Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Generic Macros for Demon Hunters
Focus Interrupt Macro
- #showtooltip Disrupt
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Disrupt
This macro will use Disrupt on your current focus target.
Focus Purge Macro
- #showtooltip Consume Magic
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Consume Magic
This macro will use Consume Magic on your current focus target.
Specific Macros for Vengeance Demon Hunters
- /cast [mod:ctrl, @player] Sigil of Flame; [nomod, @cursor] Sigil of Flame
You should use this macro for your Sigils. You can then use it either with @cursor or @player, depending on what you prefer. Only use the macro if you know the range of your sigils. With the @player macro, the Concentrated Sigils talent only gives you the extended duration.
Infernal Strike Macro
- /cast [mod:ctrl, @player] Infernal Strike; [nomod, @cursor] Infernal Strike
Blessing of Protection Cancelaura Macro
- /cancelaura Blessing of Protection
This macro is very useful to have. It allows you to cancel a Blessing of Protection that may have been cast on you, allowing you to resume your attacks. It is also important because, while you are under the effect of Hand of Protection, mobs will not attack you and instead will just attack the next person the aggro list (usually a DPS player).
Mouseover Taunt Macro
- #showtooltip Torment
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Torment
This macro will use Torment on the target you are currently mousing over.
Generic Addons for Demon Hunters
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to decurse raid or party members by right clicking their frame in the raid of party frame. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
Specific Addons for Vengeance Demon Hunters
Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to check on your current threat levels and ensure that you are not being overtaken in aggro.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 22 Jan. 2019: This page has been reviewed and is up to date for season 2 and Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and is up to date for patch 8.1.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Pet Battle Changes in 8.3: Visions of N'zoth (Official Preview)
- N'Zoth Raid Testing Streams
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- Patch 8.2.5 and Classic Hotfixes: November 13th
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- What’s the better PC?
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk