Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.5.
Best in Slot List for Vengeance Demon Hunters
The gear you choose will often be influenced by the stat priority, at least if the items have the same item level. You can find the stat priority on the page below, as well as guides on how to enchant your new gear pieces.
Sepulcher of the First Ones Set Pieces
Patch 9.2 reintroduced set bonuses for every class that is only obtained from the raid, Creation Catalyst process, or from your Great Vault at the end of the week. The primary goal should be to obtain the full set due to how powerful the set bonuses are in Mythic+. The bonuses are:
- Vengeance DH 2-Piece bonus: Damage dealt by Immolation Aura has a 10% chance to generate a Lesser Soul Fragment.
- Vengeance DH 4-Piece bonus: Consuming a Lesser Soul Fragment reduces the remaining cooldown of your Immolation Aura or Fel Devastation by 1 second.
The 2-piece bonus is powerful because every tick has a chance to spawn a soul and it scales based on the number of targets. In medium to large pulls, this will spawn a large number of consistent souls. The amount of healing provided by this set bonus in Mythic+ or raid fights with a lot of adds is massive. Combining this bonus with Spirit Bomb greatly increases the potential AoE damage.
The 4-piece bonus is powerful because it creates a positive feedback loop between the 2-piece spawning more souls and the 4-piece lowering the CD of Immolation Aura to proc more souls with the 2-piece. Additionally, reducing the cooldown of Fel Devastation could allow the ability to be up every pull in Mythic+, which will greatly increase one's survivability while tanking.
There are 5 pieces of set gear available. If only equipping 4 pieces, it is recommended to use the Chest piece, Helmet, Pants, and Shoulderpads based on the secondary stats. The Gloves have Mastery as the primary stat which is rated lower than other available stats.
The set bonuses does not necessarily change the rotation. However in massive pulls, there is a chance to spawn too many souls to keep up with while using Spirit Bomb. In these situations, filler abilities like Sigils or Soul Cleave should be ignored in an attempt to fully utilize all souls spawning for Spirit Bomb. For an overview on the rotation and abilities, please click the following links.
The Creation Catalyst process allows the user to take any non-set armor piece and change it to an equal item level set piece in the same slot. This is designed to help unlucky people or alts to gain the full set over time. This is unlocked in Zereth Mortis by completing the story and unlocking the secrets. Cosmic Flux is used for the conversion.
Final thoughts: The set bonus can be extremely strong in Mythic+ because it promotes pulling bigger and rewards you for doing so. The set bonus does not perform very well in single-target fights though. This bonus is average at best in a raiding situation. Obtaining the 4-piece bonus as quickly as possible should be the goal of every Vengeance player.
Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Vengeance has quite a few legendary choices but only a couple are worthwhile depending on the playstyle. Kyrian Covenant players should lean towards Razelikh's Defilement to lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree and players going full defensive build for Mythic+ should pick up Fiery Soul. In Patch 9.2, Cinch of Unity was added which provides the current Covenant Legendary power while allowing a secondary class Legendary to be equipped. A full breakdown of the Legendary powers are on the following page:
Best Gear From Dungeons
|Weapon #1||Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence||Plaguefall|
|Weapon #2||Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence||Plaguefall|
|Cloak||Blighted Margrave's Cloak||Plaguefall|
|Chest||Rainshadow Hauberk||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Wrists||Risen Monstrosity Cuffs||The Necrotic Wake|
|Gloves||Gloves of Haunting Fixation||Halls of Atonement|
|Head||Vicious Surge Faceguard||Spires of Ascension|
|Belt||Sapgorger Belt||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Shoulders||Wicked Bladewing Pauldrons||Sanguine Depths|
|Legs||Abyssal Disharmony Breeches||Spires of Ascension|
|Boots||Vanquished Usurper's Footpads||Theater of Pain|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Ring #1||Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet||The Necrotic Wake|
|Ring #2||Death God's Signet||De Other Side|
Best Gear From the Sepulcher of the First Ones
|Cloak||Lurking Predator's Camouflage||Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener|
|Head||Mercurial Punisher's Hood||Anduin Wrynn|
|Shoulders||Mercurial Punisher's Shoulderpads||Lords of Dread|
|Chest||Mercurial Punisher's Jerkin||Rygelon|
|Wrists||Devourer's Sandblown Hidebinders||Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener|
|Gloves||Grasps of Abducted Fate||Lords of Dread|
|Belt||Cinch of Unity||The Enlightened — Revered|
|Legs||Mercurial Punisher's Breeches||Halondrus the Reclaimer|
|Boots||Moccasins of Dreadful Absolution||Prototype Pantheon|
|Neck||Worldkiller Iris||The Jailer|
|Ring #1||Loquacious Keeper's Peridot||Lihuvim, Principal Architect|
|Ring #2||Taciturn Keeper's Lapis||Halondrus the Reclaimer|
|Weapon #1||Domination's Deliverance||The Jailer|
|Weapon #2||Domination's Deliverance||The Jailer|
Trinkets for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Generally, defensive trinkets are fairly weak and should only be used when needed to survive. DPS trinkets are normally sought after in all content. Trinkets absent from this list are usable but should not be sought after specifically.
The following trinkets are all useful in certain situations and the combination of trinkets is based on the current content and the item level of the trinket.
- Overcharged Anima Battery is considered one of the best trinkets for Vengeance. It provides a large Haste boost on a 1.5-minute cooldown.
- Blood-Spattered Scale is considered an all-around solid Mythic+ trinket. It provides AoE damage and a shield based on the number of targets hit, up to 5 on a 2-minute cooldown.
- Phial of Putrefaction is a solid damage trinket that excels at doing damage over a longer period of time. The strength of the trinket shines during long boss fights in a raid or Mythic+.
- Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good all-around trinket due to the static Haste buff and a primary stat proc. This trinket requires the player to PvP to be obtained.
- Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds is a solid AoE damage trinket and a decent single-target trinket.
- Weave of Warped Fates is a niche defensive trinket that is either amazing in the right situation or an Agility stat stick when it does not proc. This trinket should be used when the chance of dying twice in 8 minutes is very likely. Last Resort is a default talent in all situations and it will proc before this trinket. Last resort is required to be on cooldown for this trinket to proc. It is not recommended to use this trinket in all content unless the player is new at the class.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 27 Jul. 2021: Updated Shard of Domination Shard recommendation to Blood set instead of Frost.
- 15 Jul. 2021: Updated the gear list with Sanctum of Domination gear recommendations and removed the PTR reference.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the trinket recommendation list.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Corrected a typo from Ny'alotha raid to Castle Nathria raid.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Added the legendary reference. Fixed an item in the dungeon loot. Fixed links to the raid bosses.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Removed BFA specific gear. Updated Dungeon and Raid loot recommendation. Trinkets are WiP
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Patch 9.2.5 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Weeks 3 and 4
- Amazon Twitch Prime Rewards for WoW: Jewel of the Firelord
- Fourth Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Accepting Cross-Faction Invites Turns You Hostile to Everyone in PvP Brawls and Battlegrounds
- Level 70 Character Boost Coming in Wrath Classic?
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Beta Update 0.9.2
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 28th