Demonology Warlock DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we explain how to easily play Demonology Warlock in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of a Demonology Warlock
Demonology focuses on maintaining a small army of demons at all times, which will deal the majority of your damage. This specialization can be very effective, particularly on single targets, and burst AoE.
In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons, AddOns, and reactivity necessary without compromising overall damage output.
Talent Choice for Demonology Warlock
These Talent recommendations are optimized for ease of use. If a talent requires significant optimization to provide DPS gains, we will instead recommend a competitive talent that requires less knowledge to make use of. See the Talents page for a full and objective evaluation of the Talent tree. These talents aim to present a strong build that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Demonic Strength
- Level 30: Demonic Calling
- Level 45: Burning Rush
- Level 60: Soul Strike
- Level 75: Demonic Circle
- Level 90: Soul Conduit
- Level 100: Demonic Consumption
Stat Priority for Demonology Warlock
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Mastery ≅ Critical Strike
If you have access to multiple Explosive Potential your stat priority will change to:
- Critical Strike ≥ Versatility;
Essence Choices for Demonology Warlock
For single-target, use Vision of Perfection if you want to gamble for the highest possible numbers, or Worldvein Resonance if you value consistency instead. The Crucible of Flame's Concentrated Flame can be used in open world content for a less cooldown-oriented build, but is generally worse than the other 2 options.
Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Azerite Beam is a must for when adds need to be burst as quickly as possible, and is tied with Worldvein Resonance on 2 targets, becoming increasingly better with more targets.
For single-target situations, pick any of the following minors:
- Breath of the Dying's Lethal Strikes;
- The Crucible of Flame's Ancient Flame;
- Conflict and Strife's Strife;
- Essence of the Focusing Iris's Focused Energy, if you are not swapping targets frequently.
When dealing with multiple targets, consider opting for at least one of the following:
- Blood of the Enemy's Blood-Soaked, if you expect to cast mainly Implosion, Hand of Gul'dan, and Bilescourge Bombers;
- Purification Protocol, when targets are stacked.
Azerite Quick Reference for Demonology Warlock
Single Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
- Cast Call Dreadstalkers whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan if you have 4-5 Soul Shards.
- Cast Demonbolt if you have 2+ stacks of Demonic Core.
- Cast Soul Strike whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan with 3 Soul Shards.
- Cast Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards.
Multiple Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Updated Essence recommendations.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 06 Nov. 2018: Updated Tyrant usage.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Added Azerite Outer Ring simulations (single target and cleave) for quick reference.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: Updated stat priority and Implosion usage.
- Hunter Stable Size Increased to 205 Slots in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34972: Class Changes
- Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
- Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Changes to Combat Potions on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Demon Hunter Shadowlands Major Class Changes: July 1st
- An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on the Shadowlands Alpha