+; these talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✓ Abyssal Strike||✓ Agonizing Flames||✗ Felblade|
|25||✗ Feast of Souls||✓ Fallout||✓ Burning Alive|
|30||✗ Infernal Armor||✓ Charred Flesh||✓ Spirit Bomb|
|35||✗ Soul Rending||✓ Feed the Demon||✓ Fracture|
|40||✓ Concentrated Sigils||✗ Quickened Sigils||✓ Sigil of Chains|
|45||✗ Void Reaver||✓ Demonic||? Soul Barrier|
|50||✓ Last Resort||✗ Ruinous Bulwark||✗ Bulk Extraction|
- Level 15: Abyssal Strike
- Level 25: Fallout
- Level 30: Spirit Bomb
- Level 35: Fracture
- Level 40: Sigil of Chains
- Level 45: Demonic
- Level 50: Last Resort
Survival / High Keys
- Level 15: Agonizing Flames
- Level 25: Burning Alive
- Level 30: Charred Flesh
- Level 35: Feed the Demon
- Level 40: Sigil of Chains
- Level 45: Demonic
- Level 50: Last Resort
For a full list and details of the talents, please follow the link below.
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is enabled immediately at level 2, the second affix starts at level 4, the third affix starts at level 7 and, finally, the seasonal affix starts at level 10.
Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of Mythic+ from boss to trash depending on the week. Vengeance Demon Hunters excel during Fortified weeks, as our utility allows us to shine at crowd controlling and disrupting packs of enemies.
Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% by 100% until they die.
- Teeming adds additional trash mobs to certain packs throughout each dungeon.
- Bolstering causes dying enemies to increase the maximum health and damage of other nearby enemies by 20%. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus on the highest health pool enemies first.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when an enemy dies. This pool will heal enemies who stay inside the zone, while damaging players.
- Bursting causes enemies to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage every four seconds. When handling the Bursting affix, make sure your group knows how many stacks the healer can handle at a given point and try to save healing cooldowns for larger pulls, which will cause high Bursting stacks.
Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer 50% of their maximum health in damage. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more volcanic plumes will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking damage over time effect when they fall below 90%. Make sure to have your healer quickly remove the debuff with focused healing / cooldowns if needed, or it is likely you will fall behind and deaths will occur.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum health in damage to each player caught in the zone and interrupt any casts being finished during the shockwave.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period of time or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleaveable and the amount of orbs that spawn scales with the amount of enemies pulled.
- Necrotic debuffs the target of enemy melee swings with stacking healing reduction and a minor damage over time effect. Vengeance Demon Hunters can survive this by pre-emptively casting Metamorphosis or calling for a healer external.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Rogues and Hunters are good for this week.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Comprehensive Guide to All Legendary Powers and Runecarving in Shadowlands
- Rextroy's Machine Gun Build
- Player Pisses Off Botters By Turning Them Into Zombies, Part Two
- Sylvanas Finally Explains her Motivations in the No More Lies Cinematic
- Shadowlands PvP Vendors Despawned Until Reset
- Three More Shadowlands Cutscenes from the Maw, Ardenweald and Revendreth
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: November 23rd
- World 2nd Overall, First by Questing: Polihanna