Covenant Changes in Shadowlands Patch 9.0.5
You can find more information about general Covenant Abilities in our dedicated guide.
Necrolord Covenant Changes
Necrolord Covenant Ability Changes
- Fleshcraft has been redesigned — Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 minutes. While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 20%. Passive effect: Moving near an enemy's corpse consumes their essence to reduce Fleshcraft's cooldown by 1 second.
- The slime creatures within the Plaguefall dungeon will now grant their buffs when their corpses are consumed by Fleshcraft’s passive effect (was when Fleshcraft was used on their corpses).
Necrolord Soulbind Changes
- Volatile Solvent (Plague Deviser Marileth) now triggers when Fleshcraft's passive effect consumes a corpse's essence (was when Fleshcraft is cast).
- Resourceful Fleshcrafting (Bonesmith Heirmir) has been redesigned — When Fleshcraft’s passive effect consumes a corpse, the cooldown of Fleshcraft is reduced by an additional 1 second.
Necrolord Anima Conductor: Flowing Power - House of Rituals Changes
- Skeleton Command now summons a skeleton when Fleshcraft's passive effect consumes a corpse. This effect has a 5 second cooldown between summoning skeletons.
Night Fae Covenant Changes
- Spirits within The Queen’s Conservatory are eager to return to life and will now automatically provide players with their reward without having to speak to them first.
Night Fae Soulbind Changes
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to die through Podtender (Dreamweaver) if the lethal blow had a large overkill.
Venthyr Covenant Changes
The Ember Court
The Ember Court has been updated with permanent RSVPs.
- Guests who you have reached Best Friends Status with now give you a permanent RSVP.
- The Permanent RSVP will allow all your characters on your account to invite that guest to future Ember Courts without completing their RSVP quest again.
Temel in Sinfall now sells Restock and Repair, Tips and Tricks for Keeping the Party Going at Exalted with The Ember Court. The book teaches your Dredger Butler how to handle the Cleanup and Restocking quests that follow the Ember Courts.
One-time reputation items from Temel and Lady Ilinca will no longer appear once learned.
Venthyr Soulbind Changes
Visual Updates to Covenant Class Abilities
Ashen Hallow (Venthyr Paladin), Abomination Limb (Necrolord Death Knight), Swarming Mist (Venthyr Death Knight), Death's Due (Night Fae Death Knight), Wild Spirits (Night Fae Hunter), Resonating Arrow (Kyrian Hunter), and Ancient Aftershock (Night Fae Warrior) visual effects will now appear less overwhelming to allied players when cast in dungeons or raids. These changes are still going through iterations and may not be final.
More Covenant Class Ability Changes
Please, visit the corresponding class' page for more information about specific Covenant Class Ability changes.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 26 Feb. 2021: Updated for Build 37705.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)