Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Vengeance Demon Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
The Basics of Stats for Vengeance Demon Hunter
The stat priority for Vengeance Demon Hunter is as follows:
- Versatility = Critical Strike;
Your stat priority extends to enchants and consumables, as well as gear. For an in-depth look at the best gear for the current tier or enchants, consumables, and simulations, please visit the links below.
There are not any set stat numbers to shoot for. You do not go for a certain percentage of anything. For your DPS, it is recommended to continue simming to help balance out stat priority.
For survival, you will follow the above priority for stats, and the guidance below for item level difference. For simplicity you may opt to go purely for item level. The only stat you want to question on gear is Mastery, as it is currently undertuned defensively.
As you should not simply go based on the stat priority above; instead, here are a few general rules for stats versus item level.
- You cannot get stat weights for survivability.
- A 10+ item level increase almost always means the new item is worth equipping.
- At a 5 item level difference, choose the item that better fits the stat priority or just go for item level.
- Rings/necks, tier sets, and trinkets do not follow these rules outside of big gaps in item level.
- Always gem/enchant for your best stat.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Getting a Better Understanding of Vengeance Demon Hunter Stats
Agility increases your Attack Power, Dodge chance, and Armor of Demon Spikes.
Mastery: Fel Blood increases your Attack Power, and the amount of damage reduction you gain from Demon Spikes based on your Agility. Will increase your armor by half the amount when Demon Spikes is not active.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your damaging abilities to be twice as effective. Your Critical Strike chance is also converted into Parry chance. Shattered Souls can not critically heal for twice the amount, but some other minor self-healing effects can. Critical Strike interacts with the talent Volatile Flameblood to generate extra Fury from Immolation Aura
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Haste reduces the global cooldown (until you reach 100% Haste), and also reduces the cooldown of Demon Spikes, Immolation Aura, Felblade, and Fracture.
Most encounters have abilities that cannot be mitigated or avoided. Also, you need to have a decent amount of health, in order to give yourself the chance to be healed before a subsequent attack kills you. As such, you need a minimum amount of Stamina. This amount will, in most cases, simply come from the Stamina found innately on your gear. Therefore, item level is the determining factor in keeping your health pool growing.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-Patch.
More Demon Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Hotfixes: March 20th