Demonology Warlock DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Demonology Warlock in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of a Demonology Warlock
Demonology focuses on maintaining a small army of demons at all times, which will deal the majority of your damage. This specialization can be very effective, particularly on single targets, and burst AoE.
In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons, AddOns, and reactivity necessary without compromising overall damage output.
For newcomers, it is advisable to browse the Spell Summary page first, in order to learn more about the abilities available and to familiarise yourself with.
Talent Choice for Demonology Warlock
These Talent recommendations are optimized for ease of use. If a talent requires significant optimization to provide DPS gains, we will instead recommend a competitive talent that requires less knowledge to make use of. See the Talents page for a full and objective evaluation of the Talent tree. These talents aim to present a strong build that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Dreadlash
- Level 25: Demonic Calling
- Level 30: Burning Rush
- Level 35: Soul Strike
- Level 40: Mortal Coil
- Level 45: Soul Conduit
- Level 50: Demonic Consumption
If you are looking to maximise your output as Demonology Warlock instead of simplicity and ease of use you can find a more in-depth analysis and rationale on our talent page as follows:
Stat Priority for Demonology Warlock
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Mastery ≅ Critical Strike
In general, at the beginning of the expansion Intellect is more important than secondaries, about 2 if not 3 times better, depending on the secondary stat.
While stats priority is a general guideline, there might be situations where the lists differ. If you are interested in a detailed explanation on Stats with the effects and implications each one of those provides, head to the page below.
Single Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
- Cast Call Dreadstalkers whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan if you have 4-5 Soul Shards.
- Cast Demonbolt if you have 2+ stacks of Demonic Core.
- Cast Soul Strike whenever available.
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan with 3 Soul Shards.
- Cast Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards.
Multiple Target Rotation for Demonology Warlock
For a more comprehensive explanation on the priority list, including openers, check out the rotation page.
Covenant Choice for Demonology Warlock
While there is good enough balance among Covenants that you can choose the one that thematically resonates with you the most, Night Fae should be mentioned as it is the most versatile across every sort of content available.
If you want a detailed breakdown of each Covenant option, follow the link below:
Legendary Choice for Demonology Warlock
The addition of Memory of Unity in 9.2 enables the use of specific Covenant legendary effect alongside your Primary Legendary Choice. Specifically for Night Fae the effect granted is Decaying Soul Satchel which can be paired with either Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning or Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling.
More information about Legedary choices can be found here:
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated secondary stat priority in relationship with Intellect.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Patch 9.2.5 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Weeks 3 and 4
- Amazon Twitch Prime Rewards for WoW: Jewel of the Firelord
- Fourth Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Accepting Cross-Faction Invites Turns You Hostile to Everyone in PvP Brawls and Battlegrounds
- Level 70 Character Boost Coming in Wrath Classic?
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Beta Update 0.9.2
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 28th