Vengeance Demon Hunter Tank Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Vengeance Demon Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Vengeance Demon Hunter
The stat priority for Vengeance Demon Hunter is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
For DPS, you will follow the above priority for stats, and the below for item level. You can also opt to go purely for item level. You will not prioritise Critical Strike, as the actual DPS gain on it is extremely miniscule, and you lose more survivability than you gain in DPS by going for Critical Strike. This includes gear, gems, and enchants.
You cannot simply go based on the stat priority above; instead, here are a few general rules for stats versus item level.
- You cannot get stat weights for survivability.
- A 15+ item level increase almost always means the new item is worth equipping.
- At a 10 item level difference, look at the itemization of the pieces, but in general higher item level items are better.
- At a 5 item level difference, choose the item that better fits the stat priority.
- Rings/necks, tier sets, and trinkets do not follow these rules outside of big gaps in item level.
- Always gem/enchant for your best stat.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Vengeance Demon Hunter Stats
Agility increases your attack power, dodge chance, and self-healing (since your healing scales off of your attack power).
Critical Strike increases the chance for your damaging abilities and your heals to be twice as effective. Your Critical Strike chance is also converted into parry chance.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Most encounters have abilities that cannot be mitigated or avoided. Also, you need to have a decent amount of health, in order to give yourself the chance to be healed before a subsequent attack kills you. As such, you need a minimum amount of Stamina. This amount will, in most cases, simply come from the Stamina found innately on your gear. Therefore, item level is the determining factor in keeping your health pool growing.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and is up to date for patch 8.1.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- XP Off Boosting Nerf Clarification
- Patch 8.2 Heart of Azeroth Essence Guide
- Classic Stress Test 3 - Everyone from Americas and Oceania Gets Access!
- No More Level 110 Twink Boosting in Patch 8.2
- Sphere of Suppression - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Gathering Professions in Patch 8.2
- "Hunters" Machinima in Unreal Engine 4
- Azeroth's Undying Gift - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fire Mage 8.1.5
- Who the best Healer PVE ?
- Essence Guide
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1.5
- Transmogrification - Warriors
- Feral, m+, wrath or bite