Demonology Warlock DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Demonology Warlock in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of a Demonology Warlock
Demonology focuses on maintaining a small army of demons at all times, which will deal the majority of your damage. This specialization can be very effective, particularly on single targets, and burst AoE.
In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons, AddOns, and reactivity necessary without compromising overall damage output.
For newcomers, it is advisable to browse the Spell Summary page first, in order to learn more about the abilities available and to familiarise yourself with.
Talent Choice for Demonology Warlock
These Talent recommendations are optimized for ease of use. If a talent requires significant optimization to provide DPS gains, we will instead recommend a competitive talent that requires less knowledge to make use of. See the Talents page for a full and objective evaluation of the Talent tree. These talents aim to present a strong build that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Dreadlash
- Level 25: Demonic Calling
- Level 30: Burning Rush
- Level 35: Soul Strike
- Level 40: Mortal Coil
- Level 45: Soul Conduit
- Level 50: Demonic Consumption
If you are looking to maximise your output as Demonology Warlock instead of simplicity and ease of use you can find a more in-depth analysis and rationale on our talent page as follows:
Stat Priority for Demonology Warlock
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Mastery ≅ Critical Strike
In general, at the beginning of the expansion Intellect is more important than secondaries, about 2 if not 3 times better, depending on the secondary stat.
While stats priority is a general guideline, there might be situations where the lists differ. If you are interested in a detailed explanation on Stats with the effects and implications each one of those provides, head to the page below.
Single Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
- Cast Call Dreadstalkers whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan if you have 4-5 Soul Shards.
- Cast Demonbolt if you have 2+ stacks of Demonic Core.
- Cast Soul Strike whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan with 3 Soul Shards.
- Cast Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards.
Multiple Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
For a more comprehensive explanation on the priority list, including openers, check out the rotation page.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated secondary stat priority in relationship with Intellect.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- More Detailed Sanctum of Domination Seak Peek Preview
- All Bear Druid Heroic Castle Nathria Clear
- Shaman & Warrior Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- How to Unlock Using Mounts in the Maw and Korthia in Patch 9.1
- Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- A Fan-Made Pepe Mount and... a Literal Gnome Mount??
- How to Get the Slime Serpent Secret Mount in Shadowlands