Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Vengeance Demon Hunter in Mythic+
Vengeance Demon Hunter is one of the best tanks for Mythic+. While we lack somewhat in the survival department, we make up for with a lot of utility and high tank DPS.
Season 3 Beguiling Affix
Beguiling adds new mobs to trash packs. This is randomized every week, with every week providing more of a certain type of Emissary.
- Enchanted Emissary — Mobs within its bubble reflect up to 200% of players' damage done to them. You do not kill this mob, however every time it is hit, it gets knocked back. After enough knockbacks or time, it will leave the dungeon permanently.
- Void-Touched Emissary — This mob does a cast-AoE that can be outranged or dodged via hiding behind a wall or object. If the stacks get to 2 or higher, this can one shot many classes. It is advised to either burn this mob down until it leaves or pull trash out of its range or sight, then deal with it.
- Emissary of the Tides — All mobs within a small radius of this are immune to all Crowd Control effects. This includes stuns, slows and interrupts. It is advised to either kill this mob immediately or focus down a smaller health mob that is troublesome.
The layout of these Emissaries changes every week.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Mythic+ Rotation
Your spell priority does not change in Mythic+ content. For more information, check out the full Vengeance Demon Hunter tanking Rotation.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Utility
Vengeance Demon Hunter provides support for the party through its sigils and high kiting potential via mobility.
We would like to preface this list by saying that all sigils can be cast up to 30 yards, explode after 2 seconds, which actually grants the effect of the sigil, and have an 8-yard radius.
- Sigil of Silence provides a 6-second silence to all mobs effected. Note that this interrupts spellcasting. It can be cast every 60 seconds.
- Sigil of Chains grips in enemies and then slows them by 70%, allowing for easy mob management and kiting potential. It has a 1.5-minute cooldown.
- Sigil of Misery places a 20-second Fear on mobs affected. This interrupts spellcasting if the mob is feared and can be used on mobs that are fearable, but have uninterruptible abilities. This action fears them, which stops their cast. This can be cast every 1.5 minutes.
- Imprison is a ranged Incapacitate that has a 20-yard range and 45-second cooldown. It does not trigger combat and works extremely well in preventing mobs from pulling or as a quick "stun" for uninterruptable mobs.
- Disrupt is an interrupt with a 10-yard range and a short 15-second cooldown. It also grants you 30 Pain if you successfully interrupt a cast.
- Consume Magic is a 30-yard purge that gets rid of one buff from an enemy and if you remove a buff, you get 20 Pain. It also has a short 10-second cooldown. With the increased amount of purgeable buffs, this is a very welcome addition.
- Infernal Strike allows you to jump 30 yards (40 yards with the Abyssal Strike talent) every 20 seconds (12 seconds with the talent), allowing for a high-mobility for pulling multiple packs, getting back to your group, and kiting.
- Arcane Torrent / Shadowmeld are actually racial abilities, but Demon Hunters can only be Night Elf and Blood Elf, which means that you will always have one of these at your disposal. Arcane Torrent is great for tanks, as they will always be in melee range and can AoE purge trash with ease. Shadowmeld allows you to do special skips with Sigil of Misery that you could not do alone on the Horde side.
Mythic+ Talents for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+; these talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|99||✓ Abyssal Strike||✗ Agonizing Flames||✗ Razor Spikes|
|100||✗ Feast of Souls||✓ Fallout||✗ Burning Alive|
|102||✓ Flame Crash||✗ Charred Flesh||✗ Felblade|
|104||✗ Soul Rending||? Feed the Demon||✓ Fracture|
|106||✗ Concentrated Sigils||✗ Quickened Sigils||✓ Sigil of Chains|
|108||✗ Gluttony||✓ Spirit Bomb||✗ Fel Devastation|
|110||✗ Last Resort||✓ Void Reaver||? Soul Barrier|
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is enabled immediately at level 2, the second affix starts at level 4, the third affix starts at level 7 and, finally, the seasonal affix starts at level 10.
Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of Mythic+ from boss to trash depending on the week. Vengeance Demon Hunters excel during Fortified weeks, as our utility allows us to shine at crowd controlling and disrupting packs of enemies.
Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% by 100% until they die.
- Teeming adds additional trash mobs to certain packs throughout each dungeon.
- Bolstering causes dying enemies to increase the maximum health and damage of other nearby enemies by 20%. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus on the highest health pool enemies first.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when an enemy dies. This pool will heal enemies who stay inside the zone, while damaging players.
- Bursting causes enemies to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that causes players to suffer 10% of their maximum health in damage every four seconds. When handling the Bursting affix, make sure your group knows how many stacks the healer can handle at a given point and try to save healing cooldowns for larger pulls, which will cause high Bursting stacks.
Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer 50% of their maximum health in damage. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more volcanic plumes will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking damage over time effect when they fall below 90%. Make sure to have your healer quickly remove the debuff with focused healing / cooldowns if needed, or it is likely you will fall behind and deaths will occur.
- Quaking will periodically attempt to interrupt casters by creating a damaging zone around each player. About 3 seconds after the zone forms, it will deal 20% maximum health in damage to each player caught in the zone and interrupt any casts being finished during the shockwave.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period of time or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleaveable and the amount of orbs that spawn scales with the amount of enemies pulled.
- Necrotic debuffs the target of enemy melee swings with stacking healing reduction and a minor damage over time effect. Vengeance Demon Hunters can survive this by pre-emptively casting Metamorphosis or calling for a healer external.
- Skittish reduces the amount of threat generated by tanks throughout the dungeon. Rogues and Hunters are good for this week.
- 23 Jul. 2019: Updated Season 3 information.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and is up to date for patch 8.1.
- 11 Aug. 2018: Page created.
- The 15-year WoW Anniversary Event Starts this Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions in Shadowlands (Speculation)
- The Mysterious Jailer is the Main Villain in Shadowlands
- MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Dying & Corpse Running in the Shadowlands
- MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Tier Sets Won't Be Returning in WoW Shadowlands
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant
- Necrolord Covenant
- Kyrian Covenant
- Covenants Hub