Class Changes in Shadowlands Expansion
This page will feature all of the planned class changes for the new expansion for World of Warcraft, Shadowlands.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available throughout BlizzCon and beyond.
Class Changes in Shadowlands
As with every expansion, Shadowlands brings with it a number of class changes.
Currently, the confirmed changes are as follows, according to the Deep Dive at BlizzCon:
- Class Defining Mechanics — the following major class mechanics will be
making a return in Shadowlands.
- Auras will be returning for Paladins.
- Totems will be returning for Shamans.
- Poisons will be returning for Rogues.
- Curses will be returning for Warlocks.
- Iconic Class Abilities — the following abilities will be returning in
Shadowlands, all of which were considered "iconic" abilities for their respective
classes, and were either removed or made spec-specific.
- Raise Dead and Death Coil will be returning for Death Knights.
- Frost Shock will be returning for Shamans.
- Consecration will be returning for Paladins.
- Ursol's Vortex will be returning for Druids.
- Shiv will be returning for Rogues.
- Talents — the following talents will be making a return as either
normal or Honor talents.
- Demonic Circle for Warlocks.
- Summon Gargoyle and Anti-Magic Zone for Death Knights.
- Hunter's Mark for Hunters.
- Hammer of Wrath for Paladins.
- Cyclone for Druids.
- Long Lost Friends — these are abilities that were removed from the game
and will return to aid in the move towards increasing class fantasy and identity.
- Shattering Throw
- Kill Shot
- Ritual of Doom
- Challenging Shout
- Eyes of the Beast
Class Fantasy in Shadowlands
Blizzard have stated that they want to move away from the spec-fantasy that was pushed during Battle for Azeroth and instead focus on class identity and fantasy in the new expansion. This will be done by restoring spells that were removed or made spec-specific, to try and bring about a more cohesive identity for each class beyond single specs.
- 02 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 126.96.36.199411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide