Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Vengeance Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
Best in Slot List for Vengeance Demon Hunters
The gear you choose will often be influenced by the stat priority, at least if the items have the same item level. You can find the stat priority on the page below, as well as guides on how to enchant your new gear pieces.
Legendaries for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Vengeance has quite a few legendary choices but only a couple are worthwhile depending on the playstyle. Kyrian Covenant players should lean towards Razelikh's Defilement to lower the cooldown of Elysian Decree and players going full defensive build for Mythic+ should pick up Fiery Soul. A full breakdown of the legendary powers are on the page:
|Weapon #1||Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence||Margrave Stradama — Plaguefall|
|Weapon #2||Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence||Margrave Stradama — Plaguefall|
|Cloak||Blighted Margrave's Cloak||Margrave Stradama — Plaguefall|
|Chest||Rainshadow Hauberk||Ingra Maloch — Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Wrists||Risen Monstrosity Cuffs||Amarth — Necrotic Wake|
|Gloves||Gloves of Haunting Fixation||High Adjudicator Aleez — Halls of Atonement|
|Head||Vicious Surge Faceguard||Oryphrion — Spires of Ascension|
|Belt||Sapgorger Belt||Tred'ova — Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Shoulders||Wicked Bladewing Pauldrons||General Kaal — Sanguine Depths|
|Legs||Abyssal Disharmony Breeches||Devos — Spires of Ascension|
|Boots||Vanquished Usurper's Footpads||Mordretha, the Endless Empress — Theater of Pain|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halkias — Halls of Atonement|
|Ring #1||Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet||Blightbone — Necrotic Wake|
|Ring #2||Death God's Signet||Mueh'zala — De Other Side|
From the Castle Nathria Raid
Trinkets for Vengeance Demon Hunter
Generally, defensive trinkets are fairly weak and should only be used when needed to survive. DPS trinkets are normally sought after in all content. Trinkets absent from this list are usable but should not be sought after specifically.
The following trinkets are all useful in certain situations and the combination of trinkets is based on the current content and the item level of the trinket.
- Overcharged Anima Battery is considered one of the best trinkets for Vengeance. It provides a large Haste boost on a 1.5-minute cooldown.
- Blood-Spattered Scale is considered an all-around solid Mythic+ trinket. It provides AoE damage and a shield based on the number of targets hit, up to 5 on a 2-minute cooldown.
- Dreadfire Vessel is a high damage single-target trinket on a 1.5-minute cooldown. This trinket can be difficult to obtain since it drops from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria.
- Hateful Chain is an all-around decent trinket that will either heal the player or deal damage based on the health of the player with a high proc rate.
- Phial of Putrefaction is a solid damage trinket that excels at doing damage over a longer period of time. The strength of the trinket shines during long boss fights in a raid or Mythic+.
- Macabre Sheet Music provides a Haste and a Speed buff for 20 seconds on a 1.5-minute cooldown. The downside of this trinket is the minigame required to gain the buffs that forces the player to run around and touch each of the four dancers. Due to positioning issues, it is not always ideal to use this trinket.
- Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good all-around trinket due to the static Haste buff and a primary stat proc. This trinket requires the player to PvP to be obtained.
- Stone Legion Heraldry is an average trinket that gains strength based on the number of players in the party that also have one equipped. This trinket is only party-wide and not raid-wide.
- Skulker's Wing is a good single-target damage trinket on a 1.5-minute cooldown. Since this trinket drops from the first boss in Castle Nathria, obtaining a high item level version of this trinket is relatively easy to do.
- Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds is a solid AoE damage trinket and a decent single-target trinket.
- Splintered Heart of Al'ar is a niche defensive trinket that is either amazing in the right situation or an Agility stat stick when it does not proc. This trinket should be used when the chance of dying twice in 8 minutes is very likely. Last Resort is a default talent in all situations and it will proc before this trinket. Last resort is required to be on cooldown for this trinket to proc. It is not recommended to use this trinket in all content unless the player is new at the class.
- Sanguine Vintage provides a small shield that will heal the player for the remainder of the shield at the end of the shield duration on a 1-minute cooldown. This is a niche trinket because the shield it provides can be broken in one melee hit from a raid boss or quickly while tanking Mythic+ trash which makes the healing from the shield non-existent. This trinket is best used in a kiting situation. When the player needs to kite, jumping out and using the trinket will provide a safety net and a heal once the shield wears off.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated the trinket recommendation list.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Corrected a typo from Ny'alotha raid to Castle Nathria raid.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Added the legendary reference. Fixed an item in the dungeon loot. Fixed links to the raid bosses.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Removed BFA specific gear. Updated Dungeon and Raid loot recommendation. Trinkets are WiP
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!