Corrupted Mementos Overview from Patch 8.3 (BfA 8.3)
Corrupted Mementos are a new currency introduced in Patch 8.3 to research through the Titan Research Archive and purchase cosmetic rewards from Wrathion.
What are Corrupted Mementos?
How do you earn Corrupted Mementos?
This currency can be earnt in a number of ways, but their primary source comes from Horrific Visions.
Players will receive huge amounts of Corrupted Mementos as they manage to progress further through Horrific Visions, with a full clear with 5 Faceless Masks active granting upwards of 5,000 Mementos.
You will receive Corrupted Mementos for almost every action that you take in Horrific Visions, including:
- Completing objectives in different zones (this is given through the chests at the end of the run).
- Killing enemies (this is given in real time and can be tracked via the objective tab).
- Looting chests (this is also given in real time, just as Mementos for kills are).
It is worth noting that for every Faceless Mask you have active, you will gain 20% increased Corrupted Mementos.
Completing Objectives in Horrific Visions
There are 3 types of zone in Horrific Visions and each one grants a different amount of Mementos, based on the difficulty of the zone.
For the Tainted area, which is the easiest of the three types, you will always receive a minimum of 50 Corrupted Mementos, regardless of whether you kill the boss or not.
If you do manage to kill the main boss in the Tainted area, you will receive a minimum of 100 Corrupted Mementos. You will then receive additional Mementos depending on the objectives you have completed elsewhere in the Horrific Vision. Note that this is independent of the chests for the other zones; this means that, if you clear 1 Corrupted (Tier 2) zone and then kill the final boss, you will receive a chest with 150 Corrupted Mementos for the Tier 2 objective, as well as additional Mementos in the main chest that are added on to the 100 you would get for killing Alleria or Thrall.
The drop amounts for Mementos for each area are as follows:
- Tainted Areas: 50 Corrupted Mementos if incomplete, 100
Corrupted Mementos if completed.
- You can receive additional Mementos for each objective you complete in the Vision. You will get 25 Mementos per objective completed.
- If you complete all of the objectives, the main reward chest for Tainted area (the central loot chest) will contain a total of 300 Corrupted Mementos.
- Corrupted Areas: no reward if incomplete, 150 Corrupted Mementos for each completed.
- Lost Areas: no reward if incomplete, 300 Corrupted Mementos for each completed.
Killing Enemies in Horrific Visions
The enemies that you kill in Horrific Visions will give you Mementos, which you can track in the objectives tab. The amount you receive for kills is updated in real time, meaning the amount you receive is immediately updated in the objective display.
You will receive the Mementos that are displayed here once you leave the Horrific Vision, rather than in a chest, as with the objective Mementos.
Looting Chests in Horrific Visions
Once you have researched Clear Sight in the Titan Research Archive, you can find chests in Horrific Visions that grant additional Mementos.
You will get more from each chest as the difficulty of the zone increases, with Tainted areas giving the least and Lost areas giving the most.
In Tainted areas, you will receive approximately 35 Corrupted Mementos in each chest you loot. This then approximately doubles as you go up in tiers, meaning Corrupted and Lost areas grant 75 and 150 Corrupted Mementos respectively.
You can earn small amounts of Mementos from Assaults, most notably from the cache that you get after completing an Assault and handing it in.
You can also have Mementos drop from mobs in Assaults, but the amounts are normally fairly low.
Visions of N'Zoth
The daily Visions can also give players Mementos, both through completion and kills. While you normally will not get a huge amount of Mementos from kills, once your cloak is upgraded and you are well enough geared, you can very easily mass pull mobs inside the Visions to farm up a decent amount of Mementos.
You will also be granted additional Mementos for your first Vision completed for the day and week.
Mini-Bosses in Nya'lotha
There are a number of trash mobs in Ny'alotha that also award Corrupted Mementos when they are killed.
- Deresh of the Nothingness — found before you head towards the Hivemind. Drops 200 Mementos.
- Gryth'ax the Executioner — found after killing Wrathion. Drops 200 Mementos.
- Jesh'ra — found outside the elevator after killing the first 3 bosses. Drops 200 Mementos.
- Sanguimar — found patrolling the area after killing the first 3 bosses. Drops 200 Mementos.
Corrupted Mementos Rewards
Wrathion Vendor Rewards
Wrathion has 3 rewards for sale in exchange for Corrupted Mementos. All of these require players to have completed the We Have the Technology achievement, which requires you to research all items in the Titanic Research Archive.
|Black Dragonscale Backpack||5,000 Corrupted Mementos||Cosmetic Backpack Transmog|
|Gouged Eye of N'Zoth||25,000 Corrupted Mementos||Adds a socket to an item without one|
|Wicked Swarmer||100,000 Corrupted Mementos||Mount|
You can see the Black Dragonscale Backpack below; this is a unique transmog model.
The model of the mount that can be purchased from Wrathion, Wicked Swarmer, is shown below.
- 25 May 2020: Added further information on Nya'lotha raid drops for Mementos.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Updated guide post-release with additional information.
- 12 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes